Author Topic: GTT Argo  (Read 11079 times)

Offline Bryan See

• Has anyone really been far as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
  • Trying to redeem, but under Tiger Parents
    • Twitter
As of all you know by now, the GTT Argo, one of the remaining FS2 retail models in existence, is being reworked. At the moment, I am focusing on adding details to make the Argo mesh high-poly as possible. In the future, I would like to UVWrap it. When the model's finished with the final corrections, I will release it as part of the new MediaVPs (or perhaps a separate model if I see fit)  :)

[attachment deleted by ninja]
Bryan See - My FreeSpace Wiki User Page (Talk, Contributions)

Full Projects:
Shattered Stars

Campaigns:
Lost in the Mist - Cyrene vs. Psamtik
FreeSpace: Reunited

Ships:
GTS Hygeia, GTT Argo, SC Raguel

Tools:
FSO TC/Game template

I've been under attack by Tiger Parents like Jennifer Pan...

Offline Hades

• FINISHING MODELS IS OVERRATED
  • i wonder when my polycounts will exceed my iq
I can't really comment on the model itself because it doesn't look too different from the retail mesh, but I can warn you against starting too many WiPs at once. I've made that mistake, and due to a lack of focus, none of the ships are actually anywhere close to finished.
[22:29] <sigtau> Hello, #hard-light?  I'm trying to tell a girl she looks really good for someone who doesn't exercise.  How do I word that non-offensively?
[22:29] <RangerKarl|AtWork> "you look like a big tasty muffin"
----
<batwota> wouldn’t that mean that it’s prepared to kiss your ass if you flank it :p
<batwota> wow
<batwota> KILL

Offline Bryan See

• Has anyone really been far as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
    • Twitter
What makes my version different than the retail Argo is not just the detailed "hatches", but also the newly created truss and the engines.

[attachment deleted by ninja]

Full Projects:
Shattered Stars

Campaigns:

Ships:

Tools:
FSO TC/Game template

Offline NeonShivan

• Previously known as BTA
  • By the Omnisiah's grace.
Yay, detail on the hatches that are never, ever used in Fs2! Very nice start though, can't wait to see the finished product.
In German even the most beautiful love letter sounds like an execution order -Mito

(•_•)
 <)  )/
 /  \ All the Single Ladies

( •_•)
\(  (>
  /  \ All the Single Ladies

(•_•)
 <)  )/
 /  \  Oh Oh Oh

Author of Dusk Wars - A modification for Freespace 2.

Offline Bryan See

• Twitter
I'll keep up my good work on the Argo.

Full Projects:
Shattered Stars

Campaigns:

Ships:

Tools:
FSO TC/Game template

I'd advise listening to Hades here, especially since you've just started modelling. Taking one model to completion will teach you more than half-finishing two of them.
The good Christian should beware of mathematicians, and all those who make empty prophecies. The danger already exists that the mathematicians have made a covenant with the devil to darken the spirit and to confine man in the bonds of Hell.

Offline Bryan See

• Twitter
Fine with me, taking note of Hades here. It's clear that I'm fully opposed to starting too many of WiPs at once. Anyways, where can I find the SVN of the MediaVPs?

Full Projects:
Shattered Stars

Campaigns:

Ships:

Tools:
FSO TC/Game template

Offline The Dagger

• I like zod ships
You'd had to be a member of the FSU team to get access to their SVN as it is not public.

Offline Bryan See

• Twitter
This is what I am trying to. If I can release two models, the Hygeia and the Argo, can I become such a member of the team? Right now. I'm working on them.

Full Projects:
Shattered Stars

Campaigns:

Ships:

Tools:
FSO TC/Game template

This is what I am trying to. If I can release two models, the Hygeia and the Argo, can I become such a member of the team? Right now. I'm working on them.

Have you ever seen that old TV show Kung Fu? The part where Cain, as a child, had to wait and wait outside the temple for a really long time? It's kind of like that.
Did you hear that fellas? She says I have a Meritorious Unit.

Offline Luis Dias

I can't really comment on the model itself because it doesn't look too different from the retail mesh, but I can warn you against starting too many WiPs at once. I've made that mistake, and due to a lack of focus, none of the ships are actually anywhere close to finished.

It's never too late to start focusing on one of your amazing models and go at it to the end :).

Offline mjn.mixael

• Cutscene Master
  • Chopped liver
    • Steam
    • Twitter

It's never too late to start focusing on one of your amazing models and go at it to the end :).

:yes:
Cutscene Upgrade Project - Mainhall Remakes - Between the Ashes
Youtube Channel - P3D Model Box
Between the Ashes is looking for committed testers, PM me for details.
Freespace Upgrade Project See what's happening.

Offline Lorric

I don't know Hades' models, but if he wanted to finish one, but just couldn't decide which one, maybe he could upload pictures of them, and we could vote on which one to work on?

I don't know Hades' models
Shame on you!
(I would vote for the Orion. That thing is serious awesome.)

Anyway, good luck to you Bryan.

Offline Aesaar

The Orion is pretty much done.  Hades is just far, far too lazy to uvmap it himself.  Same goes for the Apollo.  And the Leviathan.

Offline An4ximandros

• Transabyssal metastatic event
Ah, sounds like me and pretty much any model ever. :P