Hoping someone here can help (sorry for the long post). Just installed the following and cannot get Trackir5 to work:
* Freespace 2 (via GoG Galaxy Client)
* Knossos 0.13.3 (with MediaVPs)
* FSO 3.8.0 (installed via Knossos)
* both scptrackir.dll and scptrackir64.dll from this 3.8.0 release thread: [**https://tinyurl.com/ybxxfek5**](https://tinyurl.com/ybxxfek5
* wxlauncher 0.12.0-rc2.exe (but there is a problem with this, see below)
Here's what I did: I installed the game via the GoG Galaxy client; then installed FSO via the Knossos interface, and added the MediaVPs as well. I then downloaded the two .dlls above and copied them in several locations to be sure - they are currently in:
* the default Freespace 2 directory for GoG (where the FS2.exe file is)
* the Games/FreespaceOpen directory (I don't think they need to be here)
* my user folder in windows/HardlightProductions/FreeSpaceOpen
* and as above but ../FreeSpaceOpen\FS2
I launch the game via Knossos, and it all runs beautifully, except no trackir.
So I've tried putting the .DLLs (both of them) every where they will fit basically. So am I missing something here?
Should it just work as soon as I go into a mission? (I'm only in training missions at this point).
I've scoured the config settings in game and I can't see anything relevant. I've tried activating freelook via the binding, but it doesn't do anything. Is it supposed to be configured? Or is it supposed to just work?
Note: I got this far and realised I hadn't downloaded and installed the wxlauncher because I didn't think I needed it. I tried, but couldn't set it up because it apparently couldn't find a supported exe file, but I found info to suggest I still don't need it so unless someone tells me I do need it I'm just going to forget about it.
So I have no idea right now what's going on.
EDIT: If it matters, I have my drive partitioned and install everything on my D: drive. Also, the core game, installed under GoG is within the D:\\Program Files (x86) directory, if that has a baring on anything (I know that is a conflict for some older games).