Author Topic: How do i view a ship model UEF Uriel for a screnshot?  (Read 932 times)

How do i view a ship model UEF Uriel for a screnshot?
Hi,

I'd like to make a FS2 insignia featuring the uEF uriel fighter model.  Is there a way for me to run an app to view it in my windows computer so i can position it nicely and grab a nice screenshot?

I'm guessing i'd need to do the following:

Option A:

(1) Install FS2 open + Blue Planet + Age of Aquarius (AOA) etc;
(2) Run FS2 open,
(3) Go to ship manager, find the uriel
(4) somehow setmy computer on RECORD mode while i rotate the ship in FS2
(5) later pause the video and grab the screenshot.

Option B:

(1) Install FS2 open + Blue Planet + Age of Aquarius (AOA) etc;
(2) Install and run some cool "APP"
(3) Use the cool "APP" to open the uriel model somewhere in the install directory
(4) Rotate the model and screenshot it

Any advice would be appreciated! Thanks!

Offline 0rph3u5

• Oceans rise. Empires fall.
Re: How do i view a ship model UEF Uriel for a screnshot?
If you press F3 while on the Mainhall Screen (the one right after logging in your pilot) you get to the Ship Lab Screen, which allows you to view any ship that is in the current mod. There you can also play with most (all?) graphics options the engine has to offer.
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

"...because they are not Dragons."

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
It's way simpler than you imagine.

Install Blue Planet using knossos. Run it. Once you're in the main menu, press F3; this will take you to the ship lab. In the top left corner, you will find a button labelled "Ship Classes". Click it to open a ship list, navigate to the ship you want, rotate it in position, and press F12 to take a screenshot. FSO will place that screenshot at
Code: [Select]
%APPDATA%\HardLightProductions\FreeSpaceOpen\screenshots
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Thanks guys! Can't believe i didnt do this sooner!

Offline Mito [PL]

• Proud Member of Slavicus Mechanicus
You might be also interested in a thing called Screencap Script. It basically lets you stop the ingame time and freely float around to find some real good action shot opportunities. It also lets you hide the HUD for the bestest screenshot experience.

What can it do? Well, there's a "Celebration of Freespace" pinned thread in the forum and I'm too lazy to link it. :P
How do you kill a hydra?

You starve it to death.