Author Topic: Arrival Cue Bug In New Builds  (Read 1538 times)

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
Arrival Cue Bug In New Builds
So I was recently attempting to replay the Port to test out the new APNG CB animations, but I got stalled on "A Small and Deadly Space", because the Orff wasn't arriving to allow mission end conditions.  I assumed that I'd broke something with my many different mod directories.  Then I was replaying my own "FS-Augmented" but I couldn't get past the first mission, because certain wings weren't arriving.  After loading it up in FRED I noticed that the arrival cue of that wing corresponded to the destruction of a specific ship from another wing.  I'd also noticed that another wing that usually arrives before you've finished destroying the first wing, wasn't arriving for some time afterwards.  The arrival conditions for that wing was either a certain amount of time, or a certain time after either the first or second ship in the first wing.  It then put me in mind of the Orff bug, for which the arrival cue was based on the destruction of a specific ship from a wing.

I maintain a number of older builds on my drive, so I stated going through them to see how far back the bug occurred.  It seems that any build newer than June 10th is affected by this.  It seems that if a specific ship from a wing is referenced in an arrival cue (and possibly other situations), than that condition will always come back false.  There may be more to this bug, but that's the symptom I've noticed.
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

Offline mjn.mixael

• Cutscene Master
  • Chopped liver
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Re: Arrival Cue Bug In New Builds
I was recently unable to get a ship to depart using is-event-true-delay... I guess I should look a little deeper.
Cutscene Upgrade Project - Mainhall Remakes - Between the Ashes
Youtube Channel - P3D Model Box
Between the Ashes is looking for committed testers, PM me for details.
Freespace Upgrade Project See what's happening.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
The arrival cue bugs should already be fixed:
https://github.com/scp-fs2open/fs2open.github.com/pull/2528

Try the latest nightly.

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
I just tested both the June 30th and July 1st builds and this is still a problem.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Okay, I will take a look.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
I figured out the wing wave bug:
https://github.com/scp-fs2open/fs2open.github.com/pull/2538

If the is-event-true-delay bug still exists, though, it probably isn't affected by this fix.

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
I can confirm that the July 3rd build doesn't suffer from this problem.  It appears that the bug has been exterminated.  Thanks.

Not sure if it is related to this, but with the 20.X builds (including 20.1.0-20200706) the Iceni will not depart in "Endgame" it just waits at the jump node. wiht 19.0 I could complete the mission.

if not, should I open a bug report?

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
I'll take a look.  I'm pretty sure I know which sexp might be the culprit.

It's always a good idea to open a bug report, but since I've seen this thread it's not necessary in this case.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions

Great, confirmed on my side