Author Topic: War in Heaven P1 Voice Acting Call, Take 2  (Read 40693 times)

Offline An4ximandros

• Transabyssal metastatic event
Re: War in Heaven P1 Voice Acting Call, Take 2
I apologize for not submitting anything yet, trying to get the voices just right without overdoing it is harder than I anticipated...

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
That's what our voice direction is for.

I apologize for the bluntness of my last post. The past three months have been hell. I've separated from the military, I'm in Iowa, skint, and my baby Thunderbird is starting to fall apart. My fiance also called off our entire relationship for reasons only known to her. On Friday night a small thing that merely irritated me shoved me into a slide to borderline depression.

During these past three or four months I have not looked at any of the voice-acting stuff, period, whereas before that I actually tried finding the ones that I missed, only to find out that 'HEY GUYS EXERCISE (basically war games, if you didn't understand)' or just being plain tired. As I prepare to move into the "other uniformed service" at a Hardee's until I figure out what I want to go to school for, things should be a little calmer and I can actually make the effort to put the passion I had at the start of this little adventure back in.
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline Husker

Ouch, hope you get everything back to normal.

I am sorry to hear that Cobra. I understand a lot of what you are going through first-hand and relate as far as able. Keep relentless determination and singular focus, and let these make you impervious. You can artificially undermine depressive episodes that way. What has worked well for me is creating complex problems or treating minor elements of my life as such and distracting myself from my malaise with intense focus. I don't know if that would help. Unless you are completely shot for time, it couldn't hurt to use what you are passionate about as such a distraction, when it is not necessary to consider the immediate situation.

Even though you indicated you won't be able to work on voicing for War in Heaven in the near future, at least until you have garnered some stability, would you still be willing to send a few audition segments for several roles? I wouldn't mind making a few recordings and holding onto them until a more opportune time. I have a male Midwestern accent that is higher in pitch but very technical and somewhat cold.

Most of the characters I can relate to are in Act III, but I wouldn't mind auditioning for any of these in Acts I and II: "Ken", Admiral Steele, Admiral Calder, Xinny, Captain Telfer.
If my voice works well, I am always open to other roles.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2013, 02:02:33 am by Kara Thrace »

Whoa, wait a minute, I didn't audition for Steele because I was told he was cast.  If you're looking I'll bust out the recording setup and start working on the voice right now. 

Edit:  You know what?  Screw that, I'll start recording every male or gender-variable voice I don't have on file.  As for what I do, if anyone on your end who's listened to what I've submitted thinks I could do something better, tell me and I'll re-record.  I just went through some of the files and personally think some of my acting was a little flat. 
« Last Edit: October 01, 2013, 06:56:58 pm by Renegade Paladin »
"Courage is the complement of fear.  A fearless man cannot be courageous.  He is also a fool." -- Robert Heinlein

Shrugs, I've just been a lurker on this forum for a very long time with several accounts. I haven't even been told anything about whose been cast and who hasn't...except what is listed as available on the first page. I would love to be apart of blue planet in some capacity, as I've been playing it since its inception and it is one of my favorite mods, if not games. With difficulties in my life for the last decade, I have never really had the time to participate, and I guess I have never really considered it before, being a loner.

There's no need to get defensive; for all I know I might not even be considered for anything if even acknowledged because I am, for all intents and purposes, a newbie here, regardless of how long I have been playing freespace.

Edit: In general, I am a nobody.
Side note: The amount of autonomy and exemption this can create is extraordinary. It also has its drawbacks.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2013, 10:41:26 pm by Kara Thrace »

I'm also a nobody, or was when I auditioned for Age of Aquarius.   :)  Don't let that stop you. 
"Courage is the complement of fear.  A fearless man cannot be courageous.  He is also a fool." -- Robert Heinlein

I agree with your sentiment! Though, I didn't mean to imply that being a nobody was a display of belittlement. It's just a description a social relation in this particular context with a cryptic subtext out of context. Some subcultures implicitly self-regulate. Given that I haven't participated here and possess little empirical data, I was just indicating that I am not intending to present my desire to audition for a role(s) in a brash manner that fails to acknowledge that there may be long-standing protocols of the community to which I am not attuned. This is overly verbose and kills conversation, so it goes.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2013, 12:33:10 am by Kara Thrace »

Eh, I do the same thing.  But very few projects are in a position to throw out potential voice actors over protocol even if there was such a thing; demand far exceeds supply. 

