Author Topic: A newer Elysium!  (Read 5077 times)

Offline Axem

I think the Elysium was my first ever HTL, and Mjn had the gall to call it "needing updates". I could not take this insult to my favorite wacky boxy transport. And so, I acted to save it's pride.

And of course a few reskins, the Medical Elysium (as seen in FSPort)

And an SAR Elysium (which could also be mistaken as a Taiidan Elysium)

*puts on Nono smile*

That looks awesome!

Offline 0rph3u5

• Oceans rise. Empires fall.
Neat.  :yes:

The inclusion of the Medical and the SAR variant derseves at seperte point of approval....  :nod:
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

"...because they are not Dragons."

Offline Su-tehp

• Devil in the Deep Blue
I think the Elysium was my first ever HTL, and Mjn had the gall to call it "needing updates".

Well, you know how Mjn is.  :p

I could not take this insult to my favorite wacky boxy transport. And so, I acted to save it's pride.

And of course a few reskins, the Medical Elysium (as seen in FSPort)

Damn, that's a nice look for a space ambulance.

And an SAR Elysium (which could also be mistaken as a Taiidan Elysium)

I applaud the Homeworld reference, but Search And Rescue uses a yellow color scheme with red highlights? Huh, I guess you really do learn something new every day.
REPUBLICANO FACTIO DELENDA EST

Creator of the Devil and the Deep Blue campaign - Current Story Editor of the Exile campaign

"Let my people handle this, we're trained professionals. Well, we're semi-trained, quasi-professionals, at any rate." --Roy Greenhilt,
The Order of the Stick

"Let´s face it, we Freespace players may not be the most sophisticated of gaming freaks, but we do know enough to recognize a heap of steaming crap when it´s right in front of us."
--Su-tehp, while posting on the DatDB internal forum

"The meaning of life is that in the end you always get screwed."
--The Catch 42 Expression, The Lost Fleet: Beyond the Frontier: Steadfast

Offline 0rph3u5

There are a number of "paint schemes" for SAR:
- Red on Yellow
- Red on White
- White on Orange
- White on Red
- Orange on White (or any base colour really)
- Orange/Yellow
- Blue and Red on White

There is usually a depends on what kind of SAR, on land or at sea, and to provide a meaningful contrast to the surroudings, as persons to be rescued must easily recognize the SAR airplane/watercraft from a distance.
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

Offline Iain Baker

• 'Sup?
    • Steam
    • Twitter
    • NOMAD's Reviews
"Boxy but good."  :nod: :nod: :nod: :yes: :yes: :yes:
Wanna check out my video games, technology and media website? If so, visit; https://www.nomadsreviews.co.uk/

Interested in hiring my freelance writing, proof-reading, editing, SEO, TTSO, Web Development or Social Media Management services? If so, please messege me at [email protected]

Offline Su-tehp

• Devil in the Deep Blue
"Boxy but good."  :nod: :nod: :nod: :yes: :yes: :yes:

Nice, a reference to Crazy People. I salute you, sir. (And is it me, but does Paul Reiser just not sound at all like he does in Mad About You and Aliens? Maybe it's the affected Noo Yauk accent....)

Creator of the Devil and the Deep Blue campaign - Current Story Editor of the Exile campaign

"Let my people handle this, we're trained professionals. Well, we're semi-trained, quasi-professionals, at any rate." --Roy Greenhilt,
The Order of the Stick

"Let´s face it, we Freespace players may not be the most sophisticated of gaming freaks, but we do know enough to recognize a heap of steaming crap when it´s right in front of us."

Offline Axem

The SAR colors were inspired by the Canadian Air Force's SAR plane colors.

http://snagfilms-a.akamaihd.net/fe/94/fde096274757a393b8c9ddab50e3/635689303671071167-dfn-canada-buffalojpg

When looking up colors to use, I did see white and orange being used, but predominantly white is already being used on the medical version. Also when I release, I'll have turret-less variants for the Medical and SAR ones, I'm thinking having those types of ships armed is violating BETAC...

Offline Su-tehp

• Devil in the Deep Blue
Also when I release, I'll have turret-less variants for the Medical and SAR ones, I'm thinking having those types of ships armed is violating BETAC...

Eh, that's not an unreasonable idea on its face, but considering that these ships are expected to enter active combat areas as a matter of course, it's probably not practical to take away any defensive capabilities these lightly armed ships already have. Deliberately targeting civilians is not nearly the same thing as being armed for self-defense when rescuing them.

The Order of the Stick

Offline Axem

I mean you can swap textures however you like if you want to go that route. I'll just make available an alternate model if someone needs a turret-less variant for humanitarian or civilian uses.

Offline DefCynodont119

• Ascended GTSC-Faustus Artist
    • Steam
Love it.
My gift from Freespace to Cities Skylines:  http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=639891299

This is awesome... mjn the ultimate influencer!

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
I wonder if this will make it into the Hallfight cutscene.
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

Offline 0rph3u5

I mean you can swap textures however you like if you want to go that route. I'll just make available an alternate model if someone needs a turret-less variant for humanitarian or civilian uses.

uhm... isn't it possible to achieve that with the ship-subsys-vanish SEXP? - Never used it but the description reads like that's the application its there for ("Note: Useful for replacing subsystems with actual docked models.")

==================

Offline Axem

I mean, sure. But I figure I can help save some clicks here and there. You're free to just pretend the unarmed model doesn't exist.

Anyway here's a download for you early release players!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1_EbenT8w_2G-1onq5fIMWfh1E3j8LHyQ/view?usp=sharing

Also included are 3 reskins, Medical, SAR and SOC. The reskin folder only have the changed files included, so you can just texture replace those two textures. If you're intending to make them their own models and ship entries, you'll need to copy and rename the AO, Glow and Normal maps. If anyone has any simple reskin requests, I can probably fill them. Just keep in mind the model is mirrored, so no text, and nothing complicated along the top or bottom.

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
Just one concern, that I noticed to start with.  There are lights on the engine ports.  When the engines are destroyed, the engines should be completely dark, so those little lights shouldn't be there.
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

Offline Axem

Grump... you are right. Guess I'll just have to remove them then. :( (I really liked those glows)

Offline DefCynodont119

• Ascended GTSC-Faustus Artist
    • Steam
Grump... you are right. Guess I'll just have to remove them then. :( (I really liked those glows)

Can't they be coded to turn off when the engines do? or is that not a thing?
My gift from Freespace to Cities Skylines:  http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=639891299

Cool~

*grabs copy*

Can't they be coded to turn off when the engines do? or is that not a thing?

That would only work if all other points on the glowmap would be turned into glowpoints so you can turn them off seperate. Removing the glowmaps from the thrusters is probably the easier way.