Author Topic: Minecraft  (Read 580645 times)

Offline achtung

• Friendly Neighborhood Mirror Guy
  • ****in' Ace
    • Minecraft
    • Freespacemods.net
All of my rail.

That big hole I've been digging.

All of the little secret things I have built.

All of the other stuff built by everyone over the past ~2 years.

:(

A fresh start is cool, but having the old world around as read-only would also be cool. There's a lot of history there and tons of stuff to explore. I'll definitely be downloading and seeding the torrent, and I may host the old world.
FreeSpaceMods.net | FatHax | ??????
In the wise words of Charles de Gaulle, "China is a big country, inhabited by many Chinese."

Formerly known as Swantz

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
I mean, for me personally, I've worked on my stuff at a pace that makes snails seem fast, and I haven't built anything grandiose, but I still feel like I put a decent amount of work into what I have, especially that redstone monstrosity that took me hours of wall-banging to figure out.  I like the area I'm in, and there are still things I'd like to try to do there.  I know I could always download the map, which I plan to, but it wouldn't really be the same.  Lord knows I haven't touched my original SP map in months.

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
For the record, I agree that keeping the current world in some form or another would be ideal.
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

Offline Alex Heartnet

• Loli with a hammer
    • Minecraft
Can you add me to the server?  I wanna take a look at what people have been doing...

(And yes, my construction skills have improved somewhat.)

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
As far as I know, we don't have any sort of whitelist/permissions setup, so you should be able to join whenever.

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
This would be a third fresh start...

i kinda lack motivation for it. Nothing I build now can possibly match New TrashMania.
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Offline FireSpawn

• Lives in GenDisc
    • Minecraft

i kinda lack motivation for it. Nothing I build now can possibly match New TrashMania.

Then build a new New TrashMania. This time with 65.9% more Mania!
If you hit it and it bleeds, you can kill it. If you hit it and it doesn't bleed...You are obviously not hitting hard enough.

Greatest Pirate in all the Beach System.

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.
The Force shall free me.

Offline deathfun

• Hey man. Peace. *Car hits them* Frakking hippies
    • Minecraft

And 100% less Trash
"No"

Offline TrashMan

• Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR

Weren't you listening?

Pure survial. Reproducing New Trashmania is impossible...well, MAYBE if if spend the rest of my life doing nothing but that...

Offline pecenipicek

• Roast Chicken
  • Powered by copious amounts of coffee and nicotine
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • PeceniPicek's own deviantart page
BelisariusGreen, Retsof, you can now get on to my server and play. same with the rest of you.

the rules are simple:
1. Dont be a dick to other players.
2. Dont build smack dab near someone else unless they specifically told you you can.
3. Griefing will not be tolerated.
4. Unprotected chests are NOT an open invitation to loot them freely. Unless there's a sign above it saying that you can in fact loot it.
5. Flying mods of any kind are banned unless you are cleared for it by me.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2012, 11:06:43 am by pecenipicek »
Ho, ho, ho, to the bottle I go
to heal my heart and drown my woe!
Rain may fall and wind may blow,
and many miles be still to go,
but under a tall tree I will lie!

The Apocalypse Project needs YOU! - recruiting info thread.

Damn, after all the secret work I've been doing for the intrepid adventurer and explorer, as well as all the stuff I made out in the open, it'll all get wiped out? That's one heck of a bummer... If there no way to make it multiverse (and with multiverse that also means you can explore both the old and new one right?) that will have been a lot of work and history gone..

Qaz, I hope you can find a way to keep the work of others through multiverse, there's just too much good stuff to just disappear or be turned into a static museum through a torrent.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2012, 12:32:36 pm by JCDNWarrior »
I'm all about getting the most out of games, so whenever I discover something very strange or push the limits, I upload them here:

http://www.youtube.com/user/JCDentonCZ

-----------------

"Do you begin to see, then, what kind of world we are creating? It is the exact opposite of the stupid hedonistic Utopias that the old reformers imagined. A world of fear and treachery and torment, a world of trampling and being trampled upon, a world which will grow not less but more merciless as it refines itself. Progress in our world will be progress to more pain."
- George Orwell

Offline FireSpawn

• Lives in GenDisc
    • Minecraft

Weren't you listening?

