Author Topic: ANI talking head file brightness  (Read 1523 times)

ANI talking head file brightness
I have looked at some talking head ANI files with ANIVIW32.exe and their brightness seem to be good. However in the game they all appear very dim.  Is there a way to get their brightness to be at least as bright as the file plays outside Freespace?

I am not sure this is the proper forum for this question but I figured I would take a shot.

Thanks

Re: ANI talking head file brightness
You can change the look/colors of the HUD under options, but that's only for the specific pilot, not the whole mod.

Anyway I'd generally suggest to use eff/pngs instead of that old ani format.

Only pictures displayed in the talking head box will change with the option menu.  Any digitized video will not be affected by the option settings.

If you play Head_Cap_Sheridan_4.ani outside the game it is nice and bright. When played in the game it is very dark. I am working on adding the hud.tbl to The Babylon Project (it didn't have one) and was wondering if there are any settings I could add/change to brighten the ANI playback in the game.

[attachment eaten by a Shivan]

Offline 0rph3u5

• Oceans rise. Empires fall.
hud.tbl

! hud_gauges.tbl !

The hud.tbl is no longer used with FreeSpace Open. It was a table file for defining the available shield animations.
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

"...because they are not Dragons."

yes I miss typed the name. sorry

If ANI files are that unpredictable you probably should drop using them; AFAIK all other filetypes don't have to be put through extra compression.

Offline 0rph3u5

• Oceans rise. Empires fall.
TBP's collection of .ani-files are a treasured legacy
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

"...because they are not Dragons."

Well as long as they do the job~

What has bugging me for a while now though, don't have ANI files terrible performance compared to other formats? I tried it once on a intense particle effect and it seemed to make serious difference.