Author Topic: VPs  (Read 1691 times)

I see the Blue Planet Complete version i Knossos downloads the 3.7.2 media VPs. Are those actually used by the AoA or WiH campaigns or is that just for the Freespace 2 blue remake?

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
BP requires both the base FS2 game and the MediaVPs.
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Offline Cyborg17

• Life? Don't talk to me about life....
The most recent Media VPs are used by most mods as a core set of ships, textures and other misc assets.  As the Media VPs are updated, most mods use the updated version to take advantage of its upgrades.

I see the Blue Planet Complete version i Knossos downloads the 3.7.2 media VPs. Are those actually used by the AoA or WiH campaigns or is that just for the Freespace 2 blue remake?

BP is using the 3.7.2 ones AFAIK, as there might be issues with the recent most one. I don't know which version FS2 Blue uses, but since neither got updated/rereleased since MVP 2018 got out I'd presume the same.

Thanks all, in that case, is there a way to force the mod to use 3.8.2? I have both 3.8.2 and 3.7.2 but there's no way that I can see as to which one it's using.

You can run a debug built, the fs2_open.log shows you which files you're loading. Don't know if there's a way to change mod dependencies on the user end, but I don't know whether running a mod with different files is that a good idea.

You can run a debug built, the fs2_open.log shows you which files you're loading. Don't know if there's a way to change mod dependencies on the user end, but I don't know whether running a mod with different files is that a good idea.

Got you, thanks. I just was curious to test and see if it made any change to some hud scaling issues that I don't get when using the 3.8.2 vps with FS2 Open.

If you want to test something... you can try to copy the MVP_2018 into the 3.7.2 folder and store the other files somewhere where the game doesn't find them. *Should* work, but I can't give any guarentees.

If you want to test something... you can try to copy the MVP_2018 into the 3.7.2 folder and store the other files somewhere where the game doesn't find them. *Should* work, but I can't give any guarentees.

Good deal, i'll give it a shot. Thanks.