Author Topic: SAFSO Asset dump  (Read 5421 times)

Offline AndrewofDoom

• In A.D. 2366 war was beginning
  • Permanent yuri goggles.
    • Twitter
So it's been a long time in the waiting.

As the gameplay designer of the mod, I found I had, now that I look back at it, made the odd decision to make the game PVP balanced. Even the silly Twin Claw (basically our version of the Anubis) had its own advantages since it had the highest cruising speed and strongest autoaim of all ships. One of the things I'm proud of in this mod is that flying each fighter feels very distinct and how the Veslan fighters were very drifty while the Terran ones were more snappy, but more fragile.

We were using a fair amount of placeholder models for ships (as well as HUD assets). Most of them were replaced by the time the project died, but a few of them still remain. Sadly never got to see a finished Ganymede, Carvelus, or Ganeluza because of a hard drive crash Quanto had before he finished them.  :(

Nor did we ever have any real finished missions. Really, it's what killed it for us. No missions, no momentum to keep going.  Though, SAFSO's spirit kinda merged into Dimensional Eclipse.

Download. Not that anyone would have a use for them. They're way too distinct and colorful for FreeSpace. Though frankly I still think Artmic did the best ship designs ever as the ships from Stellar Assault SS. Especially the Hyperion, which comes from Stellar Assault SS. Artmic didn't have anything to do with that game funny enough.

I mean look at that. So hot.
My Efforts:
SF Knight

20:08:19   AndrewofDoom: Though I find it mildly disturbing that a loli is giggling to mass destruction.
20:10:01   Spoon: I find it mildly arrousing
20:10:07   AndrewofDoom: Woah
20:10:15   Spoon: sound like my kind of loli
20:10:21   Spoon: and im not even a lolicon

Offline JGZinv

• The Last Dual! Guardian
    • The FringeSpace Conversion Mod
o7 Salutes

May ye drift into mod valhalla good sirs.
True power comes not from strength, but from the soul and imagination.
Max to PCS2 to FS2 SCP Guide
The FringeSpace Conversion Mod

Sorry to hear that development of this ended. You guys were cooking up some beautiful things with this project; my compliments for the design of many of its ships like the Feathers and the Hyperion. I also found myself enjoying some of the action the few missions in the assetdump offers. The feel of the available fighters and the pace of combat is refreshing.

My respects where they are due.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2016, 02:51:45 pm by starwolf1991 »
Previous Projects: Ancient-Shivan War | GTF Durandal

Current Projects: Exile: Into The Dark Waters (Proof-editing/misc)

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
An unfortunate event, but also long overdue. SAFSO has been dead for years. I was very excited for this mod, even signed up for development. I don't remember if I ever got the Diaspora-style landings to work properly, but some models are set up for that. What is currently there is really fun, at least. I hope someone finds a good use for the models.

Offline Bryan See

• Has anyone really been far as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
  • Trying to redeem, but under Tiger Parents
    • Twitter
That's what I need for my Shattered Stars project and others.
Bryan See - My FreeSpace Wiki User Page (Talk, Contributions)

Full Projects:
Shattered Stars

Campaigns:
Lost in the Mist - Cyrene vs. Psamtik
FreeSpace: Reunited

Ships:
GTS Hygeia, GTT Argo, SC Raguel

Tools:
FSO TC/Game template

I've been under attack by Tiger Parents like Jennifer Pan...