Author Topic: What are you playing right now?  (Read 620964 times)

Offline Torchwood

• Mechanical Templar
Re: What are you playing right now?
Been playing both Ace Combat 5 and Tides of Numenera. AC5 has that weirdly comforting repetitiveness that comes from being well-worn over the years. The AI fighters rush in to get clobbered immediately and obediently, you regularly rack up kill rates an order of magnitude higher than your wingmen, and there's that sweet, sweet Kobayashi Keiki OST. A little bit like JP5-powered chicken soup.

Torment, though, is oddly enough the inverse. It wears the trappings of far flung science fiction, yet a lot of the art and dialog are very much reminiscent of the weird parts of the city of Sigil (at least in Sagus Cliffs). I'm not too sold on the whole Effort thing though, spending currency to affect outcome is an accepted thing now but to me it just feels like I didn't pick the right skills or grinded enough out of the gate.
I have only one question about Tides of Numenera.

Is it a worthy sucessor to Planescape Torment?

Been playing both Ace Combat 5 and Tides of Numenera. AC5 has that weirdly comforting repetitiveness that comes from being well-worn over the years. The AI fighters rush in to get clobbered immediately and obediently, you regularly rack up kill rates an order of magnitude higher than your wingmen, and there's that sweet, sweet Kobayashi Keiki OST. A little bit like JP5-powered chicken soup.

Torment, though, is oddly enough the inverse. It wears the trappings of far flung science fiction, yet a lot of the art and dialog are very much reminiscent of the weird parts of the city of Sigil (at least in Sagus Cliffs). I'm not too sold on the whole Effort thing though, spending currency to affect outcome is an accepted thing now but to me it just feels like I didn't pick the right skills or grinded enough out of the gate.
I have only one question about Tides of Numenera.

Is it a worthy sucessor to Planescape Torment?

I haven't found a Morte, so no.

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
I'm playing through the story in Torchlight for the third time now and I'm still using a Destroyer. I have a Vanquisher and Alchemist on stand by for subsequent playthroughs. And since I've already completed the story on without mods, I'm using mods in Torchlight from here on out. :)
My blog

Quote: Tuesday, 3 October 2023 0133 UTC +8, #general
MP-Ryan
Oh you still believe in fairy tales like Santa, the Easter Bunny, and free market competition principles?

Just finished XCOM 2 again, on the harder difficulty. And let me tell you, even the easier setting was not easy, this was fairly brutal. I lost a few good soldiers, even with a little bit of save scumming.

And now, behold: The Destroyers of Aliens, the Defenders of Earth, the Smackers-Down of Baddies, the Warriors of Operation Leviathan:

I almost, ALMOST, dominated the Gatekeeper. It would have been sweet, but I settled for an Andromedon instead. And I mind controlled a few Archons, and hacked a Heavy MEC. There was a lot of carnage.

Offline 0rph3u5

• Oceans rise. Empires fall.
Horizon: Zero Dawn ... cleared the first portion of the main quest and am enjoying the open world

The "robotic animals" are a nice trick to allow for gamey-fights, but I kinda am not as impressef with them as other people are
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

"...because they are not Dragons."

Offline Kobrar44

• On Suspended Sentence
  • Let me tilerape it for you!
    • Steam
Continuing Dark Souls. Fighting Kalameet now, I have yet to survive a single hit. I guess I ask too much.
Oh guys, use that [ url ][ img ][ /img ][ /url ] :/

Offline 0rph3u5

Continuing Dark Souls. Fighting Kalameet now, I have yet to survive a single hit. I guess I ask too much.

What kind of weapon do you use?
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

Offline Kobrar44

• On Suspended Sentence
    • Steam
Zweihander. I feel it may be too slow, but I'll try some more before I use precious chunks for upgrading something else. I can usually compensate for not great reflexes with damage, but this one has just too much hp for that to matter.
I really wish I could summon Gough.

Offline Bryan See

• Has anyone really been far as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
  • Trying to redeem, but under Tiger Parents
    • Twitter
Star Wars: Rogue Squadron 3D, which was my favorite back in 1999.

EDIT: It was part of the Legends material, which means sadly Rogue Squadron will not make much appearance other than The Empire Strikes Back and Rogue One: A Star Wars Story.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2017, 09:31:31 am by Bryan See »
Bryan See - My FreeSpace Wiki User Page (Talk, Contributions)

Full Projects:
Shattered Stars

Campaigns:
Lost in the Mist - Cyrene vs. Psamtik
FreeSpace: Reunited

Ships:
GTS Hygeia, GTT Argo, SC Raguel

Tools:
FSO TC/Game template

I've been under attack by Tiger Parents like Jennifer Pan...

