Author Topic: BTA Mefistofele Crash  (Read 1112 times)

Offline unsrm

BTA Mefistofele Crash
Hi Guys,

FSO 20 keeps crashing on the 2nd mission of Mefistofele (the one in the asteroid/debris field). The exe stops responding at warp out time, I have tried to complete 3 times and it crashes in the same place. I can warp out at the beginning of mission (thus failing) just not the end.

The only thing the debugger says at all is

Warning: Path '$path01' in model Ma'at.pof has a name that is not unique!
File: modelread.cpp
Line: 2281

Any ideas?

Chris

Offline 0rph3u5

• Oceans rise. Empires fall.
Re: BTA Mefistofele Crash
Can you please post the Debug Log from a run on the debug build when it crashes?

If you are running through Knossos, it should be as simple as Options>Upload Debug Log.

The log helps check off a lot of possible error sources, such as dependency conflicts.
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

"...because they are not Dragons."

Offline unsrm

Here it is, its not 'end of mission' but the intrasystem jump.

https://fsnebula.org/log/5ef7a28acb0d3321b2c986ac

Offline mjn.mixael

• Cutscene Master
  • Chopped liver
    • Steam
    • Twitter
This is an odd suggestion as I hadn't had much time to look into this yet...

I would suggest actually using an older nightly from March 8, 2020 or maybe slightly later. There's been a lot of sexp changes to the FSO codebase recently and I would not be surprised if those are causing CTDs.
Cutscene Upgrade Project - Mainhall Remakes - Between the Ashes
Youtube Channel - P3D Model Box
Between the Ashes is looking for committed testers, PM me for details.
Freespace Upgrade Project See what's happening.

Offline unsrm

That was my thought, I tried to go back to 19 in Knossos but couldn't make it work. Could you walk me through it please? Knossos has updated it BTA to 20 automatically even though 19 is still there for other mods

Offline mjn.mixael

• Cutscene Master
  • Chopped liver
    • Steam
    • Twitter
As I recall, BtA needs features that are in Nightly builds after March 8. So in Knossos Settings make sure you have selected to show FSO builds in the modlist. Then go to the Explore tab and find FSO. Click Details. In the top left will be a version number.. dropdown until you find March 8 nightly and click it. Then click install. Run BtA with that build.

Offline unsrm

Replayed mission 2 in Tech Room, works brilliantly with FSO from 1st April 2020. Is there an ending cutscene that I missed or anything?
« Last Edit: June 29, 2020, 01:02:28 pm by unsrm »

Offline mjn.mixael

• Cutscene Master
  • Chopped liver
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Well good to know I definitely need to hunt down a new CTD. The ending cutscene that is played is the same cutscene played near the beginning of Slaves of Chaos. If you go to the cutscenes area of the Tech Room and press Ctrl-Shift-S and watch The Offer, that's the scene you would have seen.

Offline unsrm

FYI the 20 executable also broke a mission in 'Fall of Epsilon Pegasi' and 'What If: Another Great War'

Chris

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
This crash is fixed in the latest nightly build.

Do the 'Fall' and 'What If' missions crash in the same way?