Author Topic: Quick Patch Idea  (Read 2504 times)

Offline Zarax

Hello,
It seems that the source code project will take VERY long (as it should be), but in the meantime some quick patches can be released for the modding community.
One i would like to see is raising TBL, #Ships and poly limits at least 20% over actual ones...
I'm making a MOD wich involves huge ships and dozens fighters and bombers, in many mission both FRED and freespace cannot withstand the huge amount of stuff...
Too bad...
If you can make it i would be very grateful...
The Best is Yet to Come

Offline Fineus

• ...But you *have* heard of me.
  • Administrator
    • Hard Light Productions
I think your chances of this happening are much better once the FS Source Project gets off the ground. With that up and running we'll hopefully have a collective of people working hard on the source code and should release it in "stages" as it gets updated. Developers can download these updates to work with and make sure they have the latest version and so on... at least thats how I understand it's supposed to work :)

Offline Alikchi

• Neo-Terran
  • Spooky ghost (RIP)
Check out DTP's little mod, it fixes most of those little things :)
I've used it to add ships to Inferno..the Colossus lasts even shorter than it used to in fact.
"Going too far and caring too much about a subject is the best way to make friends that I know."
- Sarah Vowell

Offline IceFire

• GTVI Section 3
    • http://www.3dap.com/hlp/hosted/ce
I think your chances of this happening are much better once the FS Source Project gets off the ground.

Yes....we've got to get that one rolling :D
- IceFire
BlackWater Ops, Cold Element
"Burn the land, boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me..."

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
Originally posted by Thunder
I think your chances of this happening are much better once the FS Source Project gets off the ground.

Well said, well said. It's been some time now and yet nothing...

Offline Zarax

Originally posted by Alikchi
Check out DTP's little mod, it fixes most of those little things :)
I've used it to add ships to Inferno..the Colossus lasts even shorter than it used to in fact.

Where can I download DTP MOD?
The Best is Yet to Come

Offline Grey Wolf

You see things; and you say "Why?" But I dream things that never were; and I say "Why not?" -George Bernard Shaw

Offline WMCoolmon

• Purveyor of space crack
Originally posted by Zarax
I'm making a MOD wich involves huge ships and dozens fighters and bombers, in many mission both FRED and freespace cannot withstand the huge amount of stuff...

This sounds remarkably like Battle of Endor syndrome, not TBL limits.
-C

Offline Zarax

No...
I'm trying to recreate more "historically" accurate battles, like the ones in WWII...
This would involve hundred airplanes and at least 2 o 3 capships at once...
Try to think about the forces that were deployed in the battle of midway and you'll see why there is need for increased tbl limits
The Best is Yet to Come