Author Topic: High Poly GTD Orion  (Read 118765 times)

Offline Alan Bolte

• Deneb III
    • @Compellor
I rather liked the previous version, but this works too. What prompted the change?
Anything worth doing is worth analyzing to death -Iranon

Offline Hades

• FINISHING MODELS IS OVERRATED
  • i wonder when my polycounts will exceed my iq
I was looking the model over and did not like the old armor chunk, the detail on it looked weird, it was flat, and the intake things in the front were were and out of place. The detail I changedo n the places I did simply had three lazy-looking strips on them and I wasn't satisfied with that, either.
[22:29] <sigtau> Hello, #hard-light?  I'm trying to tell a girl she looks really good for someone who doesn't exercise.  How do I word that non-offensively?
[22:29] <RangerKarl|AtWork> "you look like a big tasty muffin"
----
<batwota> wouldn’t that mean that it’s prepared to kiss your ass if you flank it :p
<batwota> wow
<batwota> KILL

Offline Aardwolf

• Minecraft
I was looking the model over and did not like the old armor chunk, the detail on it looked weird, it was flat, and the intake things in the front were were and out of place. The detail I changedo n the places I did simply had three lazy-looking strips on them and I wasn't satisfied with that, either.

This post looks like it got mangled by too many edits, and no final proofreading :p

Offline BritishShivans

• Jolly good supernova
Personally I'm not seeing the change.

Offline Hades

For reference, I'll re-upload a slightly older version of the mesh.

old:

new:

[22:29] <sigtau> Hello, #hard-light?  I'm trying to tell a girl she looks really good for someone who doesn't exercise.  How do I word that non-offensively?
----
<batwota> wouldn’t that mean that it’s prepared to kiss your ass if you flank it :p
<batwota> wow
<batwota> KILL

Offline BritishShivans

• Jolly good supernova
Ah, I see now. Thank you.

Offline Rodo

• Custom tittle
  • stargazer
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
I liked the intakes, too bad they are gone :sigh:
el hombre vicio...

Offline Skarab

My god no intakes?  How's that thing going to breathe in space now?   :eek:

Offline Aardwolf

• Minecraft
Yay for not just using the same p3d url every time. Is there some total filesize quota you're worried about, or... why do people do that?

Offline Hades

Yay for not just using the same p3d url every time. Is there some total filesize quota you're worried about, or... why do people do that?
Filesize. I'm limited to 100 MBs, and the Orion itself uses around 15mb or so I think.
----
<batwota> wow
<batwota> KILL

Offline Alan Bolte

• Deneb III
    • @Compellor
Do you think the new greebling at the nose can be applied in three dimensions around the ventral turret, or does that require a different approach?

Offline Alan Bolte

• Deneb III
    • @Compellor
Goodbye turbofan.
Hello truss depth.

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam
Looking good, only thing I might adjust is upping the size of the radar dishes.  Top hull looks a little lonely with the current ones, I think bigger dishes would really nail that classic silhouette.   

Big clunky dishes add a bit of that CV in space flavor.
“Think lightly of yourself and deeply of the world”

Offline Hades

Yeah, I made them larger. P3D updated.
----
<batwota> wow
<batwota> KILL

Question, I remember seeing three turrets mounted on the top side of the hull, however I only see an obvious position for 2 of them, the one on the front of the nose (Shown) and one near the radar dishes (turret not visible). Was that changed or is that a rendering thing?

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
The duplicate turrets have been removed for uv-mapping purposes. They will be back in the final version.
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Offline DahBlount

• Alpine ☆ Cancer Tribulation
    • Minecraft
So who's the poor bastard that got the job of UV mapping AND texturing this (beautiful) monstrosity?

That would be me. So far I've got a basic metal texture and the main hull will be UV mapped within 2-3 weeks. It would normally be done sooner but I'm back in school so I have less time to put towards it. There are going to be two diffuse maps, one for the hull and one for the turrets, radar dishes, and greebles.

In the mean time, what do you all think of this color scheme for the Orion?

<Axem> yet still more insightful than #hard-light

<Axem> jad2.23 will just be cat videos

<DahBlount> So
<DahBlount> JAD2.2 is like that
<Axem> maybe
<Axem> it can be whatever you like!
<DahBlount> A Chocolate Sundae?
<Axem> sure

My models: GTF Gilgamesh - GTD Nuadha [Redesigning] - Ningirama [WIP] - GTG Zephyrus

Offline BritishShivans

• Jolly good supernova
Needs to be a bit blue-r to be more in line with the original, but it looks nice.

Offline Hades

no, the original texture is kind of a washed out purple/blue sort of color, it's the mvp texture that brightens all of the orion textures up by 200% and makes that texture into light blue

p.s. dahblout poor basterd
« Last Edit: September 05, 2014, 02:32:01 am by Hades »
----
<batwota> wow
<batwota> KILL

Offline Ulala

• Groooove Evening, viewers!
I think the color looks right to me, but would probably need to see her wearing it to know for sure. ;)
I am a revolutionary.