Author Topic: Schmoo  (Read 26555 times)

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Offline c914

• www.scfi.pl
It's very good start:nod:

Is that the Faustus? It's very, very good :yes:
Carpe Diem Poste Crastinus

"When life gives you lemons...
Blind people with them..."

"Yah, dude, penises rock." Turambar

FUKOOOOV!

Offline Col. Fishguts

• voodoo doll
Nice :yes:  keep it up
"I don't think that people accept the fact that life doesn't make sense. I think it makes people terribly uncomfortable. It seems like religion and myth were invented against that, trying to make sense out of it." - D. Lynch

Visit The Babylon Project, now also with HTL flavour  ¦ GTB Rhea

Offline Striker

Looks like a shivan cargo container (the one that goes on the asmodeus) after something crashed into the bottom and bent it....or the front of a Faustus.
...lurk

Offline Col. Fishguts

• voodoo doll
It's pretty obvious that it IS in fact the Faustus. The round thingy on the side is in the [V] texture.
"I don't think that people accept the fact that life doesn't make sense. I think it makes people terribly uncomfortable. It seems like religion and myth were invented against that, trying to make sense out of it." - D. Lynch

Visit The Babylon Project, now also with HTL flavour  ¦ GTB Rhea

Offline Nuke

• Ka-Boom!
  • Mutants Worship Me
might look cool if wou did some alpha effects on the solar array. but then theres that problem with the subobjects rendering first.
I can no longer sit back and allow communist infiltration, communist indoctrination, communist subversion, and the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.

Nuke's Scripting SVN

Offline Lightspeed

• Light Years Ahead
Not a bad start :)
Modern man is the missing link between ape and human being.

Offline DaBrain

• Screensniper
    • Shadows of Lylat board
That's what I call a start. ;)

:yes:
--------------------------------------------------
SoL is looking for a sound effect artist
Please PM me in case you want to apply
---------------------------------
Shadows of Lylat - A Freespace 2 total conversion
(hosted by Game-Warden)
----------------------------------

Offline Carl

• Render artist
    • http://www.3dap.com/hlp/
Originally posted by c914
It's very good start:nod:

Indeed :nod:

...what the heck is it?
"Gunnery control, fry that ****er!" - nuclear1

It's the Front section of the Faustus.
Carpe Diem Poste Crastinus

"When life gives you lemons...
Blind people with them..."

"Yah, dude, penises rock." Turambar

FUKOOOOV!

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
Are you gonna make a little more of an indentation for the so-called docking bay?
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
Originally posted by Trivial Psychic
Are you gonna make a little more of an indentation for the so-called docking bay?

ooh, I totally forgot about that. Let me find it.
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Offline Striker

Isn't the docking station that little round thing you already have?
...lurk

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
Originally posted by Striker
Isn't the docking station that little round thing you already have?

Those are the docking ports, where ships like transports will actually dock to.  The docking bay is basically a fighterbay, located at the rear ventral of the forward segment.  It isn't used in any [V] campaigns, and considering the small size of the Faustus, most would rather pretend that its not there, but that would shut it out for any campaign that intends to use that bay.
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

Offline Striker

wow Faustus? docking BAY? makes no sense to me but ok
...lurk

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
It's used in FS1, when the Shivans first appear. The crippled GTSC Plato launches escape pods that jump out at the node. That's all they're good for, but it's still very useful sometimes.

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
Edit: Galemp beat me to it.

So far, very nice.

Could also be useful for a special-ops sort of campaign, rather like how in Wing Commander II's special ops campaigns you were often flying from a freighter with your fighter lashed onto the side.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline Grimloq

• Backslash enthusiast
i always thought that little 'fighterbay' thing was a little bay where they could launch probes out of... or escape pods :)
A alphabetically be in organised sentences should words.

Offline StratComm

• The POFressor
  • Cameron Crazy
    • http://www.geocities.com/cek_83/index.html
That's precisely what it is, but it still needs to be there because the game doesn't differentiate between an EP and a fighter.  Whether or not it gets modeled in is another matter, but I'm of the opinion that any detail is good detail.
who needs a signature? ;)
It's not much of an excuse for a website, but my stuff can be found here

"Holding the last thread on a page comes with an inherent danger, especially when you are edit-happy with your posts.  For you can easily continue editing in points without ever noticing that someone else could have refuted them." ~Me, on my posting behavior

Last edited by StratComm on 08-23-2027 at 08:34 PM