Author Topic: BP: War in Heaven discussion  (Read 915116 times)

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Re: BP: War in Heaven discussion
WELL.

That was ****ing awesome. Balls hard at time, but ****ing awesome. I... wow.

Gimme Act 4/5 already D:

Since I'm away from my BP computer, (MEGA SPOILER QUESTION)
Spoiler:
were you able to properly connect to the nodes in the final mission? You should've gotten fairly lengthy in-engine cutscenes when you did.

Offline Ravenholme

• (d.h.f)
WELL.

Gimme Act 4/5 already D:

Since I'm away from my BP computer, (MEGA SPOILER QUESTION)
Spoiler:
were you able to properly connect to the nodes in the final mission? You should've gotten fairly lengthy in-engine cutscenes when you did.

MORE SPOILERS THAN YOU CAN SHAKE A STICK AT, DO NOT READ UNTIL COMPLETING ACT 3!!!

Spoiler:
The four nodes discussing the Shivans and their nature, before Bei interrupts you and Ken? Yeah, I did, and they were fantastic. I notice that it gels pretty well with theories about them that were tossed around in this very topic some time in our discussion after Act 1 and 2. Ken being Aken and the other NTF captives was also vindicating.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2013, 02:52:50 pm by Ravenholme »
Full Auto - I've got a bullet here with your name on it, and I'm going to keep firing until I find out which one it is.

<The_E>   Several sex-based solutions come to mind
<The_E>   Errr
<The_E>   *sexp

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
don't read that post!

Offline Ravenholme

• (d.h.f)
Yeah, seriously guys, that post is spoiler tagged for a reason!
Full Auto - I've got a bullet here with your name on it, and I'm going to keep firing until I find out which one it is.

<The_E>   Several sex-based solutions come to mind
<The_E>   Errr
<The_E>   *sexp

Offline niffiwan

• Eluder Class
gah - only played the 1st mission & I need more time to finish the campaign so I can read the spoilers! :p

One question has occurred to me though, and I guess I should spoiler it just in case...

Spoiler:
The Greek Cassandra was cursed so that no one would believe her visions of the future.  This CASSANDRA seems to be believed pretty well by the Feedayeen... so does that mean there's not a link between the two, or perhaps CASSANDRA is going to prove somewhat unreliable in future?
Creating a fs2_open.log | Red Alert Bug = Hex Edit | MediaVPs 2014: Bigger HUD gauges | 32bit libs for 64bit Ubuntu
----
Debian Packages (testing/unstable): Freespace2 | wxLauncher
----
m|m: I think I'm suffering from Stockholm syndrome. Bmpman is starting to make sense and it's actually written reasonably well...

Offline TwentyPercentCooler

• Operates at 375 kelvin
I just finished the new WiH release. I have only three words:

Holy ******* ****.

I'm still trying to process all the elements of the story, so I should keep my mouth shut until I have, but I've gotta say that the mission design was just...un-freaking-believeable. I sometimes wonder if any of the original FS2 dev team looks at what's been done with the engine and marvels at it, because I sure as hell do.

Spoiler:
Watching the Vikrant, Toreador, and some Custos gunboats vaporize the Carthage and friends was immensely satisfying. Steele, you son of a whore, you're next.

Offline An4ximandros

• Transabyssal metastatic event
Damn it you guys, I had to stop playing the first mission because my bloody hands were shaking and I kept screwing everything up! :p

I have to say I like what I have seen so far, the Sidhe is awesome. Awesome Intro. Awe, Awe, Awe. Great work.

Also, totally called it:
Spoiler:
LAPORTE/SAMUEL DUEL, No Shivans, No Vishnans, No Feds or Tevs, Final Destination.
Spoiler:
I predict a subversion of the Cassandra myth, the predictions will become more and more erratic as more calculations need to be made.

Offline Nemesis6

• Tongs
All the exe files of the new release hosted on fsmods.net seem to be corrupted... I get the following message: "The setup files are corrupted. Please obtain a new copy of the program."

Offline Useful Dave

• I'm Useful
WELL.

Gimme Act 4/5 already D:

Pretty much in agreement here, I've got to say that the writing felt especially Banks-esque at times, which for me at least was bloody brilliant. The extra 'nexus' addition made for an interesting path with the structuring too, as it lets the player choose just how much exposition they want to receive without having to risk skipping vital mission/setting info in the briefing sections.

I just downloaded BP complete, and... it won't launch. I've attached a debug log.

[attachment deleted by a basterd]

Offline niffiwan

• Eluder Class
I think something's wrong with your mod setup:

Code: [Select]
  -mod blueplanetcomplete\blueplanet2,blueplanet,mediavps_3612

From the next section of the log, nothing is being found in C:\Games\GOG.com\Freespace 2\blueplanet which means that FSO can't find any of the BP:AoA files. Maybe the mod line above should read:

-mod blueplanetcomplete\blueplanet2,blueplanetcomplete\blueplanet,mediavps_3612

Creating a fs2_open.log | Red Alert Bug = Hex Edit | MediaVPs 2014: Bigger HUD gauges | 32bit libs for 64bit Ubuntu
----
----
m|m: I think I'm suffering from Stockholm syndrome. Bmpman is starting to make sense and it's actually written reasonably well...

Strange. I never messed with that. I'll try it and see if it works.

By the way, how in the heck do I change that?

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
knossosfs2, it looks like you pointed the installer at FreeSpace2/blueplanetcomplete. Just point it at FreeSpace2. That's what caused your problem.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
All the exe files of the new release hosted on fsmods.net seem to be corrupted... I get the following message: "The setup files are corrupted. Please obtain a new copy of the program."

Make sure your AVG isn't freaking out about them. That's what has caused this issue for a few other people.

Offline niffiwan

• Eluder Class
It's usually set by the launcher & the mod.ini files.  Before you change anything, perhaps it'd be best to post a copy of these files:

blueplanetcomplete\blueplanet2\mod.ini
blueplanet\mod.ini (if it exists)
blueplanetcomplete\blueplanet\mod.ini (if it exists)

EDIT: scratch this and listen to Battuta instead (since he's on the BP team :D)
----
----

Yeah I just saw that niffiwan, but thanks anyway. Battuta, you just saved the day! I might be back for more help because I know that I'm going to have performance issues...

Offline Leeko

• Computer ketchup
  • Lurking since 2009
Sorry to interrupt the bug-related talk. This started as a stream of consciousness and turned into a full-on review of the whole damn thing so I spoilered the meat of it. Here goes!

Spoiler:
I didn't think the existing release of WiH could be topped. I cheered with joy as my hopes were raised and raised, and then slouched with my jaw agape when they were brutally stomped all over. I was immersed in a setting and its conflict, and I genuinely cared about the characters portrayed within. I even compared it to the emotional weight of Half-Life 2's second episode. But, WOW. My every expectation was exceeded. Those are the best Freespace missions I have ever played, probably - if I may be so bold - the best anyone's ever FREDed. Certainly the most complex. You folks have achieved things with Freespace that :v-old: never dreamed of.

The between-missions hub? Absolutely brilliant. I was instantly floored. It provides tons of exposition in a form that's accessible to those who desire it without being intrusive to those who don't. The moral choices? Okay, the tens of thousands of lives I'm gambling with aren't real, but you made me CARE about them! The tower defense mission felt a little lacking somehow, and it seemed slightly out of place. I was also never able to place repair or EMP turrets, I've no idea why. But it certainly didn't detract from the campaign overall. It was a bit of a weak finish (in terms of combat) though, compared to the death/capture of the Carthage. The Custos was a real pleasure to fly, though I would have liked another mission at its helm. The three non-weapon primaries seemed like interesting concepts but I personally only used the one that makes you tankier, and only once during the battle for the Carthage. Having the versatility of both a shotgun and a sniper rifle was a more attractive option to me than repairs that aren't support ship dependent or extra ammo for secondaries (which I hardly ever use anyway). The new primaries were both fun and added another layer of newness to the gameplay - and this is something I REALLY want to stress.

