Author Topic: Release - Starfury Cockpit Mod  (Read 3221 times)

Offline wesp5

Re: Release - Starfury Cockpit Mod
I saw your posting too late. Anyway this cockpit does look fantastic too :)! Now the alien ships should be next ;)...

I don't know of any reference shots for the cockpits of other fighters.  I recall a couple of scenes in a Frazi but not that showed any displays.  There might have been some in a Minbari Nial from the Ranger episode I can't recall the name of now.  When Lenier was training.

That said, it's not impossible but it will depend on what I can come up with.

Offline wesp5

There was a Frazi cockpit shown when G'Kar flew one himself. Also there should be cockpit scenes in a Nial when Lenier was following a Centauri ambush in season 5 (which doesn't really exist ;). Otherwise you could just make something up following the outside geometry :)!

Offline wookieejedi

• Intensify Forward Firepower
Very nice pass at adding a cockpit in. Diaspora's got a great looking HUD indeed. Glad to see my custom wingmen gauge is getting some more use.

Yea that's a nice touch :)

Offline wesp5

So I have played a bit with the Thunderbold cockpit now and I don't really like it. It's blocking too much of the view and the real radar being in the middle of three different colored fake displayes is very confusing. Can you please try to move the whole middle console down so that the lower two orange displays are outside the screen and the top one aligns with the actual radar? This works much better in your Starfury cockpit...

I was messing with that very idea last night.  My initial impression was that it seems to make your head "too high" in the cockpit.  I'll mess with it some more though.

Based on testing and feedback, I've altered the viewpoint in the Thunderbolt cockpit.  I think this works MUCH better.  And you have the added advantage of seeing more details of the cockpit that you couldn't see before.  The head position still looks ok relative to the seat, but more importantly, the field of view is less obstructed by the console and frame.

*Minor revision*  I adjusted the head rest up and back a bit to line up with the new point of view and removed the "wings" on it to facilitate a better view out the sides.  I think seeing both engine nacelles is pretty cool when you look left or right.

The links in the first post have been updated.  The only changed file was the  EAM_TBolt_CP.pof.

Thanks,

Screens:

[attachment deleted to save space]
« Last Edit: August 25, 2020, 07:52:08 pm by Nightstorm »

Offline wesp5

Wow, this looks perfect now! I'm for including these two cockpits into the core TBP mod and updating the version number. Any other cockpits that may come later are not as important, I can only think of a handful of missions where you fly a Narn or Minbari figher and none with a Centauri fighter at all...

Wow, this looks perfect now! I'm for including these two cockpits into the core TBP mod and updating the version number. Any other cockpits that may come later are not as important, I can only think of a handful of missions where you fly a Narn or Minbari figher and none with a Centauri fighter at all...

Thanks, I'm pretty happy with how it came out.  I'm making minor tweaks on the animated version of the TBolt pit.  I have no objection to these being included in the mod.

Offline den5

Does anyone have this issue when external view is enabled ? Its disappears if you disable Light Shafts in post_processing or wxlauncher. And same issue for starfury cockpit also.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: August 28, 2020, 10:15:15 pm by den5 »

I believe that's the real-time shadows feature in the latest engine.

Offline den5

Hopefully this will be fixed in the future. Otherwise it will be looks weird for cutscenes.