Author Topic: Need help for Campaign  (Read 5130 times)

Offline Grey Wolf

Need help for Campaign
For my upcoming campaign, "The Sword, The Hammer, and the Sun," I'm going to need some help.

3D Modeler: Don't care what program. It's just that whenever I make a model it looks screwed up and has holes in it.

Texture Applier: Has to have TS. All I have is TS2 Trial and for some reason the mapping is screwed up.

Map Converter: Needs to have a paint program that allows opening/saving of PCX files and allowing you to set color depth.

If you want to sign on, just post here.  I'll give you credit in the credits and preference in future campaigns. I'll mail the info for campaign and files for editing through e-mail.

------------------
Webmaster of GTD Wolf

"It could be worse."

"'Tis only a flesh wound!"
You see things; and you say "Why?" But I dream things that never were; and I say "Why not?" -George Bernard Shaw

Offline Sushi

• Art Critic
Well, for the Map Converter I suggest you download Irfanview(just do a Google search.) It does very nice color depth changes-I've shifted BMP files from 24-bit to 256-color with almost no visible loss in detail.

------------------
Sushi- the OTHER white meat!

Velocity Mod

Offline Grey Wolf

Thanks for the help, Sushi.
You see things; and you say "Why?" But I dream things that never were; and I say "Why not?" -George Bernard Shaw

Offline Grey Wolf

Still need the 3D Modeler and Texture Applier.

Offline NeoHunter

• Primo Novus Venator
No need for FRED2 Programmers?

------------------
...and one day, Man will journey farther and faster into Space. - My thoughts

GTD Excellence Webmaster
NeoHunter<                      [b][email protected][/b]                                    >

Offline Setekh

• Jar of Clay
    • Hard Light Productions
He is a FRED2-er.  
- Eddie Kent Woo, Setekh, Steak (of Steaks), AWACS. Seriously, just pick one.
HARD LIGHT PRODUCTIONS, now V3.0. Bringing Modders Together since January 2001.
THE HARD LIGHT ARRAY. Always makes you say wow.

Offline Martinus

• Aka Maeglamor
    • Hard Light Productions
Hellooo!!

3D modeller at your service. Do you want me to work from pics or is it a little imaginative thinking that's required?

Offline Grey Wolf

I got some concept sketches, so I'll mail them to you.

Offline Martinus

• Aka Maeglamor
    • Hard Light Productions
Hmmm, this seems a little simple. What is it? A fighter or something bigger? Give me some idea and I'll come up with something snazzy. For ideas go to

My Site

Offline Grey Wolf

Did you read the top? It said GTXD Mars. It's a destroyer! I couldn't come up with anything other than a vague ouline. So come up with whatever you want as long as it follows the rough design I gave you.  It's supposed to be 2-4 times bigger than the Orion. I know you'll come up with something good.  

Offline Martinus

• Aka Maeglamor
    • Hard Light Productions
Whoops, me being too eager again  

Do you have any kind of model viewer? It's just that I may have something already built that could fit the bill.

3D explorer would be ideal.

[This message has been edited by Maeglamor (edited 04-01-2001).]

Offline Grey Wolf

I have 3D Explorer. Either e-mail it to me at [email protected] or post a link on this forum. If you're dine with this I'll send you another concept sketch. This one's a lot more complete.

Offline Martinus

• Aka Maeglamor
    • Hard Light Productions
Are you in the UK Grey wolf?

model

[This message has been edited by Maeglamor (edited 04-02-2001).]

Offline NeoHunter

• Primo Novus Venator
Um. Can you don't make the link go to a 3dm file? You caused my computer tohang.

------------------
...and one day, Man will journey farther and faster into Space. - My thoughts

GTD Excellence Webmaster
NeoHunter<                      [b][email protected][/b]                                    >

Offline Martinus

• Aka Maeglamor
    • Hard Light Productions
Yikes! IT hung because of the link?!?

I'll try a fix  

I don't know if it'll do the same but I relinked to a zip file instead. Happy surfing  

[This message has been edited by Maeglamor (edited 04-02-2001).]

Offline Setekh

• Jar of Clay
    • Hard Light Productions
Ouch.  
- Eddie Kent Woo, Setekh, Steak (of Steaks), AWACS. Seriously, just pick one.
HARD LIGHT PRODUCTIONS, now V3.0. Bringing Modders Together since January 2001.
THE HARD LIGHT ARRAY. Always makes you say wow.

Offline Martinus

• Aka Maeglamor
    • Hard Light Productions
I've just been noticing this valued member thingy.

Setekh, is there a "lack of common sense member" category? I'd like to volinteer to be the first  

When it comes to lack of common sense I go far above and beyond the call of duty.

Offline Grey Wolf

No, I'm in the US. In Central New York (Middle of Nowhere TM). I just use Another because all of the free E-Mail services I can find in the US either suck or have spam problems.

------------------
Webmaster of GTD Wolf

"It could be worse."

"'Tis only a flesh wound!"

Offline Grey Wolf

Just got a look at that model.  It's perfect!  We may have to resize it, but other than that it's great!    I have one question though, does it have any turrets?  I didn't see any.

Offline Martinus

• Aka Maeglamor
    • Hard Light Productions
There are two turrets, both are for huge rotating beam cannons (the ship was initially designed as a destroyer for Homeworld).

More can be added depending on it's specification.

Oh and thanks.