Tenebra was a superb ride the whole way through because it was constantly new. No two missions repeated the same exact trick, like how in AoA I was like "welp looks like another frantic few minutes of beam disarming and trying to guess where the next bombers are going to warp in" just about every mission. It had an engaging story, but the repetitive missions were a bland framework for it. WiH Acts I-II escaped that very nicely, while still rooted in some traditional Freespace tropes, but was largely an all-around improvement. It got too talky at times, and didn't deliver its walls-of-text story as organically as one might hope, but at the time (before the hub!!) I chalked it up to a limitation of the game, and was thankful that it was delivered more through pre-briefing exposition than in-mission gabbing like AoA. This new act as a whole is such a radical departure from the old Freespace. It felt more like Mass Effect at times. It was surreal, it was exhilarating, it was terrifying and it was DEEP. The story finally got a HUGE payoff with much revelation, turning the entirety of AoA on its freaking head in a 35-minute acid trip from the mouth of hell that I enjoyed every second of. I'd bet someone's played Amnesia...

Oh and the way you guys neatly stitched other mods (Vassago's Dirge, Sync/Trenscend, others perhaps?) into this one's fiction... that gave me a hearty chuckle. You tread the line between cheesy and elegant, good sirs. :p

I hope my gushing feedback is of some use to the team, even if only in moral support.

Spoiler-free TL;DR -
This lone act of a community mod for an almost fourteen-year-old game moved me more than most triple-A titles ever do, and I can't emphasize that enough. There is quality work here produced from love and, I'm sure, immense labor, and it really shows. You jumped the shark and stuck the landing, and I'm giving you a standing ovation for it. :yes:
« Last Edit: January 07, 2013, 08:05:56 pm by Leeko »

Another bug-related question: should new pilot files work across multiple campaigns?
Cause I used mine to play through few missions of AoA and then while playing Tenebra things started going really bad.
Navigating the main menu was becoming slower and slower, and it occasionally crashed the game claiming that, bizarrely, a 'malloc failed'. Now after the Custos mission I simply can't enter the mainhall any more.
Turns out, my bp2-p2.csg file is 363MB big, and I don't suppose it's supposed to be that way :|

