Author Topic: Autopilot  (Read 89 times)

Offline SL1

Is there a walkthrough somewhere that takes you through every step of making a mission with WCS-style autopilot?

I've gone through the WCS tutorial a few times, but it just has you change things in the template mission and doesn't really explain how to set things up yourself. Also, WCS's template isn't much use if you want to make something in regular FS2. I also tried this tutorial: https://wiki.hard-light.net/index.php/Tutorial_-_Autopilot_missions. I was able to set up the waypoints, but the autopilot isn't working. Not only am I not getting a flyby scene, but my ship flies in random directions instead of toward the waypoint. Obviously I'm doing something wrong, but I don't know where to find out what that is.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
  • Administrator
    • Goober5000 Productions
Aside from that wiki article, I don't think there is.

Admiral Nelson has a lot of experience fixing autopilot for Wing Commander Saga, so try asking him.

Can't tell about WCS as I never played that, but using a player-use-ai SEXP and adding a goal should work.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Didn’t they add this feature for WCS then ditch it entirely in favor of another solution?

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Yep. The flyby stuff is hand coded if I remember correctly. I don't know if anyone is using the actual autopilot features in the code.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]