Author Topic: GVF Ptah [RE-RELEASED]  (Read 44747 times)

Offline The Dagger

• I like zod ships
GVF Ptah [RE-RELEASED]
After a long time sitting in my TODO list, the revisited Ptah is done:

Download: Mediafire

Original Post:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
So, the thing is I love Vasudan crafts.
I've been working on this one since I ended the Seth, and I think it's going well, but I'd like to hear your opinions. The engine section is not done yet and I believe it will take time as I'm not really sure at what the original is going for.
Screenshot time!

I think the orginal front view is a bit dull, so I tried to make it look sharper.
I've also raised the cockpit glass a bit because the downward angle it had made no sense to me. I'll put a sitting pilot to keep the eyepoint lower position though.

- The Dagger
« Last Edit: March 03, 2015, 06:08:34 pm by The Dagger »

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
Looks lovely, but there's one thing:
Missile launchers and Guns:

I only see two recesses that could be gun banks, but not a hint of missiles.
Otherwise, great ship.

Offline The Dagger

• I like zod ships
Those guns will get proper detailing latter, don't worry.

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
  • My "FS Ships" folder is 582gb.
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
As good as Your Seth :yes: or even better :D
Exile | Shadow Genesis | Inferno | Series Resurrecta  | DA Profile | P3D Profile

Proud owner of NyctiShipyards. Remember - Nyx will fix it!

All of my assets including models, textures, skyboxes, effects may be used under standard CC BY-NC 4.0 license.

Offline mjn.mixael

• Cutscene Master
  • Chopped liver
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Dang dude. Fantastic work.

What's the ship that has the standing Vasudan cockpit? I know there's a Ulysses variant around with the standing Vasudan.
Cutscene Upgrade Project - Mainhall Remakes - Between the Ashes
Youtube Channel - P3D Model Box
Between the Ashes is looking for committed testers, PM me for details.
Freespace Upgrade Project See what's happening.

IIRC, its the Bakha.

Edit: Confirmed.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2012, 10:37:40 am by DireWolf »

Offline mjn.mixael

• Cutscene Master
  • Chopped liver
    • Steam
    • Twitter
You misunderstand. I'm talking about a ship that is HTL'd and actually already has the "standard" Vasudan cockpit modelled for a front facing cockpit like the Ptah has. I'm pretty sure the PVF Ulysses is in FSPort-MediaVPs... but I can't check right now.

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
The Bahka is HTL'd...
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

Offline The Dagger

• I like zod ships
I can confirm the Bakha is HTL'ed and has a standing vasudan as a pilot. I didn't check if it uses the TVCockpit.dds texture though.
However I made a standing vasudan from the sitting one I had to check my pilot's size due to this thread: http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php?topic=80875.0. It's 2.5 m height. I can send it to you if you want, it uses the TVCockpit texture.

Offline Kolgena

As good as Your Seth :yes: or even better :D

Basically this.

Things to consider that have nothing to do with the engine:

The two blue lights on either side of the fighter didn't get recesses, though the lights on the dorsal surface did. It's worth considering adding recesses on the side for the lights as well.

The brown plates seem to cover up a tech/machinery/"greeble" texture on the retail. The gaps between your plates (the ones on the dorsal surface of the two side wing things) kind of angle down and to the tail end, which doesn't really let you put a techy texture in the "cracks" later. This suggestion would only apply if you intend on having the fighter showing off most of its innards like retail does.

Tbh, I've always thought the retail fighter looked like turds. I'm sure you could throw anything together for the engine and it would still look better.

Online Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
The Ptah's one of those ships that I almost forget exists, but this is a nice go at it.

Offline Kolgena

Well, you're forced to fly one when you scan the Ravana, and you have the option of flying one in Flaming Sword. This fighter is as deserving as the pegasus for an upgrade.

Offline Rodo

• Custom tittle
  • stargazer
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
oh my!

:yes:
el hombre vicio...

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
Well, you're forced to fly one when you scan the Ravana, and you have the option of flying one in Flaming Sword. This fighter is as deserving as the pegasus for an upgrade.
Ah, it wasn't the Ravana you were scanning in that mission... it was something, bigger... a lot, bigger.
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

Offline Kolgena

Haha, my bad. Meant Sathanas

Offline Hades

• FINISHING MODELS IS OVERRATED
  • i wonder when my polycounts will exceed my iq
Very good work! Definitely a well done model, sir.

However, I do have one criticism, the middle, top tail's tip looks a bit too flimsy and somewhat odd, as it looks like it's just baring hanging on there. I think it needs a bit of beefing up, perhaps continue the side scaling thing to the end there?

Sort of something like this. Or perhaps end the tail itself in more of a point like the side wings.
[22:29] <sigtau> Hello, #hard-light?  I'm trying to tell a girl she looks really good for someone who doesn't exercise.  How do I word that non-offensively?
[22:29] <RangerKarl|AtWork> "you look like a big tasty muffin"
----
<batwota> wouldn’t that mean that it’s prepared to kiss your ass if you flank it :p
<batwota> wow
<batwota> KILL

Offline mjn.mixael

• Cutscene Master
  • Chopped liver
    • Steam
    • Twitter
The Bahka is HTL'd...

I stand corrected. I checked the Wiki and it doesn't have any info about the HTL, so I assumed it wasn't.

Offline Rampage

• Son Of Rampage
  • Urogynaecologist
Excellent, sir!!

R

Offline The Dagger

• I like zod ships
Thanks everyone your comments. :)

@Kolgena:
I'll recess those side lights. However, I have to say I don't like the techy gray texture between plates. They didn't bothered me, but then I saw the original texture. It looks as they just didn't try too hard and decided to draw some scales over a greeble background. It looks hackish. I'll keep the outside of the ship cleaner, and let the machinery stay in the middle.

@Hades:
Yes, that lower part is missing. I'm not good with greebles so I'm leaving those exposed machinery parts for the end.