Here's the debug log:
==========================================================================
DEBUG SPEW: No debug_filter.cfg found, so only general, error, and warning
categories can be shown and no debug_filter.cfg info will be saved.
==========================================================================
FreeSpace 2 Open version: 3.6.17.9481
Passed cmdline options:
  -post_process
  -shadow_quality 0
  -no_vsync
  -rearm_timer
  -targetinfo
  -snd_preload
  -mod blueplanet2,blueplanet,mediavps_3612
  -fps
Building file index...
Found root pack 'D:\Freespace 2\blueplanet2\bp2-audio1.vp' with a checksum of 0x4f978a6b
Found root pack 'D:\Freespace 2\blueplanet2\bp2-core.vp' with a checksum of 0x64e738b9
Found root pack 'D:\Freespace 2\blueplanet2\bp2-visuals1.vp' with a checksum of 0xbaa4dbd6
Found root pack 'D:\Freespace 2\blueplanet2\bp2-visuals2.vp' with a checksum of 0x9689af32
Found root pack 'D:\Freespace 2\blueplanet\bp-audio1.vp' with a checksum of 0x53c3080c
Found root pack 'D:\Freespace 2\blueplanet\bp-audio2.vp' with a checksum of 0xc9c97c6b
Found root pack 'D:\Freespace 2\blueplanet\bp-core.vp' with a checksum of 0x16ea6fad
Found root pack 'D:\Freespace 2\blueplanet\bp-visuals1.vp' with a checksum of 0x8c01538d
Found root pack 'D:\Freespace 2\blueplanet\bp-visuals2.vp' with a checksum of 0x6a0a46ec
Found root pack 'D:\Freespace 2\mediavps_3612\MV_AnimGlows.vp' with a checksum of 0x6a554026
Found root pack 'D:\Freespace 2\mediavps_3612\MV_Assets.3612.vp' with a checksum of 0x59649c21
Found root pack 'D:\Freespace 2\mediavps_3612\MV_Assets.vp' with a checksum of 0x529cc70f
Found root pack 'D:\Freespace 2\mediavps_3612\MV_Effects.3612.vp' with a checksum of 0x9c510aa0
Found root pack 'D:\Freespace 2\mediavps_3612\MV_Effects.vp' with a checksum of 0xb9a9a485
Found root pack 'D:\Freespace 2\mediavps_3612\MV_Music.vp' with a checksum of 0xb3e21469
Found root pack 'D:\Freespace 2\mediavps_3612\MV_Root.3612.vp' with a checksum of 0x7c9d7e74
Found root pack 'D:\Freespace 2\mediavps_3612\MV_Root.vp' with a checksum of 0x6ffd5c78
Found root pack 'D:\Freespace 2\Root_fs2.vp' with a checksum of 0xce10d76c
Found root pack 'D:\Freespace 2\smarty_fs2.vp' with a checksum of 0xddeb3b1e
Found root pack 'D:\Freespace 2\sparky_fs2.vp' with a checksum of 0x164fe65a
Found root pack 'D:\Freespace 2\sparky_hi_fs2.vp' with a checksum of 0xa11d56f1
Found root pack 'D:\Freespace 2\stu_fs2.vp' with a checksum of 0xd77da83a
Found root pack 'D:\Freespace 2\tango1_fs2.vp' with a checksum of 0x4c25221e
Found root pack 'D:\Freespace 2\tango2_fs2.vp' with a checksum of 0x86920b82
Found root pack 'D:\Freespace 2\tango3_fs2.vp' with a checksum of 0x705e8d71
Found root pack 'D:\Freespace 2\warble_fs2.vp' with a checksum of 0xd85c305d
Found root pack 'D:\Freespace 2\data\movies\tango1_fs2.vp' with a checksum of 0x4c25221e
Found root pack 'D:\Freespace 2\data\movies\tango2_fs2.vp' with a checksum of 0x86920b82
Found root pack 'D:\Freespace 2\data\movies\tango3_fs2.vp' with a checksum of 0x705e8d71
Found root pack 'D:\Freespace 2\data\movies\tangoA_fs2.vp' with a checksum of 0x2e10c984
Found root pack 'D:\Freespace 2\data\movies\tangoB_fs2.vp' with a checksum of 0x0a5f4659
Found root pack 'D:\Freespace 2\data\movies\warble_fs2.vp' with a checksum of 0xd85c305d
Searching root 'D:\Freespace 2\blueplanet2\' ... 3 files
Searching root pack 'D:\Freespace 2\blueplanet2\bp2-audio1.vp' ... 243 files
Searching root pack 'D:\Freespace 2\blueplanet2\bp2-core.vp' ... 92 files
Searching root pack 'D:\Freespace 2\blueplanet2\bp2-visuals1.vp' ... 682 files
Searching root pack 'D:\Freespace 2\blueplanet2\bp2-visuals2.vp' ... 2480 files
Searching root 'D:\Freespace 2\blueplanet\' ... 0 files
Searching root pack 'D:\Freespace 2\blueplanet\bp-audio1.vp' ... 41 files
Searching root pack 'D:\Freespace 2\blueplanet\bp-audio2.vp' ... 683 files
Searching root pack 'D:\Freespace 2\blueplanet\bp-core.vp' ... 47 files
Searching root pack 'D:\Freespace 2\blueplanet\bp-visuals1.vp' ... 400 files
Searching root pack 'D:\Freespace 2\blueplanet\bp-visuals2.vp' ... 1561 files
Searching root 'D:\Freespace 2\mediavps_3612\' ... 2 files
Searching root pack 'D:\Freespace 2\mediavps_3612\MV_AnimGlows.vp' ... 1641 files
Searching root pack 'D:\Freespace 2\mediavps_3612\MV_Assets.3612.vp' ... 315 files
Searching root pack 'D:\Freespace 2\mediavps_3612\MV_Assets.vp' ... 1527 files
Searching root pack 'D:\Freespace 2\mediavps_3612\MV_Effects.3612.vp' ... 10 files
Searching root pack 'D:\Freespace 2\mediavps_3612\MV_Effects.vp' ... 1876 files
Searching root pack 'D:\Freespace 2\mediavps_3612\MV_Music.vp' ... 32 files
Searching root pack 'D:\Freespace 2\mediavps_3612\MV_Root.3612.vp' ... 13 files
Searching root pack 'D:\Freespace 2\mediavps_3612\MV_Root.vp' ... 94 files
Searching root 'D:\Freespace 2\' ... 15 files
Searching root pack 'D:\Freespace 2\Root_fs2.vp' ... 157 files
Searching root pack 'D:\Freespace 2\smarty_fs2.vp' ... 10 files
Searching root pack 'D:\Freespace 2\sparky_fs2.vp' ... 3027 files
Searching root pack 'D:\Freespace 2\sparky_hi_fs2.vp' ... 1337 files
Searching root pack 'D:\Freespace 2\stu_fs2.vp' ... 2355 files
Searching root pack 'D:\Freespace 2\tango1_fs2.vp' ... 32 files
Searching root pack 'D:\Freespace 2\tango2_fs2.vp' ... 15 files
Searching root pack 'D:\Freespace 2\tango3_fs2.vp' ... 10 files
Searching root pack 'D:\Freespace 2\warble_fs2.vp' ... 52 files
Searching root pack 'D:\Freespace 2\data\movies\tango1_fs2.vp' ... 32 files
Searching root pack 'D:\Freespace 2\data\movies\tango2_fs2.vp' ... 15 files
Searching root pack 'D:\Freespace 2\data\movies\tango3_fs2.vp' ... 10 files
Searching root pack 'D:\Freespace 2\data\movies\tangoA_fs2.vp' ... 0 files
Searching root pack 'D:\Freespace 2\data\movies\tangoB_fs2.vp' ... 0 files
Searching root pack 'D:\Freespace 2\data\movies\warble_fs2.vp' ... 52 files
Found 36 roots and 18861 files.
Setting language to English
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'mv_core-lcl.tbm' ...
Initializing OpenAL...
  OpenAL Vendor     : Creative Labs Inc.
  OpenAL Renderer   : Software
  OpenAL Version    : 1.1

