Author Topic: [Release] GTM Hippocrates  (Read 15385 times)

Offline fightermedic

• quite a nice guy, no really, i am
[Release] GTM Hippocrates
Finally finished: HTL Hippocrates  :D
the download includes the original .png textures in case later changes are needed, and .dds ones, if you want to use this, delete the .png ones before using the HTL model
the new HTL version has a fighterbay, for use in new missions, for people who'd like that
PBR textures are finished as well, and will follow later or if requested

http://www.mediafire.com/download/tp37a3phxgce58w/hippo.rar
>>Fully functional cockpits for Freespace<<
>>Ships created by me<<
Campaigns revised/voice-acted by me:
Lightning Marshal 1-4, The Regulus Campaign, Operation: Savior, Operation: Crucible, Titan Rebellion, Fall of Epsilon Pegasi 1.1Aftermath 2.1,
Pandora's Box 2.2, Deep Blood

Other Campaigns I have participated in:
The Antagonist, Warzone, Phantoms & Echo-Gate

All the stuff I release is free to use or change in any way for everybody who likes to do so; take whatever you need

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
Re: [Release] GTM Hippocrates
It's a Christmas Hanukah Kwanza Holliday miracle!
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
  • My "FS Ships" folder is 582gb.
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
Woah :D! Downloading!
Exile | Shadow Genesis | Inferno | Series Resurrecta  | DA Profile | P3D Profile

Proud owner of NyctiShipyards. Remember - Nyx will fix it!

All of my assets including models, textures, skyboxes, effects may be used under standard CC BY-NC 4.0 license.

Offline mjn.mixael

• Cutscene Master
  • Chopped liver
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Grabbed for FSU. Nice work!
Cutscene Upgrade Project - Mainhall Remakes - Between the Ashes
Youtube Channel - P3D Model Box
Between the Ashes is looking for committed testers, PM me for details.
Freespace Upgrade Project See what's happening.

Offline Hades

• FINISHING MODELS IS OVERRATED
  • i wonder when my polycounts will exceed my iq
Couple of immediate issues I see with the .pof, the centerpoint is moved back quite a fair bit which can and will mess with mission timing and movement behavior and there's no Moment of Inertia, and I've tried simply recalculating via PCS2 and what it spits out is is something I've never seen before ("-1.#IND00e+000:-1.#IND00e+000:-1.#IND00e+000" in all fields) which is potentially an issue.
[22:29] <sigtau> Hello, #hard-light?  I'm trying to tell a girl she looks really good for someone who doesn't exercise.  How do I word that non-offensively?
[22:29] <RangerKarl|AtWork> "you look like a big tasty muffin"
----
<batwota> wouldn’t that mean that it’s prepared to kiss your ass if you flank it :p
<batwota> wow
<batwota> KILL

Offline mjn.mixael

• Cutscene Master
  • Chopped liver
    • Steam
    • Twitter
well, for FSU we'll copy/paste the retail Hippo's MOI and match the centerpoint to that. We'll also copy things like Mass. But these are things that should probably be also fixed here for the general download as well.
Cutscene Upgrade Project - Mainhall Remakes - Between the Ashes
Youtube Channel - P3D Model Box
Between the Ashes is looking for committed testers, PM me for details.
Freespace Upgrade Project See what's happening.

Offline fightermedic

the centerpoint should be the one of the retail model, that is simply where it always has been for that one
i actually imported all the information from the old model, no idea how the inertia could have been set to zero, but i will check that

edit: it's really zero, wtf... ok, i will update that later
« Last Edit: December 25, 2015, 12:46:51 pm by fightermedic »
>>Ships created by me<<
Lightning Marshal 1-4, The Regulus Campaign, Operation: Savior, Operation: Crucible, Titan Rebellion, Fall of Epsilon Pegasi 1.1Aftermath 2.1,

All the stuff I release is free to use or change in any way for everybody who likes to do so; take whatever you need

Offline fightermedic

hm, you are right about the center point too, the actual point in the model is correct, but the pof has an offset specified, that was missing
something must have went wrong with importing all the information from the old model  :banghead:
>>Ships created by me<<

Where do I extract the files to make this model work ingame?

Offline fightermedic

you have to copy the data folder into your latest mediavps folder
>>Ships created by me<<

Offline fightermedic

updated the download with the fixes, all should be ok now
>>Ships created by me<<

Offline Cyborg17

• Life? Don't talk to me about life....
Thank you!   It looks like it always should have!  :yes:

Offline BrotherBryon

• Resident Lurker
Thanks fightermedic and any one else involved in getting her finished.
Holy Crap. SHIVANS! Tours

Offline fightermedic

just liked your design, which is pretty cool actually!
>>Ships created by me<<

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
Hmmm... I must say your way of baking textures is actually strange. I mean large, streched UV isles and 4094x2048 texture, but as long as it's working I have nothing to complain.

Three alternate "damage" textures are actually the strangest thing. Are they needed for something?
Exile | Shadow Genesis | Inferno | Series Resurrecta  | DA Profile | P3D Profile

All of my assets including models, textures, skyboxes, effects may be used under standard CC BY-NC 4.0 license.

Offline fightermedic

no, that was a case of "oops, i forgot to import two -destroyed submodels when initially creating the pof, i have to do it later" and then the software creates a new texture if it doesn't find a texture with that name yet, which in this case it didn't, i realized to late i forgot to name the damage texture the right way when importing, but in the end figured it doesn't really make a difference
>>Ships created by me<<

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
Yeah, the old and cool feature... PCS2 see the difference between "Damage" and "damage" :P

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
Sweet CHRIST, why is this download 140 MB?
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline niffiwan

• Eluder Class
the download includes the original .png textures in case later changes are needed, and .dds ones, if you want to use this, delete the .png ones before using the HTL model

Maybe this?
Creating a fs2_open.log | Red Alert Bug = Hex Edit | MediaVPs 2014: Bigger HUD gauges | 32bit libs for 64bit Ubuntu
----
Debian Packages (testing/unstable): Freespace2 | wxLauncher
----
m|m: I think I'm suffering from Stockholm syndrome. Bmpman is starting to make sense and it's actually written reasonably well...

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter

Maybe this?

Ah.

[EDIT] The .dds files are bigger than the .png files. Huh.

Maps folder is still 128MB without the .png's. Ouch.
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta