Author Topic: Download mirrors  (Read 52212 times)

Offline Col. Fishguts

• voodoo doll
Since the official hard-light.net downloads are disabled for now, I've uploaded all relevant releases to myDataBus.com (which allows direct linking)

So there you go.

Base files/updates (install in this order):

TBP Base 3.2 (262 MB) Mirror 1

TBP 3.3 update (21MB) Mirror 1 Mirror 2 Mirror 3

TBP 3.3a patch (40 MB) Mirror 1 Mirror 2

Campaigns:

Earth-Minbari War 2.0 (34 MB) Mirror Mirror 2

Raider Wars 2.0 (155 MB) Mirror 1

Raider Wars 2.02 update (620 KB) Mirror

Mission Pack 1.0 (760 KB) Mirror 1 Mirror 2  Mirror 3

More missions and campaigns can be found on madaboutgames' page: http://heatemup.relichost.net/

Orhpeus' "Drums of War - Chapter 1" : http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php/topic,46936.0.html

Additional mirrors are always welcome. Post in this thread if you can host some of these files somewhere.

EDIT: Additional mirrors added, thanks to hamaxp :)
EDIT: Mirrors at Hades Combine, courtesy of Krackers87: http://hades-combine.com/web/index.php?ind=downloads&op=section_view&idev=76
« Last Edit: May 07, 2007, 03:15:48 am by Col. Fishguts »
"I don't think that people accept the fact that life doesn't make sense. I think it makes people terribly uncomfortable. It seems like religion and myth were invented against that, trying to make sense out of it." - D. Lynch

Visit The Babylon Project, now also with HTL flavour  ¦ GTB Rhea

Offline Madmax

thanks 6 million!
I thought this project was dead 2 years ago
and blind luck I found it was not
early Christmas only to find all links down!
thanks again!

Offline RedKing

Hi, Thanks for these.

I downloaded the BASE release 3.2 and some other files also, from www.aeoncube.com.

I haven't checked to see if it's nukeware, but just to let you know it's out there.

Keep up the good work.

Rhuaidhri

Offline Centrixo

i havent seen babylon 5 for ages, almost 10 years it would be nice to see it again. and live as a pilot within the babylon era and that massive slipgate.
Would you like to have a piece of duct tape shoved up your arse? - 'Duct Tape man', Derelict.

"You never know what your going to find until you take a look" - Snipes, Fs2.

Terwin Castronenves:"Centrixo, your car is slow, bye bye" *zoom*.
Centrixo:*sigh!* Damn!.

Is there a download mirror for the heatemup website?
We Live for the One
We DIE for the One

Hiya... I just tried to download the files through these mirrors.  Can't get a connection.
I have a ton of bandwidth (700kbs) and I've tried through both IE and Firefox to no avail.
I was able to download part of the core and campaign earlier today- but it froze about 5 minutes in.  Haven't been able to start up since.

Suggestions?

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
Works here, did you try if http://www.mydatabus.com/ works?

Offline Sachiel

The mirrors don't seem to work for me.  All I get is an empty file.

Offline Col. Fishguts

• voodoo doll
As Fury said, test if you can reach http://www.mydatabus.com/ .  Maybe your ISP or firewall is blocking it for some obscure reason.

The downloads work, I just tried it from another PC.
"I don't think that people accept the fact that life doesn't make sense. I think it makes people terribly uncomfortable. It seems like religion and myth were invented against that, trying to make sense out of it." - D. Lynch

Visit The Babylon Project, now also with HTL flavour  ¦ GTB Rhea

Offline Sachiel

Hmmm...  That was odd.  I could access the site's main page just fine, but the download itself was getting messed up by my firewall.  I had to lower it for the download.  If I didn't, I just got a file that was zero bytes in size.  Maybe it's because MyDataBus doesn't give my browser an actual file size when the download is started.

I first downloaded the files with IE7 but the files were corrupted, so I used firefox and everything was fine :-)

Does anyone know if the Stand Alone missions listed on The Babylon Project page are still avalible?

Offline Asprin

Hello. I need some help with the links: when i try to download any of this elements (EMW, RW or RW update), MYDATABUS.COM reports me: "This user has exceeded their quota for public file downloads today. Try again later!" :( I've registered there but it has not helped. What i do wrong?  :wtf:
QuantreTech Studios

I think mydatabus has a download limit. I've seen the same message. I think it resets daily but I don't know for sure.

The Babylon Project is around somewhere, don't know where offhand. The last time I tried to download it (when I found it) it was so slow I gave up.

<edit>
Here you go:
http://www.fileplanet.com/80741/download/The-Babylon-Project-(Core-Files)

I have no idea why the all the official pages have broken links.
And Fileplanet sucks.

<edit> Actually, it's downloading very nicely now, I installed their download manager.
<eit> That can't be the correct file, it's tbp-core_1.exe and only 60 MB.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2007, 08:32:20 pm by Huggybaby »

So, does ANYONE have a link to the 3.2 base that's not on mydatabus?

If I can find it I'll upload it somewhere else.

Thanks,

Huggybaby

Offline Creash

I totally know where you guys are coming from for those these links haven't worked with....  :(

I reformatted my computer recently and lost Babylon Project, only to find that the files were almost impossible to get when I went to re-download them!  I searched for hours for any other website that may have hosted them, but to no avail.

Finally, I came back to this page in the wee hours of the morning, and found I COULD download them!  :D  If I had to guess, it may have been because less people were on trying to DL them so as to make it possible.  I have no idea, but can tell you the links do work.

My advice, though you do at your own risk (and sanity  :lol:), get online at a random hour (3 AM, 5 AM, etc.) and try to download them.  Most folks are asleep, and this may better your chances.

Good luck folks!  I am burning a copy of these files onto a CD and my Flash Drive in case they me be lost for public DL...or completely for that matter  :sigh:

Thanks for the heads up, I totally forgot to keep checking. Downloading now! (It's fast too).

My guess is that mydatabus has a bandwidth cap that's reset every 24 hrs.

I'll put them up somewhere else tomorrow. Should be a 6 hour upload.  :rolleyes:

Hmm, can I only get one file at a time?  :mad:

Offline Creash

Good to hear Huggy!  :D  It's a great game.  These folks at Hard-Light know what they are doing!

Yep, it'll be linked in my sig tomorrow sometime, I'm overdue to hit the sack.

1. So, may I presume that the "tbp-core_1.exe" I found elsewhere is obsolete?

2. I'd rather install the game, then zip up the folder. It would be easier to distribute that way than the separate patches. Is there a problem with that idea?

3. Can I use the 3.6.9 exe with TBP? The installation procedure mentions 3.6.7, and editing tables, and has a bad link to a cube map....

PS. Babylon 5 is the only science fiction show I've enjoyed since classic Star Trek. When it went from broadcast to cable I was crushed. I refuse to pay for cable. J. Michael Straczynski is fantastic. The writing he did on the Spiderman comics was awesome.

« Last Edit: January 06, 2007, 03:29:24 am by Huggybaby »

Offline Creash

I hear ya Huggy.  Babylon 5 is veeeeeeery well written and hits upons all kinds of issues in society and human nature very very well.  Been an addict since I first saw it and have all the DvD Season Collections and Movie Packs out there for it.

As for 3.6.9, I learned via trying to fix some issues with the Wing Commander Saga Prologue stand-alone to work you DON'T want to put it with B5.  It doesn't work with B5, but works perfect for Freespace 2 and Wing Commander Saga Prologue.  That 3.6.7 is the one to stick to with B5.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2007, 06:44:08 pm by Creash »