Found extension "ALC_EXT_EFX".

Sample rate: 44100 (44100)
  EFX version: 1.0
  Max auxiliary sends: 1
  Playback device: Generic Hardware on Realtek HD Audio output
  Capture device: Realtek HD Audio Input
... OpenAL successfully initialized!
Initializing OpenGL graphics device at 1680x1050 with 32-bit color...
  Initializing WGL...
  Requested WGL Video values = R: 8, G: 8, B: 8, depth: 24, stencil: 8, double-buffer: 1
  Actual WGL Video values    = R: 8, G: 8, B: 8, depth: 24, stencil: 8, double-buffer: 1
  OpenGL Vendor    : NVIDIA Corporation
  OpenGL Renderer  : GeForce 8600 GT/PCIe/SSE2/3DNOW!
  OpenGL Version   : 3.3.0

Using extension "GL_EXT_fog_coord".
  Using extension "GL_ARB_multitexture".
  Using extension "GL_ARB_texture_env_add".
  Using extension "GL_ARB_texture_compression".
  Using extension "GL_EXT_texture_compression_s3tc".
  Using extension "GL_EXT_texture_filter_anisotropic".
  Using extension "GL_ARB_texture_env_combine".
  Using extension "GL_EXT_compiled_vertex_array".
  Using extension "GL_EXT_draw_range_elements".
  Using extension "GL_ARB_texture_mirrored_repeat".
  Using extension "GL_ARB_texture_non_power_of_two".
  Using extension "GL_ARB_vertex_buffer_object".
  Using extension "GL_ARB_pixel_buffer_object".
  Using extension "GL_SGIS_generate_mipmap".
  Using extension "GL_EXT_framebuffer_object".
  Using extension "GL_ARB_texture_rectangle".
  Using extension "GL_EXT_bgra".
  Using extension "GL_ARB_texture_cube_map".
  Using extension "GL_EXT_texture_lod_bias".
  Using extension "GL_ARB_point_sprite".
  Using extension "GL_ARB_shading_language_100".
  Using extension "GL_ARB_shader_objects".
  Using extension "GL_ARB_vertex_shader".
  Using extension "GL_ARB_fragment_shader".
  Using extension "GL_ARB_shader_texture_lod".
  Using extension "GL_ARB_texture_float".
  Using extension "GL_ARB_draw_elements_base_vertex".
  Using extension "GL_EXT_framebuffer_blit".
  Using extension "GL_EXT_geometry_shader4".
  Using extension "GL_EXT_texture_array".
  Found special extension function "wglSwapIntervalEXT".

Compiling new shader:
   Loading built-in default shader for: soft-v.sdr
   Loading built-in default shader for: soft-f.sdr
Shader features:
   Depth-blended Particles
Compiling new shader:
   Loading built-in default shader for: soft-v.sdr
   Loading built-in default shader for: soft-f.sdr
Shader features:
   Distorted Particles
Compiling deferred light shader...
   Loading built-in default shader for: deferred-v.sdr
   Loading built-in default shader for: deferred-f.sdr

Compiling post-processing shader 1 ...
   Loading built-in default shader for: post-v.sdr
   Loading built-in default shader for: post-f.sdr
  Compiling post-processing shader 2 ...
   Loading built-in default shader for: blur-f.sdr
  Compiling post-processing shader 3 ...
   Loading built-in default shader for: blur-f.sdr
  Compiling post-processing shader 4 ...
   Loading built-in default shader for: brightpass-f.sdr
  Compiling post-processing shader 5 ...
   Loading built-in default shader for: fxaa-v.sdr
   Loading built-in default shader for: fxaa-f.sdr
  Compiling post-processing shader 6 ...
   Loading built-in default shader for: fxaapre-f.sdr
  Compiling post-processing shader 7 ...
   Loading built-in default shader for: ls-f.sdr
  Compiling post-processing shader 8 ...
   Loading built-in default shader for: shadowdebug-v.sdr
   Loading built-in default shader for: shadowdebug-f.sdr

Max texture units: 4 (32)
  Max elements vertices: 1048576
  Max elements indices: 1048576
  Max texture size: 8192x8192
  Max render buffer size: 8192x8192
  Can use compressed textures: YES
  Texture compression available: YES
  Post-processing enabled: YES
  Using trilinear texture filter.
  OpenGL Shader Version: 3.30 NVIDIA via Cg compiler
... OpenGL init is complete!
Size of bitmap info = 742 KB
Size of bitmap extra info = 48 bytes
ANI cursorweb with size 24x24 (25.0% wasted)
GRAPHICS: Initializing default colors...
Game Settings Table: Using Standard Loops For SEXP Arguments
Game Settings Table: Using standard event chaining behavior
Game Settings Table: External shaders are DISABLED
SCRIPTING: Beginning initialization sequence...
SCRIPTING: Beginning Lua initialization...
LUA: Opening LUA state...
LUA: Initializing base Lua libraries...
LUA: Beginning ADE initialization
ADE: Initializing enumeration constants...
ADE: Assigning Lua session...
SCRIPTING: Beginning main hook parse sequence....
Wokka!  Error opening file (scripting.tbl)!
TABLES: Unable to parse 'scripting.tbl'!  Error code = 5.
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'mv_flak-sct.tbm' ...
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'mv_dbrs-sct.tbm' ...
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'mv_exp-sct.tbm' ...
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'bp2-turretHotkey-sct.tbm' ...
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'bp2-trigger-sct.tbm' ...
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'bp2-tcard-sct.tbm' ...
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'bp2-stupid-sct.tbm' ...
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'bp2-equip-sct.tbm' ...
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'bp2-debrisgrav-sct.tbm' ...
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'bp2-csc-sct.tbm' ...
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'bp2-betty-sct.tbm' ...
SCRIPTING: Inititialization complete.
SCRIPTING: Splash screen overrides checked
SCRIPTING: Splash hook has been run
SCRIPTING: Splash screen conditional hook has been run
Using high memory settings...
Wokka!  Error opening file (interface.tbl)!
WMCGUI: Unable to parse 'interface.tbl'!  Error code = 5.
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'mv_effects-sdf.tbm' ...
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'bp-sdf.tbm' ...
Dutifully ignoring the extra sound values for retail sound 36, 'l_hit.wav'...
Dutifully ignoring the extra sound values for retail sound 37, 'm_hit.wav'...
Windows reported 16 joysticks, we found 0
Current soundtrack set to -1 in event_music_reset_choices
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'mv_music-mus.tbm' ...
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'bp-mus.tbm' ...
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'bp2-mus.tbm' ...
TABLES => Starting parse of 'colors.tbl'...
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'mv_effects-mfl.tbm' ...
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'bp-mfl.tbm' ...
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'bp2-mfl.tbm' ...
Wokka!  Error opening file (armor.tbl)!
TABLES: Unable to parse 'armor.tbl'!  Error code = 5.
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'mv_effects-amr.tbm' ...
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'bp2-amr.tbm' ...
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'bp-aip.tbm' ...
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'bp2-aip.tbm' ...
Warning: "$perform less checks for death screams" flag is deprecated in favor of "$perform fewer checks for death screams"
Warning: "$allow primary link delay" flag is deprecated in favor of "$allow primary link at mission start"
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'mv_effects-wxp.tbm' ...
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'bp-wxp.tbm' ...
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'bp2-wxp.tbm' ...
BMPMAN: Found EFF (exp20.eff) with 75 frames at 20 fps.
BMPMAN: Found EFF (ExpMissileHit1.eff) with 92 frames at 20 fps.
BMPMAN: Found EFF (exp04.eff) with 49 frames at 22 fps.
BMPMAN: Found EFF (exp05.eff) with 93 frames at 20 fps.
BMPMAN: Found EFF (exp06.eff) with 92 frames at 22 fps.
BMPMAN: Found EFF (capflash.eff) with 40 frames at 10 fps.
BMPMAN: Found EFF (Maxim_Impact.eff) with 23 frames at 30 fps.
ANI Lamprey_Impact with size 80x80 (37.5% wasted)
BMPMAN: Found EFF (explo3.eff) with 48 frames at 22 fps.
BMPMAN: Found EFF (HFlakExp.eff) with 48 frames at 22 fps.
BMPMAN: Found EFF (exp06b.eff) with 92 frames at 22 fps.
BMPMAN: Found EFF (bomb_flare.eff) with 69 frames at 20 fps.
BMPMAN: Found EFF (exp50.eff) with 92 frames at 30 fps.
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'mv_core-wep.tbm' ...
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'mv_effects-wep.tbm' ...
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'mv_assets-wep.tbm' ...
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'bp-wep.tbm' ...
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'bp2-wep.tbm' ...
