Author Topic: UPDATE 4/01/16 Everest Battleship 95% WORKING  (Read 17440 times)

Offline starbug

• DarkSide Animations
UPDATE 4/01/16 Everest Battleship 95% WORKING
UPDATE 30 July: Sorry for the lack of updates on the Everest battleship, been busy with work. But i have been working on it slowly, I have completed the model and got the texturing underway. i have even got it working ingame in its current state, Heres a screenie of it with the rest of my Federation Defense fleet.

more updates to come.

Just showing off a work in progress for of the Everest Class Destroyer/Battleship for my Federation mini fleet mod. Design wise i have kept it similar to the others  but is more heavily influenced by the Dauntless cruiser. This ship is all about firepower, a predator. I am happy with the hull and i am working on detailing the vessel. I am really happy with the bridge design for it, also this class of vessel will only a tiny hanger bay as she is all about the firepower and big guns!

« Last Edit: January 04, 2016, 02:06:54 pm by starbug »
http://www.youtube.com/user/AnubisX1

if there is any consistancy with the Shivans, it's their lack of consistancy - -Norbert-

Offline Luis Dias

Re: WIP Federation Everest Class Destroyer/Battleship
:yes: Looks good!

Offline starbug

• DarkSide Animations
Re: UPDATE 30/7 WIP Federation Everest Class Destroyer/Battleship
UPDATE 30/7 see first post

if there is any consistancy with the Shivans, it's their lack of consistancy - -Norbert-

Pretty fleet you have :nod:

Offline Lepanto

• Believes in Truth
Approve. :) This fleetpack should be quite useful, either as GTVA ships or as ships of another Terran faction (in or outside the FS universe.) Are you planning to make some fighters/bombers to go along with them?

One nitpick: the designs look a bit same-y, like they could be more distinctive.
"We have now reached the point where every goon with a grievance, every bitter bigot, merely has to place the prefix, 'I know this is not politically correct, but...' in front of the usual string of insults in order to be not just safe from criticism, but actually a card, a lad, even a hero. Conversely, to talk about poverty and inequality, to draw attention to the reality that discrimination and injustice are still facts of life, is to commit the sin of political correctness. Anti-PC has become the latest cover for creeps. It is a godsend for every curmudgeon and crank, from fascists to the merely smug."
Finian O'Toole, The Irish Times, 5 May 1994

Blue Planet: The Battle Captains: Missions starring the Admirals of BP: WiH
Frontlines 2334+2335: T-V War campaign
GVB Ammit: Vasudan strike bomber
Player-Controlled Capship Modding Tutorial

Offline starbug

• DarkSide Animations
Cheers, will get round to doing the fighters and bombers when i have a design plan for them. As for the ships looking the same, i did that on purpose, in my mind they were all built by the same contractor and i wanted a uniformity to the Federation fleet. I am planning another human faction which there vessel's will be more varied in design.

Very Terran-looking to me and overall really good design, Starbug. I look forward to see it completed, also curious about the other human faction - I can see a lot of potential with new assets like these.
I'm all about getting the most out of games, so whenever I discover something very strange or push the limits, I upload them here:

http://www.youtube.com/user/JCDentonCZ

-----------------

"Do you begin to see, then, what kind of world we are creating? It is the exact opposite of the stupid hedonistic Utopias that the old reformers imagined. A world of fear and treachery and torment, a world of trampling and being trampled upon, a world which will grow not less but more merciless as it refines itself. Progress in our world will be progress to more pain."
- George Orwell

Offline majorvader111

• Don't Puckle With Shuckles
hows this going for u starbug?
STRAYA... Home of Death, Trash Internet & The Police State Downunder.

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
 :bump:
Any news? :) Would love a Steve-O style battleship.

Offline starbug

• DarkSide Animations
Sorry for lack of updates, on this but i have recently been away on a pretty much a 4 week holiday to australia, which was awesome. As for the ship i have a working pof with a number of bugs which i am trying to figure out, but struggling.

1. the ship works but for some reason it takes a long time for a mission to load with it in to the point were you thinking the game has crashed.
2. the anti capital ship mutli-barreled turrets will not fire properly. I have the firing points setup ok in PSC2 but when ingame the turret will fire 3 shots at once from the center barrel and will not cycle through the fire points, like other multibarreled turrets do.

Can anyone help me with these problems?

TEST VERSION TBL features weapons from FS2 and Blueplanet 2 for testing, its not balanced
https://www.mediafire.com/?qpw6pqknd255s1j

Offline T-Man

• I came... I saw... I had a cuppa!
Re: UPDATE 21/10 WIP Fed Everest Battleship REQUESTING HELP PLEASE
Do you recall the numbers of the turrets you want the anti-capship weapons on (is it the large ones, 1-10 that have the Mass Drivers)?

I just had a look and the ones that have 'salvo mode' flags appear to be turrets with just one fire-point (25-33). At the moment all those large turrets have mass drivers but they don't have the 'salvo mode' or 'use multiple guns' flag.

