Part I Compilation (7 In-Flight, 7 Briefing, 5 Mainhall)
As promised a while ago, I've begun work on some original music to be used generally by the community. Anyone will be welcome to use these tracks as they become available. Because I have had success with this method in the past, I will be writing music, at least initially, based on the ships of the base games. I will keep my progress up to date in this post.An important note: if you hear a track that is close to something you would use, but needs some small tweaking, let me know. Once I am done the overall project I can try and make modified versions to fit specific needs.
A few notes on my method, which will hopefully result in a good range of styles/moods:
- Terran, Vasudan, and Shivan tracks will have distinct styles in addition to an electronic sci-fi component. (Militaristic, ethereal, metal/horror respectively)
- FS1 ships will result in more vintage synthesizer sounds and synthesized instruments; FS2 ships will result in modern synthesizer sounds and real instruments.
- In-flight tracks will be based on groups of small craft (interceptors, space superiority, assault fighters, light bombers, heavy bombers). I find it helpful to write a single track first and split later, so I will provide a "master" version of each of these as well. Where possible, I will try and make a set of 3 ambience tracks for FS1 style soundtracks, along with a 4th ambience track for FS2 style soundtracks.
- I will release each in-flight as a separate .7z file for now, which will include all of the soundtrack files as .ogg (usually 9 per set) and
a .tbm two .tbms filled with the right names and values, one for FS1-style soundtracks and one for FS2-style soundtracks (both using the FS2 standard auxiliary tracks for victory, death, etc.). Once I get more finished, I might group them one way or another. The “Master” track, in .mp3, will be posted via a separate link.
- Briefings will be based on cruisers, corvettes and possibly some other miscellaneous craft.
- Mainhalls will be based on destroyers (and those two juggernauts).
Having this structure will help me stay motivated, since I like to think about the big picture of things. But obviously I will take artistic liberties as needed. Yes, it's a bit weird, but it works so what can I say? I don't know if I'll get through everything on my list, but I will pick at it when I get a chance.
Sidenote: this music (just like all of my stuff lately) will be released under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike. Meaning that you can use them freely even outside Freespace-related things, as long as you give me credit and share any derivatives of the music
under the same license.Audius Playlist
Progress (None/Started/Done Master/Released; Part 1 in yellow
, Part 2 in purple
In-flight:Terran scouts/interceptors: Released
) ("On the Wings of Triumph")
Terran space superiority: NoneTerran assault/heavy fighters: Released
) ("Fury of the Gods")
Terran light bombers: NoneTerran heavy bombers: Released
) ("Grizzled Thunder")
Vasudan scouts/interceptors: NoneVasudan space superiority: Released
) ("Writing on the Wall")
Vasudan assault/heavy fighters: None
Vasudan light bombers: NoneVasudan heavy bombers: Released
) ("Dying Sky")Shivan scouts/interceptors: Released
) ("Sting of the Fallen")Shivan space superiority: Released
) ("Twice Burned")Shivan space superiority - high-energy remix: Released ("Twice Burned (Killer Dragon Remix)")
Shivan assault/heavy fighters: NoneShivan light bombers: Released
) ("Serpent's Kiss")
Shivan heavy bombers: None
GTC Fenris: None
GTC Leviathan: NoneGTC Aeolus: Released ("Headwinds")GTCv Deimos: Released ("Anxious Encounter")GTI Ganymede: Released ("Attendant to the Divine")
(NTF Iceni a possibility here)GVC Aten: Released ("Drops of Sunlight")GVC Mentu: Released ("The Emerging Bull")
GVCv Sobek: NoneSC Cain: Released ("Bloodshed")SC Lilith: Released ("Contagion")
SC Rakshasa: None
SCv Moloch: None
Mainhalls:GTD Orion: Released ("The Great Hunt")
GTD Hecate: NoneGTD Hades: Released ("Out of the Darkness")
GTVA Colossus: None
(NTF Iceni a possibility here)
GVD Typhon: NoneGVD Hatshepsut: Released ("The New Pharaohs")
SD Demon: NoneSD Lucifer: Released ("The Bringer of Death")SD Ravana: Released ("Roar of the Destroyer")
SJ Sathanas: None