Author Topic: Hello from the Red Faction community!  (Read 1642 times)

Offline Goober

• Hi! I'm Goober.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
    • Goober Plays Games
Hello from the Red Faction community!
Hello everyone! I'm Goober, one of the founders and administrators of Faction Files - the largest, and since 2009, effectively the only Red Faction community. I was speaking with Karajorma, and they recommended I post here as some HLP members may be Red Faction fans :)

Our Discord redfaction.chat allows the community to collaborate and chat about anything related to the Red Faction series, and our website http://factionfiles.com hosts custom maps, mods, tools, and patches. Additionally, we've recently launched http://redfaction.help - a (still in progress) one-stop source for common issues and quick reference for the entire Red Faction series.

Furthermore, Dash Faction 1.3.0 was recently released - Dash Faction is a third-party Red Faction patch made by one of our awesome community members (rafalh), and it adds modern features, enhances performance, and fixes compatibility issues, bugs, and security vulnerabilities. You can download it here: Dash Faction

Some of the main features of Dash Faction are listed below, full list is available in the changelog and readme files:
- Proper fixes for many bugs (like the exploding submarine bug - you won't need to lower your FPS!)
- Increased FPS limit (up to 240 FPS)
- Multiplayer level autodownloader
- Support for high resolution textures, anti-aliasing, ansiotropic filtering, etc.
- High resolution thermal scanner (Rail Driver)
- Proper support for widescreen resolutions, windowed mode, and "noborder" windowed mode
- Improved multiplayer scoreboard (with kills/deaths column)
- Multiplayer cheat prevention
- Support for German and French Red Faction versions
- Huge amount of performance enhancements, and fixes for bugs/security vulnerabilities

In any event, I just wanted to reach out as a member of one community for an old Volition game to another :P

Cheers!

Goober
Hi! I'm Goober from the Red Faction community.
Check me out on YouTube: Goober Plays Games

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
Re: Hello from the Red Faction community!
I may have visited once or twice back in the day.   :yes:

Was the source code ever released for Red Faction?  Also I'm unashamedly of the opinion that RF2 had a better story than 1   ;)

Finally...

:welcomered:
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Hello and welcome to you, FF!Goober. Thanks for the post, it is indeed of interest to some of us :)

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
I was waiting for that to happen from the moment I heard they had an admin called Goober. :D
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
Was his original nickname supposed to be Sesquipedalian, too? :D
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta