Author Topic: Coronavirus Outbreak  (Read 134700 times)

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Can't get lung infections if you have no lungs

this is some stable genius galaxy brain ****, i wonder how much BRAIN-FORCE you have to be on to come up with it

The obvious retort for you Goobers and jr2s out there is to claim that Trump was just making a joke, having a bit of a laugh, you know. The problem, as always with any attempts to exonerate Trump for saying incredibly stupid things, is that he wasn't. In that clip, Trumps bull****ting about using disinfectant is in the middle of some bull****ting about using UV light emitters in the body, an idea which I can't honestly claim to have an opinion on. In the same tone that he was talking about that maybe not entirely stupid idea, he was talking about disinfectant in the lung. If one of those suggestions is a joke and the other isn't, how the **** can you tell?
« Last Edit: April 24, 2020, 02:03:04 am by The E »
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
Impartial assassination wishes.
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Impartial assassination wishes.

This sounds like a problem that'll (dis)solve itself.

Offline Luis Dias

The obvious retort for you Goobers and jr2s out there is to claim that Trump was just making a joke, having a bit of a laugh, you know. The problem, as always with any attempts to exonerate Trump for saying incredibly stupid things, is that he wasn't. In that clip, Trumps bull****ting about using disinfectant is in the middle of some bull****ting about using UV light emitters in the body, an idea which I can't honestly claim to have an opinion on. In the same tone that he was talking about that maybe not entirely stupid idea, he was talking about disinfectant in the lung. If one of those suggestions is a joke and the other isn't, how the **** can you tell?

They're attributing it to interpretation malfeasance (or stupidity) by those darn liber'ls
https://www.breitbart.com/the-media/2020/04/23/fact-check-no-trump-didnt-propose-injecting-people-with-disinfectant/

My head hurts.

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
    • Steam
    • Twitter
My head hurts.

That's just the gas from the lights

Offline theperfectdrugsk

• thinks there should be a dedicated 'en-dash' key
In the middle of a pandemic is exactly the right time to fire an expert on vaccines because he won't back up the god-emperor's bull**** on unproven drugs

Not fired, reassigned, and it seems plenty of folks were unhappy with this guy long before anything having to go with covid. I suggest reading the Politico article linked within, as it goes much more in-depth.

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
    • Steam
    • Twitter
They're attributing it to interpretation malfeasance (or stupidity) by those darn liber'ls
https://www.breitbart.com/the-media/2020/04/23/fact-check-no-trump-didnt-propose-injecting-people-with-disinfectant/

That's some amazing ex-post-facto rationalization to cover up the words the President clearly used in the press conference.

I mean, ****, Trump asks if there is "something like that... by ... injection ... inside or ... almost a cleaning, cos you see, it gets in the lungs"
They even ackknowledge that those words were said! But then, the twist: when Trump talks about "injecting", he actually means "applying to external surfaces"! Such a genius. Such a titan of wordplay, that he can make a word that refers to one concept and use them in a way that means something completely different!

But which also would *still be catostrophically bad*!

I mean it's true that his demented ramblings are talking about irrigating the lungs with disinfectant rather than 'injecting' it into tissue per se, but that does not actually make it any less insane and stupid.
The good Christian should beware of mathematicians, and all those who make empty prophecies. The danger already exists that the mathematicians have made a covenant with the devil to darken the spirit and to confine man in the bonds of Hell.

From Breitbart's hilarious "fact check":

When ABC News’ Jonathan Karl asked Dr. Bryant about whether the president had proposed injecting a person with “bleach and isopropyl alcohol” later, Trump clarified that “It wouldn’t be through injection,” and that he was talking about “cleaning, sterilization of an area,” and about applying the disinfectant to “a stationary object.”

If your lungs are stationary, then you're dead. Or, as The Guardian puts it:

Note: If you are not a stationary object and are, in fact, a person, please follow medical advice and do not inject disinfectant into your body.

Offline MP-Ryan

• Makes General Discussion Make Sense.
  • Global Moderator
  • Keyboard > Pen > Sword
    • Twitter
I am appalled that actual medical experts are having to spend previous time explaining to the public that the President's comments that maybe UV light or disinfectants can be used in the body are at best nonsensical and at worst dangerous suggestions to an increasingly gullible group of Trump supporters who lack critical thinking ability.

Sorry, I'm breaking my rule about political participation but this is outrageously bad and dangerous commentary in the public sphere that needs to be condemned as loudly, quickly, and firmly as possible.  There is no defending it; all you need to do is listen to the words coming out of his mouth to realize that he has no idea how the body works and is flailing to show progress, and there is GOING TO BE at least one person who hears this commentary and decides drinking or breathing in bleach is a great idea.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2020, 09:35:14 am by MP-Ryan »
"In the beginning, the Universe was created.  This made a lot of people very angry and has widely been regarded as a bad move."  [Douglas Adams]

Offline IronBeer

• (Witty catchphrase)
    • Minecraft
Here I could go on and on about the lung biology and how to kill pathogens and whatever, but frankly I just don't have the ****ing patience any more.

I'm so, so tired.
"I have approximate knowledge of many things."

Ridiculous, the Director's Cut

Starlancer Head Animations - Converted

Offline starlord

This is why every population of every nation needs more doctors/health researchers.

This is why education needs a massive boost nowadays
« Last Edit: April 24, 2020, 12:34:04 pm by starlord »

The obvious retort for you Goobers and jr2s out there is to claim that Trump was just making a joke, having a bit of a laugh, you know. The problem, as always with any attempts to exonerate Trump for saying incredibly stupid things, is that he wasn't.

Well, The E's prediction was borne out. Trump is claiming that it was sarcasm.

Offline starlord

I personally won’t shed tears over people dying when following such ludicrous ideas. If you are dumb enough to ingest bleach in the first place, then consider your status in the human gene pool revoked. No regrets.

On the other hand, I’d advise parents to shield their kids from those same ludicrous ideas: they get around from friend to friend, as well as through social media platforms and schools. I can’t emphasise that enough: WATCH YOUR KIDS! They at least have the excuse of not knowing any better.

Caption challenge!
« Last Edit: April 24, 2020, 02:02:23 pm by -Joshua- »

I personally won’t shed tears over people dying when following such ludicrous ideas. If you are dumb enough to ingest bleach in the first place, then consider your status in the human gene pool revoked. No regrets.

I personally disagree with this. There's been plenty of work done to make people see Trump as an unquestionable authority, and I'd lay the primary responsibility of that to the people who did that and to Trump himself.

Offline starlord

Joshua, as an example: if I told you to go stay underwater indefinitely and that said action would not impair your continued ability to breathe, would you?

A bit of common sense does go a long way.

Offline mjn.mixael

• Cutscene Master
  • Chopped liver
    • Steam
    • Twitter
When life imitates satire...

You're gonna wanna note the date on that Onion article that jokingly discussed a man buying up cleaning products just in case Trump announces they are a Covid-19 cure.
Cutscene Upgrade Project - Mainhall Remakes - Between the Ashes
Youtube Channel - P3D Model Box
Between the Ashes is looking for committed testers, PM me for details.
Freespace Upgrade Project See what's happening.