Author Topic: [WIP] Ningirama  (Read 6535 times)

Offline DahBlount

• Alpine ☆ Cancer Tribulation
    • Minecraft
Here is a project I will be working on after I finish the Nuadha.

The Ningirama is going to be a non-canon species ship as I am designing in entirely for a mod I will be working on. For now just give me your thoughts on the sketch and let me know if anything pops out at you.

« Last Edit: November 13, 2013, 03:34:49 pm by DahBlount »
<Axem> yet still more insightful than #hard-light

<Axem> jad2.23 will just be cat videos

<DahBlount> So
<DahBlount> JAD2.2 is like that
<Axem> maybe
<Axem> it can be whatever you like!
<DahBlount> A Chocolate Sundae?
<Axem> sure

My models: GTF Gilgamesh - GTD Nuadha [Redesigning] - Ningirama [WIP] - GTG Zephyrus

Offline Rodo

• Custom tittle
  • stargazer
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
Is it an unregular model, as in not mirrored on any axis?
el hombre vicio...

Asymmetric is the word you want, and that drawing looks like it has the normal left-right symmetry.
The good Christian should beware of mathematicians, and all those who make empty prophecies. The danger already exists that the mathematicians have made a covenant with the devil to darken the spirit and to confine man in the bonds of Hell.

Offline DahBlount

• Minecraft
No guys it will be symmetrical I just didn't finish drawing the right side.  :ick:

I apologize for not specifying that and for my horrid hand writing.

<DahBlount> So
<Axem> maybe
<Axem> sure

My models: GTF Gilgamesh - GTD Nuadha [Redesigning] - Ningirama [WIP] - GTG Zephyrus

Well, I've got a good feeling about it. Has potential to become a quite interesting model... show us more! Is it vasudan for instance?

Offline DahBlount

• Minecraft
Actually no, this ship (along with several other basic concepts in need of finishing) are going to be used in a mod I will eventually get around to making. The species does not have a finalized name yet but I can give you a general description of them if you would like.

<DahBlount> So
<Axem> maybe
<Axem> sure

Offline DahBlount

• Minecraft
Sorry for the really late post. Updated with p3d of final model.

<DahBlount> So
<Axem> maybe
<Axem> sure

Offline fightermedic

• quite a nice guy, no really, i am
the nose is strange
somehow i like it though
>>Fully functional cockpits for Freespace<<
>>Ships created by me<<
Campaigns revised/voice-acted by me:
Lightning Marshal 1-4, The Regulus Campaign, Operation: Savior, Operation: Crucible, Titan Rebellion, Fall of Epsilon Pegasi 1.1Aftermath 2.1,
Pandora's Box 2.2, Deep Blood

Other Campaigns I have participated in:
The Antagonist, Warzone, Phantoms & Echo-Gate

All the stuff I release is free to use or change in any way for everybody who likes to do so; take whatever you need

Offline DahBlount

• Minecraft
The nose gives it character. There aren't many ships I can think of off the top of my head with that kind of nose.
You think it's ready for UV Mapping?

<DahBlount> So
<Axem> maybe
<Axem> sure

maybe you can justify the "chin" under the nose as a sensors pod...
I like the nose, but I think that the engine section is a bit "traditional"... maybe I need to see it mapped. And you should detail the fusolage's "belly" (I don't know if it's the right word in english... o.o) a bit more. Anyway it's a nice piece of job!

Offline DahBlount

• Minecraft
The engines are designed in a traditional sense but they will have a different feeling to them hopefully. If you wish to know, there is no single word used to define the bottom of a ship's fuselage so "belly" or "underside" work equally well.
There is going to be a sort of fin/spike looking object on the bottom that will be defined as navigation most likely.

<DahBlount> So
<Axem> maybe
<Axem> sure

Offline headdie

• i don't use punctuation lol
  • Lawful Neutral with a Chaotic outook
    • Minecraft
    • Headdie on Deviant Art
my main comment sofar would be that the body is very long and slender compared to the engines which gives it a very fragile appearance to me and would lean towards an interceptor rather than superiority.  beyond that there is a lot of promise here and i look forward to seeing it develop
Minister of Interstellar Affairs Sol Union - Retired
quote General Battuta - "FRED is canon!"
Contact me at [email protected]
My Release Thread, Old Release Thread, Celestial Objects Thread, My rubbish attempts at art

looks good, would keep an eye on the engines to make sure they don't just come out looking like a generic perseus-style back end. some creative detailing would probably suffice.
The good Christian should beware of mathematicians, and all those who make empty prophecies. The danger already exists that the mathematicians have made a covenant with the devil to darken the spirit and to confine man in the bonds of Hell.

Offline DahBlount

• Minecraft
Thanks everyone. Tbh this may just become a multi-role or interceptor after all. I have been drawing up concepts and I feel like I have a good start to building a fleet for my mod. Let's hope I can learn something from this and become better.

<DahBlount> So
<Axem> maybe
<Axem> sure