Author Topic: HLP YouTube channel  (Read 748 times)

Re: HLP YouTube channel
There are two things that I'd want to mention.

1. @MjnMixael: I perfectly understand your standpoint here. Of course, you want your videos to be yours, since it's important for your work and promotion of your skills. But not everyone has got such worries - I can imagine that some random Freespace player who would be able to make such a playthrough video series wouldn't necessarily need this minor amount of views FSO video get and probably wouldn't even want to bloat his channel with this (or create one especially for this). Like, for example, Colt. Basically, if people want to upload their videos directly to HLP's channel - let them! Of course there should be a mention of who made the videos in descriptions.

2. Youtube allows you to create many different playlists (like most channels there do) and they also let you link to other channels' videos in them. This is pretty often used by content creators who make collab series once in a while, if videos are split between channels both channels include all of them in their playlists. Besides, I'd say that using the "liked videos" playlist is considered not professional at best.
Mito [PL] - Today at 8:52 PM
I was supposed to make a short presentation about basics of optical fibers and here I am, listening to Eurobeat while reading about quantum cryptography.

Offline mjn.mixael

• Cutscene Master
  • Anims: 420, Cutscenes: 10, Mainhalls: 7, Logos: 52
    • Steam
    • Twitter
    • Mix-Hai Productions
1. @MjnMixael: I perfectly understand your standpoint here. Of course, you want your videos to be yours, since it's important for your work and promotion of your skills. But not everyone has got such worries - I can imagine that some random Freespace player who would be able to make such a playthrough video series wouldn't necessarily need this minor amount of views FSO video get and probably wouldn't even want to bloat his channel with this (or create one especially for this). Like, for example, Colt. Basically, if people want to upload their videos directly to HLP's channel - let them! Of course there should be a mention of who made the videos in descriptions.

I did not say to disallow this. If someone wants to do that, fine. I'm saying it should be outside the scope of the channel to solicit it. There was talk of finding other's Let's Play series or other FS work and move them to the HLP channel... of trying to make the HLP channel the the place for FS video content. I'm just saying that's the wrong way to go about it.  I would nuance more what the channel should be. Instead of being "the place to find FS video content" it would be more "the place to find video content that promotes HLP's work".
Cutscene Upgrade Project - Mainhall Remakes - MixaelANITools - Between the Ashes - MjnMixael's Render Boutique - Mix-Hai Productions
Youtube Channel - P3D Model Box - Photobucket Albums - Model Releases - Downloads
Between the Ashes is looking for committed testers, PM me for details.
Report MediaVP issues, now on the MediaVP Mantis! Read all about it Here!

Offline Nightmare

Does YT reward it when you're just hosting playlists on your channel (not money or clicks, but preference in their search algorithm)?