Author Topic: SHINY - MediaVP 3.6.8 Delta  (Read 87575 times)

Offline StratComm

• The POFressor
  • Cameron Crazy
    • http://www.geocities.com/cek_83/index.html
Re: SHINY - MediaVP 3.6.8 Beta
model_fixes.zip

The spline path error actually tells you how to fix it; delete the Turret splines from the indicated vertices in PCS.  It's a problem with both HTL models so I fixed if on both cruiser01 and cruiser01x.

The 5 LODs warning could be fixed in tables by adding a 5th LOD to the declarations for the ships that are affected.  However, as they are retail ships, I'm just removing the currently unused LOD from the LOD list in the POF itself so that their table entries can be left alone.  I've gotten so used to hacking the models that I'm fine with doing it, but pretty much anyone else should fix them by reconverting them with the correct number of LODs.  The way I've done it leaves an extra unused subobject in the POF, which isn't memory-effective, but which isn't hurting anything otherwise as the LOD object has no parent and won't ever render.

That last warning is wrong.  The Satis has a 4-point dock path.  I haven't looked at its container, but I've never seen that as a problem before.  It shouldn't be doing that and the Satis POF itself is just fine as-is.
who needs a signature? ;)
It's not much of an excuse for a website, but my stuff can be found here

"Holding the last thread on a page comes with an inherent danger, especially when you are edit-happy with your posts.  For you can easily continue editing in points without ever noticing that someone else could have refuted them." ~Me, on my posting behavior

Last edited by StratComm on 08-23-2027 at 08:34 PM

question.....i was playing one of the mission on warzone and everything work great....but some weapons on teh cap ships look different and the flank cannons doen't look like from 367......now i dont' want to be an asshole from this but do i need to use the patch100 or if i can figure how to use to do a screen shot to be more specific on what i'm trying to get??

Offline taylor

• Super SCP/Linux Guru
    • http://www.icculus.org/~taylor
Check that nameplate, taylor converted a bunch of them to DDS with alpha padding rather than scaling so I'd bet that's what's wrong with the texture.
Yeah but I fixed that with an update.  This is actually going back to that question I had earlier, where my Orion model had a  proper nameplate on it but those new Orion nameplates were actually replacing part of the hull.  It's an obvious tell from that picture that the nameplate is on the opposite side of where those new namplates went on the Orion.  In that case the nameplates I converted are being used on the wrong part of the ship.  I assume that the namplates and/or missions just need to fixed to do the right thing.  If the missions are right (bet so) then the namplates need to be redone to have just the name (rather than the hull) for all of the Orion's (I think there was about 5 of those).

Offline StratComm

• The POFressor
  • Cameron Crazy
I'm guessing this may not have gotten your fix.  I keep telling myself that I'll look at it before the night's over.

EDIT: Yep, it must be from an interum build.  The destroyer nameplates do indeed have transparent padding on the ends.

EDIT2: If you don't want to pull down the whole pack again, here are the fixed plates.  Unless there's more than just the five, that should fix the mapping issues.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2005, 11:53:48 pm by StratComm »

"Holding the last thread on a page comes with an inherent danger, especially when you are edit-happy with your posts.  For you can easily continue editing in points without ever noticing that someone else could have refuted them." ~Me, on my posting behavior

Offline WMCoolmon

• Purveyor of space crack
Thanks. :) One small note though, it looks like the nameplates in your patch are uncompressed DDS, whereas the ones in the full pack are compressed. 3x difference, but they're only 128 kb anyways, so it's not a big deal.

Looks like the one main bug left is the beams.
-C

Offline StratComm

• The POFressor
  • Cameron Crazy
Gimp didn't give me a choice in compression formats that time.  Not sure why.  I was assuming that they were saving back in the same format that they loaded in, but I guess I was mistaken.  The better option would be to find Taylor's patch really, that was just a quick make-sure-it-gets-in fix.

Offline MetalDestroyer

• Starwars reborn!
Is there the explosion effect from TBP 3.2 in ?

@WMC i think the mv_effect-wep.tbm has something to do with the missing beamglow.anis. Replacing the effect pack with an older version will bring them back.  Also using older builds (e.g. november builds) results in lots of parsing errors. Maybe this can help. But i have no idea, what could be wrong with the tbm. The entries seem to be right.

Offline Col. Fishguts

• voodoo doll
Looking at WMCs pic .....is there a stars.tbl with only Lightspeed's nebulas, and :v:'s versions thrown out ? And a main campaign with non-randomly placed nebulas and the starfield skybox to go with it, or is that still being worked on ?
"I don't think that people accept the fact that life doesn't make sense. I think it makes people terribly uncomfortable. It seems like religion and myth were invented against that, trying to make sense out of it." - D. Lynch

Visit The Babylon Project, now also with HTL flavour  ¦ GTB Rhea

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
i think there's already a starfield skybox, cause i saw a ****load of stars when i played the main FS2 campaign.
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline taylor

• Super SCP/Linux Guru
    • http://www.icculus.org/~taylor
model_fixes.zip
Something appears to be wrong with fighter06.pof, it's crashing on me during model load.  I haven't checked for sure yet but it may be off by a int on the read before it gets to the cross section info.

And I don't know if anyone cares but I use a different starfield bitmap for the skybox than what's in the MediaVPs since that one is a bit plain for my tastes.  The one I use is largely similar but has more variation in star patterns and brightness as well as some more blues and light reds.  I tend to change it every once and a while (when ever I notice something I'd like to chance) but here is the current version.  It's DDS rather than TGA but still 2048x2048 (ie. it uses about 10meg less memory).

Offline WMCoolmon

According to modelview:

Error #6019:
Too many cross sections.
Is: 1082472362, Should be <=64

The reason beamglows aren't working is code-related.
-C

Offline StratComm

• The POFressor
  • Cameron Crazy
Damnit.  I checked it's stability but I did so with PCS.  Let me try again.

Offline Raven2001

• Machina Terra Reborn
  • Im not the droid your looking for, move along
Ahem, WMCoolmon, I'd like to see credit given to me for the modelling of the HTL Hecate... GalEmp textured and converted it (and did an heck of a job too), but I spent 3 weeks comming up with all those polys :D
Yeah, I know you were waiting for a very nice sig, in which I was quoting some very famous scientist or philosopher... guess what?!? I wont indulge you...

Why, you ask? What, do I look like a Shivan to you?!?

Raven is a god.

Offline StratComm

• The POFressor
  • Cameron Crazy
Fixed the Herc.  fighter06.pof

I think the problem was that I removed the entry for LOD5 and fixed the chunk length to match (which is why PCS let it through) but missed changing the number of LODs that precedes it.  It's cleared up now, and I've tested it in pretty much every way I know how.

Offline StratComm

• The POFressor
  • Cameron Crazy
This is better suited to a "patch" thread, but if this is still in beta then great.  Obviously, I'll be submitting the Medusa (download).  Also, Turambar has worked on the Medusa maps a little, and I'm hosting those until they can get in too.  (download the maps)

Also, I'm heading home shortly and will be away from my primary computer for about 3 weeks.  I'll be checking in regularly but my ability to actually fix things will be greatly deminished.

Offline WMCoolmon

Beams should be fixed with the next CVS build.

And, crap, no StratComm? Who will fix all the new models!? :(
-C

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
your mother. :p
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

hey guys....i've somewhat ran into another problem....now i don't know if any of you guys caught this, but when everything goes fine with teh models, effects and everything, then i go play, then all the sudden after a min or two it just frose right up...

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
what video card do you have?