Pure survial. Reproducing New Trashmania is impossible...well, MAYBE if if spend the rest of my life doing nothing but that...

That's why I said "more Mania", as it will drive you insane as you try to rebuild. It would be one hell of a comunity project though, imagine the size of the quarry for the wall!
If you hit it and it bleeds, you can kill it. If you hit it and it doesn't bleed...You are obviously not hitting hard enough.

The Force shall free me.

So, one relevant question might be . . though people will want to distance themselves from other builds, does Qaz have any sort of exploration restrictions? I know there were some concerns about exploration last time with regards to the map getting too big and the server suffering as a result of it.

Offline TrashMan

• Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR

Weren't you listening?

That's why I said "more Mania", as it will drive you insane as you try to rebuild. It would be one hell of a comunity project though, imagine the size of the quarry for the wall!

I wouldn't call New Trashmania a community project. Tommo, Corpsepuppet and DJ built a house there and leant a hand occasionaly, but that's about it.

Speaking of which, qaz you might want to trim the world a bit before you pack it - remove the explored areas to keep the world size down.

Offline FireSpawn

• Lives in GenDisc
    • Minecraft
What I'm saying is that it could be a community project. A bit like the fenris, only not so intimidatingly immense.

The Force shall free me.

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
What I'm saying is that it could be a community project. A bit like the fenris, only not so intimidatingly immense.
But why would anyone wanna do that?
Urutorahappī!!

[02:42] <@Axem> spoon somethings wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> critically wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> im happy with these missions now
[02:44] <@Axem> well
[02:44] <@Axem> with 2 of them

Offline FireSpawn

• Lives in GenDisc
    • Minecraft
But why would anyone wanna do that?

So that we don't have to just up and go off on our own. And if making a medival town doesn't float your cubic boat, we could always try building HLP Station.

The Force shall free me.

Without creative just build something smaller, more detailed and intricate. Larger projects tend to have the problem of not getting finished (of which trashmania's skeletal wall may be an indication). Instead of being the God Emperor in your kingdom be the Dark Wizard in your stronghold. Or maybe the God Emperor in Exile in an alien land.

I would agree with spoon though that I don't really see the need for people to recreate older projects. The whole server is a community project essentially, and everyone adds to it. If two or more people want to combine their resources to build a joint project that's cool though.

Weren't you listening?

I wouldn't call New Trashmania a community project. Tommo, Corpsepuppet and DJ built a house there and leant a hand occasionaly, but that's about it.

Speaking of which, qaz you might want to trim the world a bit before you pack it - remove the explored areas to keep the world size down.

Who's this DJ fellow? :P

Anyway, if for some reason we can't keep our old work then I do hope that a new Trashmania will emerge as well as everyone else's new work and ideas. Nonetheless, hope Qaz can comment on this soon.

Also, server seems down, is this because of the switch or something else temporarily?
I'm all about getting the most out of games, so whenever I discover something very strange or push the limits, I upload them here:

http://www.youtube.com/user/JCDentonCZ

-----------------

"Do you begin to see, then, what kind of world we are creating? It is the exact opposite of the stupid hedonistic Utopias that the old reformers imagined. A world of fear and treachery and torment, a world of trampling and being trampled upon, a world which will grow not less but more merciless as it refines itself. Progress in our world will be progress to more pain."
- George Orwell

Offline CommanderDJ

• Software engineer
    • Minecraft

Who's this DJ fellow? :P

*snip*

That would be me. I do pop in occasionally, and I built my first ever residence in Trash's empire. I have since moved away from there, so I don't know whether it's still standing or not.
[16:57] <CommanderDJ> What prompted the decision to split WiH into acts?
[16:58] <battuta> it was long, we wanted to release something
[16:58] <battuta> it felt good to have a target to hit
[17:00] <RangerKarl> not sure if talking about strike mission, or jerking off
[17:00] <CommanderDJ> WUT
[17:00] <CommanderDJ> hahahahaha
[17:00] <battuta> hahahaha
[17:00] <RangerKarl> same thing really, if you think about it