Ignoring free flight speed for weapon 'Trebuchet#Aegis'
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'mv_effects-obt.tbm' ...
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'bp2-obt.tbm' ...
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'mv_core-shp.tbm' ...
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'mv_effects-shp.tbm' ...
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'mv_assets-shp.tbm' ...
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'bp-shp.tbm' ...
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'bp2-shp.tbm' ...
The "primary_bank" animation type name is deprecated.  Specify "primary-bank" instead.
The "primary_bank" animation type name is deprecated.  Specify "primary-bank" instead.
Particle effect for impact spew disabled on ship 'Moon Landscape'.
Particle effect for damage spew disabled on ship 'Moon Landscape'.
Particle effect for impact spew disabled on ship 'The GRID'.
Particle effect for damage spew disabled on ship 'The GRID'.
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'mv_core-hdg.tbm' ...
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'mv_root-hdg.tbm' ...
ANI support1 with size 108x24 (25.0% wasted)
ANI damage1 with size 148x25 (21.9% wasted)
ANI wingman1 with size 71x53 (17.2% wasted)
ANI wingman2 with size 35x53 (17.2% wasted)
ANI wingman3 with size 14x53 (17.2% wasted)
ANI toggle1 with size 57x20 (37.5% wasted)
ANI head1 with size 164x132 (48.4% wasted)
ANI weapons1 with size 126x20 (37.5% wasted)
ANI weapons1_b with size 150x20 (37.5% wasted)
ANI objective1 with size 149x21 (34.4% wasted)
ANI energy1 with size 12x41 (35.9% wasted)
ANI targetview1 with size 137x156 (39.1% wasted)
ANI targetview2 with size 4x96 (25.0% wasted)
ANI targetview3 with size 7x20 (37.5% wasted)
ANI 2_radar1 with size 209x170 (33.6% wasted)
ANI 2_energy2 with size 86x96 (25.0% wasted)
ANI 2_reticle1 with size 40x24 (25.0% wasted)
ANI targhit1 with size 31x21 (34.4% wasted)
ANI 2_leftarc with size 103x252 (1.6% wasted)
ANI 2_rightarc1 with size 103x252 (1.6% wasted)
ANI 2_toparc2 with size 35x24 (25.0% wasted)
ANI 2_toparc3 with size 41x29 (9.4% wasted)
ANI netlag1 with size 29x30 (6.3% wasted)
ANI 2_lead1 with size 26x26 (18.8% wasted)
ANI 2_lock1 with size 56x53 (17.2% wasted)
ANI 2_lockspin with size 100x100 (21.9% wasted)
ANI time1 with size 47x23 (28.1% wasted)
BMPMAN: Found EFF (BPstealthgauge.eff) with 3 frames at 30 fps.
BMPMAN: Found EFF (viewfinder.eff) with 1 frames at 30 fps.
BMPMAN: Found EFF (BPsignalgaugetop.eff) with 1 frames at 30 fps.
BMPMAN: Found EFF (BPsignalgauge.eff) with 11 frames at 30 fps.
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'mv_effects-str.tbm' ...
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'bp-str.tbm' ...
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'bp2-str.tbm' ...
loading animated cursor "cursor"
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'bp-main-hall.tbm' ...
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'bp2-main-hall.tbm' ...
MediaVPs: Flaming debris script loaded!
MediaVPs: Explosions script loaded!
Ships.tbl is : VALID
Weapons.tbl is : VALID
cfile_init() took 1477
TrackIR Init Failed - 1
Compiling video-processing shader ...
   Loading built-in default shader for: video-v.sdr
   Loading built-in default shader for: video-f.sdr
Got event GS_EVENT_GAME_INIT (49) in state NOT A VALID STATE (0)
PLR => Verifying 'Boris.plr' with version 0...
PLR => Parsing:  Flags...
PLR => Verifying complete!
PLR => Verifying 'BP.plr' with version 0...
PLR => Verifying 'WiH.plr' with version 0...
Got event GS_EVENT_MAIN_MENU (0) in state GS_STATE_INITIAL_PLAYER_SELECT (37)
PLR => Loading 'BP.plr' with version 0...
PLR => Parsing:  Info...
PLR => Parsing:  Scoring...
PLR => Parsing:  ScoringMulti...
PLR => Parsing:  HUD...
PLR => Parsing:  Variables...
PLR => Parsing:  Multiplayer...
PLR => Parsing:  Controls...
PLR => Parsing:  Settings...
Someone passed an extension to bm_load for file 'hammer1.pcx'
PLR => Loading complete!
CSG => Loading 'BP.bp2-p2.csg' with version 0...
CSG => Parsing:  Flags...
CSG => Parsing:  Info...
CSG => Parsing:  Missions...
CSG => Parsing:  Techroom...
CSG => Parsing:  Loadout...
CSG => Parsing:  Scoring...
CSG => Parsing:  RedAlert...
CSG => Parsing:  HUD...
CSG => Parsing:  Variables...
CSG => Parsing:  Settings...
CSG => Parsing:  Controls...
CSG => Parsing:  Cutscenes...
CSG => Loading complete!
CSG => Loading 'BP.bp2-p2.csg' with version 0...
CSG => Parsing:  Flags...
CSG => Parsing:  Info...
CSG => Parsing:  Missions...
CSG => Parsing:  Techroom...
CSG => Parsing:  Loadout...
CSG => Parsing:  Scoring...
CSG => Parsing:  RedAlert...
Malloc failed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ERROR: Malloc Failed!

File: windebug.cpp
Line: 1787
Freeing all existing models...
The lyf so short, the craft so long to lerne.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
Can you post that .csg file for The_E to analyze? It'll help us test the new pilot code.

What OS are you on? (windows i assume looking at the log)