Author Topic: Crytek CryEngine2 - :jaw:  (Read 3438 times)

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
« Last Edit: September 20, 2007, 09:22:21 am by jr2 »

Offline Unknown Target

• Get off my lawn!
  • Push.Pull?
Re: Crytek CryEngine2 - :jaw:
Holy mother of god. I was most impressed by the blowing of the tires and the breakable vegetation. :D

Offline Fineus

• ...But you *have* heard of me.
  • Administrator
    • Hard Light Productions
This is actually a bit dated now (its been out a while), the video I mean, but nevertheless it's hugely impressive. See if you can search out the videos of the Crytek beta. They show some of the latest stuff. Although it's only small, I was quite impressed with the frogs, birds and other wildlife that was found randomly around the place. Overall the engine looks very shiny indeed. They need to release it now though, its been a long time in coming.

Offline Col. Fishguts

• voodoo doll
Everybody can have shiny graphics these days, but I'm more impressed with the physics model implemented here. Fully destroyable buildings, vehicles and plants. Plus the procedural animation scaling is very neat too. Looking forward to this.
"I don't think that people accept the fact that life doesn't make sense. I think it makes people terribly uncomfortable. It seems like religion and myth were invented against that, trying to make sense out of it." - D. Lynch

Visit The Babylon Project, now also with HTL flavour  ¦ GTB Rhea

Offline DiabloRojo

• Como los chupacabras para desayuno.
    • Dienet - The Place You Go to Die (back after 5 years, baby!)
DO WANT!

Man, I've seen screen shots but hadn't bothered to watch a vid of it in action yet... that's phenomenal.

I am sad to see that they didn't bother with deformable terrain though.  That has yet to have been used well and Far Cry even had it...

Once nVidia hits the next launch cycle, it's SLI time...
(aka empty the checking account time...)

Offline Herra Tohtori

• The Academic
  • Bad command or file name
It's on Azureus Vuze on HD.

Definitely worth watching... My reaction to it was pretty much the same :jaw: as with most other people.

That, and the bitter knowledge of the fact that there's no snowball's chance in hell that my PC could run that. :lol:
There are three things that last forever: Abort, Retry, Fail - and the greatest of these is Fail.

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
A fried on mine got into the closed beta..I watched him play multi with some of the crytek team..I played a bit as well..

Graphics is...absolutely, positivly, totoaly amazing.
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Offline Tyrian

• Dangerous When Thinking
 :jaw:  So, lemme get this straight...  That's old?!?!  Holy God...  That's amazing...

*Presses mental reset button*

Alright, so why hasn't anyone else put this much effort into their game engines?  From what that looks like, it'll give almost any FPS, present or near future a serious run for it's money.  I just hope that the AI is able to take advantage of all that.  It could make for a really amazing gameplay experience.
Want to be famous?  Click here and become a playing card!!!

Bush (Verb) -- To do stupid things with confidence.

This year, both Groundhog Day and the State of the Union Address occurred during the same week.  This is an ironic juxtaposition of events--one involves a meaningless ritual in which we look to a creature of little intelligence for prognostication, while the other involves a groundhog.

Bumper stickers at my college:
"Republicans for Voldemort!"
"Frodo failed.  Bush got the Ring."

Resistance is futile!  (If < 1 ohm...)

"Any nation which sacrifices a little liberty for a little security deserves neither and loses both." -- Benjamin Franklin

Sig rising...

Offline Dark RevenantX

• anonymity —> animosity
Nobody else has done it for two reasons.

One, they don't have the holy-****-mother-of-god obsession with pouring 90% of their money into the graphics department.

Two, they are the aren't insane enough to create a game that nobody can run.

NDA Breakage is Below:
Spoiler:
But I can run it sorta decently on medium-low in the beta.  I expect that it will be more optimized for the final release.  I have a 2.16ghz Core 2 Duo, 7600gt (256mb), and 2gb of ddr2 667 ram.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2007, 08:52:29 pm by Dark RevenantX »

Offline IceFire

• GTVI Section 3
    • http://www.3dap.com/hlp/hosted/ce
Very very very impressive!
- IceFire
BlackWater Ops, Cold Element
"Burn the land, boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me..."

Offline Nuke

• Ka-Boom!
  • Mutants Worship Me
pretty cool, might just get it if only to give my computer a game which wont make it bored. then again if it runs slow i have the option of droping in a second 8800gts into my machine. infact i could get one now, but i dont think it would do much good as my framerate always seems to be above my monitors refresh rate in all the games ive played thus far.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2007, 02:39:24 am by Nuke »
I can no longer sit back and allow communist infiltration, communist indoctrination, communist subversion, and the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.

Nuke's Scripting SVN

Offline starfox

Impressive...MOST Impressive.  :yes:
Feels like my gear needs some upgrades in the future, no ? Well, as always...time will tell.

Rig:
A8N-SLI Premium
AMD 64 X2 4200+
GF 7950 GT
X-FI ExtremeMusic
HEC 550W
2 Gt RAM
Win XP

Offline Hades

• FINISHING MODELS IS OVERRATED
  • i wonder when my polycounts will exceed my iq
Wow this looks cool!But if I play it, it will most certainly kill my computer. :lol:
[22:29] <sigtau> Hello, #hard-light?  I'm trying to tell a girl she looks really good for someone who doesn't exercise.  How do I word that non-offensively?
[22:29] <RangerKarl|AtWork> "you look like a big tasty muffin"
----
<batwota> wouldn’t that mean that it’s prepared to kiss your ass if you flank it :p
<batwota> wow
<batwota> KILL

Offline diceman111

• Keep on playing Glottis, keep on playing.....
Hopefully my computer will be able to run it with good graphics espicially since Nvidia is finally coming up with good drivers for Vista
Flames Of War Chapter III - http://web.comhem.se/~u35702611

"If at first you don't succeed try a bigger thermonuclear weapon" - My philosophy on life

"I dont care if we smack it into her or smack it out of her just aslong as there's smacking invovled" - Max from Sam & Max Situation Comedy

I live in Sweden and before anybody ask NO we do not have polar bears walking on our streets thats Norway, we have penguins (Red ones with blue dots)

(These messages was brought to you by the people from DFWD (Diceman For World Domination))

Offline miskat

Man, that is gorgeous!  O.O

*sigh* More to watch videos of and never play, I guess.

I need to get a new computer.  >.>  Still running a 2.4ghz P4 with a Radeon 9550.  xD

*lusts after the newst quad-core crossfire machines*

Offline MetalDestroyer

• Starwars reborn!
I'm currently playing at this beta. And well, it's awesome. And the multiplayer is totally great but lack something to be perfect :D

Offline Dark RevenantX

• anonymity —> animosity
Too close to Battlefield II in the beta for my tastes.  I would have preferred if Power Struggle was more like Onslaught or Warfare in the Unreal Tournament series.

I'll probably just be playing deathmatch games rather than power struggle games...

Offline MetalDestroyer

• Starwars reborn!
Too close to Battlefield II in the beta for my tastes.  I would have preferred if Power Struggle was more like Onslaught or Warfare in the Unreal Tournament series.

I'll probably just be playing deathmatch games rather than power struggle games...

Well, this time multiplayer mode is practically the same whichever recent games you 'll play.

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
This looks very nice, but the performance reports I'm seeing on that multiplayer beta are not good. On maxed settings it apparently runs like total crap even on the best hardware you can get right now, and if you turn things down the game doesn't look nearly as good as all the screenshots and trailers show.

Still, if the gameplay and level design are good (which they do seem to be), I don't care much about the graphics.