Author Topic: The Return of Su-tehp  (Read 15108 times)

Offline Su-tehp

• Devil in the Deep Blue
Re: The Return of Su-tehp
I'm a bit late here, but always good to see an old timer return. Remember that roster of ships and mission guidelines we made for the multiplayer side of FS2 (with Cetanu)? I recall we had set up a whole forum for that effort, and organized several multiplayer mission packs and got them validated by Volition.

With this virus scare keeping everyone at home, I'm also taking the time to play a lot of campaigns I never got around to before. As said earlier, Between the Ashes is outstanding and should probably be the first one on anyone's list today.

Good to see you again, CP! :D

I don't remember those multiplayer mission guidelines we worked on, I wish I did. But then, that was almost 20 years ago, so I've forgotten a bunch of stuff from back then. Hell, I forgot about so much of my Devil and the Deep Blue campaign until people reminded me after I got back.

As for the coronavirus, Yeah, I'm trying to stay home as much as possible too, but at least my job at the supermarket is only 3 blocks away from my apartment, so I don't have to travel far. It seems like I'm busier than ever, what with everyone swarming my market with mass purchases hoarding meat, chicken and especially paper towels and toilet paper. FFS, for at least the past week, those two sections of the store have been cleaned out every day, get some of their stock replaced at 6am when the store opens and then get cleaned out again by 10am. It's a strange sight to see an entire supermarket lane completely empty for days on end. A sign of the times, I suppose. :ick:

I haven't had the time to play Freespace for at least a week, but then again Diablo 3's Season 20 just started and I had to get my season toons up to speed there. (Mundunugu Spirit Barrage Witch Doctor is AMAZING!) :cool: :drevil: :yes: :yes: :yes:
REPUBLICANO FACTIO DELENDA EST

Creator of the Devil and the Deep Blue campaign - Current Story Editor of the Exile campaign

"Let my people handle this, we're trained professionals. Well, we're semi-trained, quasi-professionals, at any rate." --Roy Greenhilt,
The Order of the Stick

"Let´s face it, we Freespace players may not be the most sophisticated of gaming freaks, but we do know enough to recognize a heap of steaming crap when it´s right in front of us."
--Su-tehp, while posting on the DatDB internal forum

"The meaning of life is that in the end you always get screwed."
--The Catch 42 Expression, The Lost Fleet: Beyond the Frontier: Steadfast

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
We had a lot of discussion on what would make good multiplayer missions that fit into the canon storyline. I remember we were arguing with many other people submitting missions on that forum, on guidelines like having missions where you play as NTF not giving you advanced equipment like the Helios or Ares, and so on. The goal was to only submit missions to Volition that were Volition quality, and I think we pulled that off. :D The ship roster ultimately got incorporated into the FS wiki.

And yea, people are hammering the supermarkets here too, but most things seem to be in stock except for toilet paper and a few other items.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Are you referring to these multiplayer guidelines, perchance?
http://fredzone.hard-light.net/su-tehp_ntf.shtml

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
Exactly, that was it! FRED Zone had its own forum at one point where we hashed these things out.

Offline Su-tehp

• Devil in the Deep Blue
Are you referring to these multiplayer guidelines, perchance?
http://fredzone.hard-light.net/su-tehp_ntf.shtml

Holy crap, I had forgotten all about this. Damn, I was very snooty about canon back then, wasn't I?

That timeline could probably be improved with dates from Silent Threat: Reborn command briefings. I'll have to find a way to beat the "Forced Hand" mission as that's as far as I got in ST:R a couple of months ago when I got back to Freespace and HLP. I keep getting killed after taking so much damage from the Loki fighters while trying to disable the Repulse. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :hopping: :ick:
REPUBLICANO FACTIO DELENDA EST

Creator of the Devil and the Deep Blue campaign - Current Story Editor of the Exile campaign

"Let my people handle this, we're trained professionals. Well, we're semi-trained, quasi-professionals, at any rate." --Roy Greenhilt,
The Order of the Stick

"Let´s face it, we Freespace players may not be the most sophisticated of gaming freaks, but we do know enough to recognize a heap of steaming crap when it´s right in front of us."
--Su-tehp, while posting on the DatDB internal forum

"The meaning of life is that in the end you always get screwed."
--The Catch 42 Expression, The Lost Fleet: Beyond the Frontier: Steadfast