Author Topic: greetings  (Read 1309 times)

Greetings,

I never did one of these (I've been lurking since March 2019 or so), figured I may as well say hi and such.

I played FS2 a whole lot as a ten year old. This year I've been revisiting a whole lot of stuff from my childhood, games, TV, etc. I really enjoyed playing FS2 back then.

I knew that the modding community existed, but hadn't played with it sinceā€¦ 2005 or something? I think I played back then with some version of the mediavps. But dang, y'all have done great work. I've been slowly playing the back catalog, and it's really impressive how much thought and work have been put into the campaigns. I've been having a lot of fun.

I'm a pretty decent software developer in my day job, and have started contributing a bit to FSO (currently around AI code and the sexp system).

I'm also fairly reasonable at FRED and playtesting, though I'm busy on a mod of my own and can't help folk out there.

I am about as native an english speaker as there is, if non-native speakers want reviews on that stuff, I'm happy to help.

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
:welcomegreen:

Show us them Fred skills 👍👍
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

I'm a pretty decent software developer in my day job, and have started contributing a bit to FSO (currently around AI code and the sexp system).
Indeed you have ! Thank you for your contributions and welcome to the forums !