Offline Bryan See

• Has anyone really been far as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
  • Trying to redeem, but under Tiger Parents
    • Twitter
I came to see this thread around here, but I would like to see someone voice acted Noemi Laporte. Cobra, I think you should consider these voice actresses in voicing the WiH player character below:

M. Sieiro Garcia
Bernadette M. Groves
Laura Post
April Sadowski (though there are rates over voice-overs, but you can try at your own risk)

Hope this helps
Bryan See - My FreeSpace Wiki User Page (Talk, Contributions)

Full Projects:
Shattered Stars

Campaigns:
Lost in the Mist - Cyrene vs. Psamtik
FreeSpace: Reunited

Ships:
GTS Hygeia, GTT Argo, SC Raguel

Tools:
FSO TC/Game template

I've been under attack by Tiger Parents like Jennifer Pan...

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Whoa, Cobra, I'm sorry things have been so ****ty. Somehow I missed this up until now.  :(

I'm stepping up right now to do some script work and contact actors. I'll try to push things forward.

My condolences Cobra, suffered some similar things after my first tour in Afghanistan ended last year. Different story, same genre, the authors are kissing cousins.

I hope things look up for you in the not too distant future. If you find that you have a taste for "Other Uniformed Services" that doesn't include fast food, I can point you in the direction of some decent state, local, and federal law enforcement resources. (Edit: By which I mean employment, lol)

When you guys reboot the voice calls, I'd be interested in knowing what's up. I've an unfortunate personal and professional tendency towards a Joe Friday-esque monotone, but I'm game if it helps.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
Getting lines in for Laporte right now, and I'm currently sorting our auditions into finals for as many roles as I can. I'll let you guys know how close we are to done.

edits with comments:

Bigchunk I ****in' love your croc hunter Prathanya. Scotty, your Kassim is really pretty strong.

Can anyone contact Orcinus?

« Last Edit: January 09, 2014, 05:54:30 pm by General Battuta »

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
Also need up to date contact info for Son of Orion if anyone's in touch.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
Mongoose your mic quality is excellent but your Scorpio 1 just needs a little more...Old Spice Guy.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
Need a good:

Scorpio 1. I need swagger!
Vikrant Control. Nobody's bringing the necessary gravitas to the role right now. You're the deuteragonist of Space Moby Dick.
Vatican Control. Norbert's doing a pretty good job, but I want to hear some real heroes.
UEF Marines, Alpha 6 - Renegade Paladin's got your back. We need a badass marine commander (man or woman) to lead the attack.\
UEC Auxerre - you're in charge of a UEF Torpedo Strike division. I need a captain's voice, man or woman.
Shuduhune Alpha 1 - need some ladies for this cool-as-cryogen strike leader.
Random FleetNet 2 - lot of brave attempts on all that brevity code but not enough Tragic Resignation
Random FleetNet 3 - Consider method acting someone who's just watched 24 people drown on their own vomit.

Kyoto Control - this is a really tough pair of lines, we need The Best.
Insuperable Control - not as tough a pair of lines, but I'd still like to see a few more shots at it.
GTT Sampson - give me some GTVA cool, properly ruffled.
GTCv Medea - I can't cast Buckshee Rounds as EVERY SINGLE GTVA corvette
GTCv Marcus Glaive - The Boss of Serkr needs a little more cold detachment.
Artemis Gamma 3 - You have one line but it's in the legendary opening cinematic. Nail it.

Eris Strike Saturation 1 - nobody sounded adequately cool and loaded with Warhammers
Really this goes for most of the Eris roles. Y'all gettin' owned by this lady Flynn from some other site.

Ensign Vineto - Mongoose almost has this one in the bag, but I'd like to hear a few more takes.
Ensign Camerone - need a good lady for this one, Miroki Tong is in too many roles already
Dea Icaunis Control - Again, fight with Mongoose for this role. Pretty straightforward.
Cormorant Officer - you're in the opening cutscene, bring your A Game

Argent Mist Control - make me BELIEEEEEVE your hull is fracturing
Anjaneya - hmm, I like several of the candidates here (lookin at you DJStu), but I want more
Akula Control - looking for a calm, capable woman here, I think

edits to come
« Last Edit: January 09, 2014, 08:08:34 pm by General Battuta »

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
SWASHMEBUCKLE I SEE YOU READING THIS AND I KNOW YOU HAVE A GREAT VOICE

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.
I come into this thread on a moderator report (you know, PMs work too, Battuta), and was pleasantly surprised to find a compliment on my voice acting.  Also that there is progress in this thread.

I'd have to both find and fix my mic again, but I'll see about a couple more roles, if you had any in mind that you think I could do well at.  I'm not particularly good at judging how my voice sounds, even when I'm listening to it on recording.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
Can you do what the moderator reports wants tho, also check out the new Death March thread, and also I'd like you to play Kassim so please record a bunch more of his lines if you get the chance!

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.
Aye, that I can.  Locked, unless Darius wants to unlock it for some reason.