Author Topic: [Release (0.3)] NTP - A Multi-Language Translation Library Interface  (Read 2089 times)

Offline Novachen

• The one and only capella supernova
    • Twitter
Re: [DEMO Release (0.2.1)] NTP - A Multi-Language Translation Library Interface
I have finished the main development for Version 0.3 yesterday. This means, that Act 2 is done.

German Translation is also finished. And Achille got the strings, so that the french translation is ready to use right at 0.3's release.

Now i am working on the integration of the spanish and japanese translation for the act 2 missions.

I decided to include the timeline from the german translation that is used in Command Briefings into the untranslated missions aswell. It really does not matter much as the normal variant is still available via MVPs.
Female FreeSpace 2 pilot since 1999.
Former Global moderator in the German FreeSpace Galaxy Forum.

Is one of my releases broken or not working? Please send a PM here, on Discord at Novachen#2334 or on Twitter @NovachenFS2, a public tweet or write a reply in my own release threads here on HLP, because these are the only threads i am still participating in.

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
  • Porto l'azzurro Dolce Stil Novo nella fantascienza
    • The Lightblue Ribbon | Cultural Project
Nice work! Don't forget to pimp this on German and French websites.  :yes:
The Lightblue Ribbon

Inferno: Nostos - Alliance
Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)
FreeSpace Campaign Restoration Project
A tribute to FreeSpace in my book: Riflessioni dall'Infinito
My interviews: [ 1 ] - [ 2 ] - [ 3 ]

Offline Novachen

• Twitter
Nice work! Don't forget to pimp this on German and French websites.  :yes:

Well, as this one is still WIP i post only some status reports on a german freespace forum, which is dormant apart my activity, Twitter and some Discords. Releases are at least features on a ModDB page.

Maybe after 1.0 is finished i try it again to get a news article on some german gaming sites like i got for the now-infamous Between the Ashes translation aswell the Silent Threat: Reborn one back then.

But right now, the FS2 NTP is only 36% complete. There is still much work to do.
Even i am looking forward that i can release any version after 0.4 much faster, as i am finished with the integration of the japanese translation then.
This one slows me down as it is hard to adapt and to correct the formatting of a language you absolutely have no feel for.

Is one of my releases broken or not working? Please send a PM here, on Discord at Novachen#2334 or on Twitter @NovachenFS2, a public tweet or write a reply in my own release threads here on HLP, because these are the only threads i am still participating in.

Offline Novachen

• Twitter
Re: [Release (0.3)] NTP - A Multi-Language Translation Library Interface
UPDATE
Can present Version 0.3. Which includes so far all languages from 0.2.1.

CHANGELOG:
- The player is now addressed by its rank where it fits.
- Some formatting and spell fixes.
- Added the whole second Act of the FreeSpace 2 Main Campaign. (Also known as FreeSpace 2: Endgame)
- Added the Subtitle files for the two Act 2 Cutscenes.
- Date & Location Information from the original german translation are present by default now. So the campaign in this version begins now at 11th May 2367 terran calendar and ends at 6th Epip 7859 vasudan calendar.

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
  • Porto l'azzurro Dolce Stil Novo nella fantascienza
    • The Lightblue Ribbon | Cultural Project
You should definitely get in touch with a lurking community member who has done something similar for another language. I'm redirecting him to this thread, and who knows, maybe I can finally convince him to create a HLP account.  :)
The Lightblue Ribbon

Inferno: Nostos - Alliance
Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)
FreeSpace Campaign Restoration Project
A tribute to FreeSpace in my book: Riflessioni dall'Infinito
My interviews: [ 1 ] - [ 2 ] - [ 3 ]

Offline Novachen

• Twitter
A HLP account is not necessary as i have also Twitter or Discord :D I also have still an active ICQ account ^^.

Well, in the depths of the web i found something about a Portugese Translation, but well, all research about it yield nothing. So i assume it was never released.

There exist an italian FSPort translation, but did not find nothing about a FS2 one. The same is with Polish which was even released officially for The Great War & Silent Threat... but nothing for FS2 as it seems. So both languages are not covered right now, as i am still in FS2.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2020, 06:53:45 am by Novachen »

Hi Novachen,

I have the Italian version (text and voice) of these mods:

AftermathReboot-1.0.0
Babylon-3.6.2
battlestar_galactica
blueplanetcomplete-1.0.6
BtRL-1.0.0
revenge-1.1.0-BETA8
Silent_Threat_Reborn_1.4.2
Solaris-1.0.15
Wing_Commander_Saga

and the all original missions.

I have used syntheic voices and part of work is a semi-automatic translation that need a bit revision.

Can be usufull ?

Offline Novachen

• Twitter
That is quite an impressive list   :shaking:
Especially because most of the campaigns are long as hell.

I hope NTP will cover all of them someday. But i am not a dreamer, it will take years to that.

I sent you a PM :). Would like that you create an italian translation with the developer package yourself. As this would make things much easier for me.
I am interested in all of it, however. Even for the case, if you are not available anymore. Then i can work on the translations myself just in case.

Hi Novachen,

First of all happy new year !! with a bit af delay sorry ....

About your last post I don't understant what you mean developer package.

However just to inform it this work was done by a software created by me in C#, that automatically do all (translate text and voice).

After this I have done a random review of part of work to fix manually the errors.

But becouse now the amazon TTS (Text-to-Speech) service was expired I can't work on voice.

Have a nice day !

Marco

« Last Edit: January 10, 2021, 09:39:04 am by marco111 »