Regardless though, she's looking a beaut' must say :yes:.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2015, 04:39:25 am by T-Man »
Also goes by 'Murasaki-Tatsu' outside of Hard-Light

UEF fanboy. Rabid Imagination.

Offline starbug

• DarkSide Animations
Yeah its the large 2 front beam cannons (1-2), 3 barreled turrets(3-10), then the torpedo launchers(11 - 24) are the anti-capitol turrets, the rest are just point defense and standard turrets. Is that the reason they won't fire properly because i forgot the salvo flag on them?? Also for the long loading issue is that the texture size? As they are mostly 2048 textures?

Offline T-Man

• I came... I saw... I had a cuppa!
Sorry for delay replying. Likely yes; you will want to use one of those flags on any turret you want using many guns.

If you want all three guns firing at the same time, then just adding the 'salvo mode' to what you have will do it (it'll take the turret's one weapon and assume every fire-point of the turret as that weapon mounted).

If you want them firing separately however you'll likely want to use one of two methods (depending on how you want it to behave);

You can have multiple weapons in the entry (entered in the brackets with a space between each of them) and then add two flags, "use multiple guns" (which tells the turret to use all the weapons in it's entry; standard turrets will only use the first weapon AFAIK) then "fixed firing points" (this tells the system to lock each weapon to a specific fire point; weapon 1 will only ever use point 1, weapon 2 point 2, etc). The weapons would fire at their own speed, so it'd be like several independent guns on one turret. You'll likely want as many weapons as there are barrels in this case (so three mass drivers, for example).

Another option is a bit more fiddly to enter, but allows you to have the turret steadily cycling through the guns so it can fire the weapon faster than it's normal ROF rate (as if the gunners were firing one, then another while waiting for the first to reload, and so on). For that you have just one weapon entry, put in the "use multiple guns" (which tells it to cycle through the firing points when it's firing), and then add an "$ROF:" tag to the turret with the "+Use firingpoints" tag, which tells it to multiply the ROF by the number of barrels.

If you go with that second option, the $ROF tags go AFAIK just before the "$flags" tag, the '+use firingpoints' below '$ROF' (the system is a bit strict about how things should be ordered), so the turret entry should end up looking something like this;
Code: [Select]
$Subsystem: Turret03, 4.0, 3.0
    $Default PBanks: ( "Mass Driver#karuna" )
    $ROF:
    +Use firingpoints
    $Flags: ( "check hull" "use multiple guns" )

As for the mission loading and the texture, I'm not entirely up to speed on that I'm afraid but it is possible (I recall having similar long load times with the Erebus, which also uses large textures). Might just be a downside to quality models; The high-poly Typhon is infamous for that too apparently. Normally such long load times is only the first few loads; after that it's in cache and so should go a bit faster hopefully.

Hope that helps. Really looking forward to this as it's a cool looking ship. Nice turret placement too :).
« Last Edit: October 21, 2015, 08:43:58 am by T-Man »
Also goes by 'Murasaki-Tatsu' outside of Hard-Light

UEF fanboy. Rabid Imagination.

Offline niffiwan

• Eluder Class
Just a note, since around 2015/05/06 the code that generates the model's index buffers has been greatly sped up, so much in fact that there's not much benefit from the IBX cache files.  As a result these have been removed from FSO.  So if you're getting slow load times on 3.7.2 that expected.  However I wouldn't expect it to be slow on a nightly from around May onwards (unless you're running DEBUG of course)
Creating a fs2_open.log | Red Alert Bug = Hex Edit | MediaVPs 2014: Bigger HUD gauges | 32bit libs for 64bit Ubuntu
----
Debian Packages (testing/unstable): Freespace2 | wxLauncher
----
m|m: I think I'm suffering from Stockholm syndrome. Bmpman is starting to make sense and it's actually written reasonably well...

Offline majorvader111

• Don't Puckle With Shuckles
holy 162k polys batman
STRAYA... Home of Death, Trash Internet & The Police State Downunder.

Offline starbug

• DarkSide Animations
Ahh cheers Niffiwan, I think it is the 3.7.2 build i am using at the moment. Thanks as well T-man, will redo the turret flags and see if that works :)

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
Did it work? :) It's been a while since we heard from you. I'd love to see it finished.

Offline starbug

• DarkSide Animations
to be honest i haven't had much chance to work on it, This time of year is extremely busy for me as i am working an almost 70 hour week. Also i want to change the large turrets, as i don't think they fit. So after Xmas when my job settles down i should be able to get back on track with this guy

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
  • My "FS Ships" folder is 582gb.
    • Minecraft
    • Exile

Any updates? I love your ships and I'm gonna use all of them.
Exile | Shadow Genesis | Inferno | Series Resurrecta  | DA Profile | P3D Profile

Proud owner of NyctiShipyards. Remember - Nyx will fix it!

All of my assets including models, textures, skyboxes, effects may be used under standard CC BY-NC 4.0 license.