Offline Det. Bullock

• Madman in a box.
Star Wars: Rogue Squadron 3D, which was my favorite back in 1999.

EDIT: It was part of the Legends material, which means sadly Rogue Squadron will not make much appearance other than The Empire Strikes Back and Rogue One: A Star Wars Story.

Technically speaking Rogue Squadron doesn't exist yet in Rogue One, though they took their name from the Rogue One of the title.

If it can console you however only a few missions of that game were somewhat canonical even in the legends continuity.
"I pity the poor shades confined to the euclidean prison that is sanity." - Grant Morrison
"People assume  that time is a strict progression of cause to effect,  but *actually*  from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more  like a big ball  of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff." - The Doctor

Offline deathspeed

• i can't think of a good avatar
    • Steam
I finally got tired of fighting to get Rogue Squadron running from my CD on Windows 10, and picked it up on sale from GOG.  I don't like re-paying for content i already own, but I had already put more than $5 worth of my time into it and it still didn't run right.
Maybe someday God will give you a little pink toaster of your own.

Offline 0rph3u5

Zweihander. I feel it may be too slow, but I'll try some more before I use precious chunks for upgrading something else. I can usually compensate for not great reflexes with damage, but this one has just too much hp for that to matter.
I really wish I could summon Gough.

Zweihänder +10 vs Kalameet is difficult but not a handicap; I've seen it done before, but like all ultra greatsword-builds it takes very careful stamina management
The best training would be to do the dual guardian beasts (where you fought thd first one at the beginning of the dlc) if you haven't yet (though they might be NG+)

Ps. Due to the pvp-zone summons for Kalamet can only be found quite a way off, and I dont think there is a NPC summon for it

==================

Offline 0rph3u5

Finished Horizon: Zero Dawn

There are some lapses in story-telling and it is geared as "first in an on-going series" (but not overwhelmingly so) but the gameplay is very good and fun. Recommended A-.

==================

Offline Kobrar44

• On Suspended Sentence
    • Steam
It's been +15 for a while now.
Anyway, I've beat him carefully using a greatshield and fast attacks with no armour for situational fast rolls and stamina ring. I could totally beat him with rolling, but it was getting tiring. And now I am not satisfied.
Killing Gwyndolin in the meantime for relaxation.

Offline Sushi

• Art Critic
Having fun losing my mind in The Witness. The "story" as far as I can tell so far is a bunch of impenetrable guff but the puzzles and environment really are superlative. I'm constantly going "ooh, that's clever." And then it makes me go "Ooh, I'm clever!" Which is no mean feat, but the game is a masterclass in indirect teaching & hinting.

Still trying to gradually batter my way through X-Wing Alliance. It's slow going: the mission design is very very dated, and the game crashes far too regularly setting me back to the beginning of a 10 minute mission.

I've also been working through Hand of Fate, although I think it's going to take a while to beat the final boss & unlock the remaining cards. The endless mode is really easy to get sucked into.

Also, Trine with the wife makes for excellent couch co-op.

Offline niffiwan

• Eluder Class
Also, Trine with the wife makes for excellent couch co-op.

I need to get back into that (when work stops smashing me), my wife & I had quite a bit of fun with Trine2 co-op as well.
Creating a fs2_open.log | Red Alert Bug = Hex Edit | MediaVPs 2014: Bigger HUD gauges | 32bit libs for 64bit Ubuntu
----
Debian Packages (testing/unstable): Freespace2 | wxLauncher
----
m|m: I think I'm suffering from Stockholm syndrome. Bmpman is starting to make sense and it's actually written reasonably well...

I decided to go back and play a game I had no time for when I was working. Of coarse like FS2 it has been modded with updated graphics.

http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php?topic=93304.msg1844192#msg1844192

Offline Bryan See

• Has anyone really been far as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
  • Trying to redeem, but under Tiger Parents
    • Twitter
I'm sorry for that, but I'm not playing any games right now due to the immediate need to focus on my UPM Masters...
Bryan See - My FreeSpace Wiki User Page (Talk, Contributions)

Full Projects:
Shattered Stars

Campaigns:
Lost in the Mist - Cyrene vs. Psamtik
FreeSpace: Reunited

Ships:
GTS Hygeia, GTT Argo, SC Raguel

Tools:
FSO TC/Game template

I've been under attack by Tiger Parents like Jennifer Pan...

lord help me, the Mojave's got me again

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
Is it that mod that adds a new area by any chance?
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png