Author Topic: Freespace 2 Shinemaps Release and Discussion Thread!  (Read 16306 times)

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Freespace 2 Shinemaps Release and Discussion Thread
Check the latest builds forum.  There's only two threads in there so it shouldn't take long to find :)
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Setekh

• Jar of Clay
    • Hard Light Productions
Make sure you're running 32-bit too, if you're using Lightspeed's new effects. :)
- Eddie Kent Woo, Setekh, Steak (of Steaks), AWACS. Seriously, just pick one.
HARD LIGHT PRODUCTIONS, now V3.0. Bringing Modders Together since January 2001.
THE HARD LIGHT ARRAY. Always makes you say wow.

Some time ago i saw (somewhere on this board) screenies of Hecate and Colosus in beautifull, shining blue-silver textures:rolleyes: . I was searching for those textures and couldn't find any link to download them :( . Could anyone help me to get those textures?
Expect the best. Be prepared for the worst.

i remember those, they really made the ships look grand.

anybody remember the name of the maker?

it could be Llivinlarge, but i'm shooting in the dark here....
just another newbie without any modding, FREDding or real programming experience

you haven't learned masochism until you've tried to read a Microsoft help file.  -- Goober5000
I've got 2 drug-addict syblings and one alcoholic whore. And I'm a ****ing sociopath --an0n
You cannot defeat Windows through strength alone. Only patience, a lot of good luck, and a sledgehammer will do the job. --StratComm

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
They were from Deep_Eyes Campaign and I don't think they were ever released.

If you want to torture yourself futher you can look here
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Hello :-)
This is lightmaps open discussion so I decided to put it here...
I just re-skined Erinyes from black into orange-gold textures but I can't convert it into shinemap. Of course I'm not a professional modder, its my first reskin of any FS ship. I know mthat many of you are working which shinemaps all the time, so I have a little request. Could anyone of you convert my textures into beautifull shinemaps?

Link to my textures (packed as .ZIP): http://dis333.w.interia.pl/freespace/Erines_Gold_Edition.zip
« Last Edit: March 20, 2004, 01:23:26 pm by 1488 »

click the link under my name
go to the SCP section
look up the shine/glow maps page.
read, act.
just another newbie without any modding, FREDding or real programming experience

you haven't learned masochism until you've tried to read a Microsoft help file.  -- Goober5000
I've got 2 drug-addict syblings and one alcoholic whore. And I'm a ****ing sociopath --an0n
You cannot defeat Windows through strength alone. Only patience, a lot of good luck, and a sledgehammer will do the job. --StratComm

Thanx a lot. I never expected that creating shinemaps is so simple.

Originally posted by karajorma
They were from Deep_Eyes Campaign and I don't think they were ever released.

If you want to torture yourself futher you can look here

Ive been looking for that thread for ages....

Yea the stuff was never released due to school and work becoming hectic for me (as u can see the posts ended on 9.12.03). I was emailed awhiles back to release those mods for the public, but I hense havent the time to organize the entire mod.

However with the new SCP stuff i have been following and with spring break on, im attempting to see if I can have the time to shine map the rest of my mods, as well as finalize them. Most of my mods r just retextures.... since my XT-02 went thru the cracks (mikhail where r u!), and it woulda looked nice....

If i can say a projected release... i'd say summer the latest, this week the earliest.