Author Topic: help you, help me, help everyone  (Read 1816 times)

Offline Bobboau

• Just a MODern kinda guy
    Just MODerately cool
    And MODest too
help you, help me, help everyone
I would like someone to  use the atached skin and remap the HTL fenris to it, this will greatly increase the effecency of that model, and I have a particular need for this model to be remapped to this file, I have found that I realy don't have the time to deal with all the extra complexities of this thing and would greatly aprishiate someone doing this for me. this is related to a certan major project I'm working on, and help on this item will go a long way to speeding this project up, and you all know that would be a good thing.
Bobboau, bringing you products that work... in theory
learn to use PCS
creator of the ProXimus Procedural Texture and Effect Generator
My latest build of PCS2, get it while it's hot!
PCS 2.0.3

DEUTERONOMY 22:11
Thou shalt not wear a garment of diverse sorts, [as] of woollen and linen together

Offline KARMA

• Darth Hutt
    • http://members.fortunecity.com/aranbanjo
bob, if the texture won't change the aspect of the model, and you need it only to have the fenris mapped with one map, it is better if you find someone able to bake the textures

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
  • FREDder, FSWiki editor, and tester
If this is the sharpened version of the original HTL Fenris model, than you only have to put it into your data/maps and load the game. But I guess you know it so this post is useless.
My community contributions - Get my campaigns from here.

I already announced my retirement twice, yet here I am. If I bring up that topic again, don't believe a word.

Offline aldo_14

• Gunnery Control
:rolleyes:

Yes, Bob, if you just get someone to bake it it'll give you a single map just like that anyways.

Offline Bobboau

Just MODerately cool
    And MODest too
well I don't have bakeing capabilities, someone try it, but I have a feeling it won't come out as sharp.
learn to use PCS
PCS 2.0.3

Thou shalt not wear a garment of diverse sorts, [as] of woollen and linen together

Offline Roanoke

Damn, my pc crawls when running this in max...
« Last Edit: August 18, 2005, 02:22:42 pm by 2275 »

Offline KARMA

• Darth Hutt
    • http://members.fortunecity.com/aranbanjo
dunno if you already solved your prob, anyway..
I don't have baking capabilities too (for the moment, at least), btw the baking thing gives you new uv coordinates, so you can change the texture later or, better, you can change the actual textures with some more sharp version and then bake the model.
Of course you'll need to find someone willing and able to spend 15 minutes doing so...

Offline Vasudan Admiral

• Twisted Infinities
No need - i already did it ages ago, but the release back then was in a separate thread ( http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php/topic,23505.0.html), and now the host (sectorfiles) has died. :(

Anyway, if you lot can wait a week or so, an even more optimised version will be in that HTL foursome pack i've been working on for ages. ;)
Mind tho, it's not 100% efficient, since the two trims are separate textures still, and the turrets and radar are a separate small texture (i separated them specifically so that it would be more efficient, but was later told it would be slightly less efficient. :( )
It's also got a fair few bug fixes.
Get the 2014 Media VPs and report any bugs you find in them to the FSU Mantis so that we may squish them. || Blender to POF model conversion guide
Twisted Infinities

Online Col. Fishguts

• voodoo doll
Originally posted by Vasudan Admiral
Anyway, if you lot can wait a week or so, an even more optimised version will be in that HTL foursome pack i've been working on for ages. ;)

*Starts gnawing on fingernails.*
"I don't think that people accept the fact that life doesn't make sense. I think it makes people terribly uncomfortable. It seems like religion and myth were invented against that, trying to make sense out of it." - D. Lynch

Visit The Babylon Project, now also with HTL flavour  ¦ GTB Rhea

Offline WMCoolmon

• Purveyor of space crack
There's a possibility that the earth could spontaneously combust in the next week.

Are you willing to take that chance? :p
-C

Offline Raptor

Originally posted by Vasudan Admiral
No need - i already did it ages ago, but the release back then was in a separate thread ( http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php/topic,23505.0.html), and now the host (sectorfiles) has died. :(

That's the one containg the Fenris, the Triton, the Aeolus, and the Lucifer, right?

BTW, I fused the mapping of the Fenris/Leviathain on my PC ages ago.  It's not that hard if you have Lilith.

Though I did take the easy option and not rearrange the parts within each block...
...There ought to be something surreal about a Zoid offering romantic advice...and yet there is not. It seems perfectly normal that the Liger is giving Bit advice on relationships, and it shouldn't, but it does. Dangit man, you've confused me again.[/I]
NGTM-R review of one of the chapters in my fanfic story :D Story is here! -> 'Ancient Legacies'

Offline Vasudan Admiral

• Twisted Infinities
Yeah it is - everything about it is complete save the lucifer, but i've had to put it on hold for the past 7 weeks due to some big exams and a major work due this comming monday. :(
If all goes well, i should be able to complete it pretty quickly after that. :)
There's a possibility that the earth could spontaneously combust in the next week.

Are you willing to take that chance? :p
:shaking:
*treads very carefully on ground*
Get the 2014 Media VPs and report any bugs you find in them to the FSU Mantis so that we may squish them. || Blender to POF model conversion guide
Twisted Infinities

Offline Bobboau

Just MODerately cool
    And MODest too
/*lights a match*/

I got it solved, but sence you are going to release a finished version I won't bother releaseing it myself, the thing that kept throughing me was that you moved some geometry around and I didn't realise this so when I used the origonal maps as the base I could never get them to align properly.
learn to use PCS
PCS 2.0.3

Offline Vasudan Admiral

• Twisted Infinities
Indeed - bits didn't quite fit (engines and bow side windows especially), so i had to do some fiddling. :)

BTW, while you're here, are you still sure that it's more efficient to have turrets and subsystems use the main hulls big texture rather than a separate smaller one? And if so, will a single 256 res separate texture for the submodels cause any slowdowns? :\
Twisted Infinities

Offline Bobboau

Just MODerately cool
    And MODest too
yes, if you already have a texture set it is inefichent to change it even , or especaly if it's big. although sence you are drawing a seperate object already, th diference isn't too vast, though it would still be slower.
learn to use PCS
PCS 2.0.3