Author Topic: Installing Freespace  (Read 1120 times)

Offline crizza

Installing Freespace
So, I've bought a new PC, which unfortunately doesn't have a CD/Blueray/whatever drive.
Is there a way to install Freespace without buying the game at Steam/GoG?
Not that it is too expensive, just asking.

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Re: Installing Freespace
Copy the install from the old pc to an USB stick, then use that to transfer the files to the new machine, then open Knossos and point it at the new folder.
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Offline crizza

Oh dear, I already formated the old plate...dang!guess I'll rebuy then.

Offline crizza

So, I got the game installed and I installed Knossos.
Yet I seem to be the only guy unable to work with it. Knossos only showed the Retail hggame, granted, because it was the only thing installed.
So Knosssos downloaded MediaVPs 4.1 and the GOTY Mission Pack as I selected BP Complete.
Before that, I thought it nifty to get the newest Version of the MediaVPs linked in the header of the board, but I somehow ****ed it up.
the MVPs downloaded with BP are 4.1.23, so they seem to be the most recent ones.

And now for the rather dumb question: Is Freespace 2 Open supposed to show up as a seperate mod in Knossos or is it the GOTY thingy?

Offline Mito [PL]

• Proud Member of Slavicus Mechanicus
If you want to play just Freespace 2 with graphical updates, hit the Play button on MediaVPs. Hmm, while you're at it, you might just as well try out the Soundscape Enhancement Submission mod, I think it's MediaVPs but with reworked audio. I think.
How do you kill a hydra?

You starve it to death.

Offline crizza

Thank you mate, I just was confused.... a little.
Been some time since I installed the whole stuff.
So, how do I get PBR and all the good stuff, guess my gaming rig can handle it :D

Offline Mito [PL]

• Proud Member of Slavicus Mechanicus
You use some recent FSO build. Also spare a look at the flags in the FSO Settings under Graphics section and the lighting setup: https://wiki.hard-light.net/index.php/Sample_Lighting_Settings https://wiki.hard-light.net/index.php/Command-Line_Reference#Lighting
How do you kill a hydra?

You starve it to death.