Author Topic: "Shadow Game" campaign  (Read 1667 times)

Offline AqueousShadow

• Devil
  • Imperial Highway
"Shadow Game" campaign
Hey all, I was just bored out of my mind, so I started up with a campaign idea. Seeing that I couldn't get a secure "job" anywhere, I decided that I should take things into my own hands and get somewhere by myself. So I came up with this campaign. I hope to get it off the ground and I hope it doesn't become a scrap idea thrown in the trash either. Here's a brief synopsis:

"The year is 13 C.D. (consectarius deflagratio), 13 years after the destruction of Capella, 13 years after the second place we Terrans called home was destroyed, 13 years of strife and terror. Those who prophesy and those who uphold skeptic beliefs speak of the year to come as an Apocalypse. They rely on a simple number as an oracle that speaks of terror and the ending of all life.

But those of more optimistic perspectives see the years to come as a sign of great prosperity, of peace, and regard the 13 years as nothing short of a timeline. Our races have gone over many changes throughout the years. New weapons have emerged from new studies of nebular gases, new ships have been built to better service the dwindling population, and the same reason for survival has presented itself. Both races would never let anything strip them of they're pride.The GTVA has broken into a new era, and nothing thus far has proved against such optimism. Until now...

A science experiment went wrong. With the great curiosity in what lies beyond the portals that have been breached by man, the Terrans quickly dove into the sciences of subspace travel, developing new jump drives and subspace systems. During certain tests, an explosion errupted while a science team and your wing were jumping out of the system.

Upon exiting the subspace jump, the team came across a vast nebula. You don't know what you've encountered, but it leaves you little time to find out what it is. With your systems disrupted by the nebular storm, and a monster lurking in the darkness, your choices are limited..."

Great idea, yes, no? Well, if you're wondering, the "C.D." stands for consectarius deflagratio, which means "after the destruction by fire" in Latin. No, I'm not a Latin expert, just looked it up in a Latin dictionary online :lol: Newayz, tell me what you think. Currently these positions are what I need:

MODders - For ships, weapons, etc.
Composers - For music and sounds
Texturers - For texture maps and skinning
Web Designer - For website maintenance

These are some possible postitions:

2D\3D Animator - For ANI's and such
Voice Actors - For voice overs

Well, if you're interested, my e-mail is in my profile. You can also PM me, or just simply post here. I'll fill you in if you sign up. Hope this thing get's off the ground :nervous:

EDIT: Made the synopsis uhh....better....thanx to Analazon for pointing that out :D
« Last Edit: August 22, 2002, 08:12:25 pm by 835 »

Offline AqueousShadow

• Devil
  • Imperial Highway
uhhh....*bump*:blah:

Offline Anaz

you didn't say what happens...thats about 90% of all post-capella beginnings...
Arrr. I'm a pirate.

AotD, DatDB, TVWP, LM. Ph34r.

You WILL go to warpstorm...

Offline AqueousShadow

• Devil
  • Imperial Highway
D'OH!! That's probably why everyone has been ignoring the post :blah:

EDIT: Hope that synopsis is better :blah:
« Last Edit: August 22, 2002, 08:10:47 pm by 835 »

Offline AqueousShadow

• Devil
  • Imperial Highway
Please delete this useless post, moderator. :nod:

Offline Akrovah

Think it sounds great, unfortunalty i'm no modder, only limited modeling skills, and i can never make a model with a low enough poly count. Sorry i am't help you.
Bobby (Akrovah) Hovorka
    [email protected]  
    "The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shap of that future, or where it will take us. We only know, that it is always born in pain." -- G'Quon - Babylon 5