Author Topic: Model and Normal Maps Status  (Read 143704 times)

Offline Vasudan Admiral

• Twisted Infinities
No - that's actually exactly the same size - people (me included) don't realise just how big the thing is. ;)
Get the 2014 Media VPs and report any bugs you find in them to the FSU Mantis so that we may squish them. || Blender to POF model conversion guide
Twisted Infinities

Offline StratComm

• The POFressor
  • Cameron Crazy
    • http://www.geocities.com/cek_83/index.html
-/-/-/-
<removed for more current update>
« Last Edit: December 17, 2005, 07:29:28 pm by StratComm »
who needs a signature? ;)
It's not much of an excuse for a website, but my stuff can be found here

"Holding the last thread on a page comes with an inherent danger, especially when you are edit-happy with your posts.  For you can easily continue editing in points without ever noticing that someone else could have refuted them." ~Me, on my posting behavior

Last edited by StratComm on 08-23-2027 at 08:34 PM

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Offline FireCrack

• meh...
Yeah, the arcadia is the fourth largest thing in the game (behind the knossos, colossus and sathanas)
actualy, mabye not.
"When ink and pen in hands of men Inscribe your form, bipedal P They draw an altar on which God has slaughtered all stability, no eyes could ever soak in all the places you anoint, and yet to see you all at once we only need the point. Flirting with infinity, your geometric progeny that fit inside you oh so tight with triangles that feel so right."
3.141592653589793238462643383279502884197169399375105820974944 59230781640628620899862803482534211706...
"Your ever-constant homily says flaw is discipline, the patron saint of imperfection frees us from our sin. And if our transcendental lift shall find a final floor, then Man will know the death of God where wonder was before."

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
Cute! :D

cute my ass, it looks totally ugly. :p
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline StratComm

• The POFressor
  • Cameron Crazy
-/-/-/-

Model: HTL Medusa
Creator(s): StratComm
Pic: here
Thread: here
Comments: Well that was fast.  Should be ready barring any major glitches.  Yes Galemp, it has an insignia :p

"Holding the last thread on a page comes with an inherent danger, especially when you are edit-happy with your posts.  For you can easily continue editing in points without ever noticing that someone else could have refuted them." ~Me, on my posting behavior

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
So Strat... now that you're done the Medusa, are you gonna return to the Hippocrates or work on the Typhon?  If its the latter, don't forget about the higher-detailed image I posted up some time ago.  It's still there.
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

Offline StratComm

• The POFressor
  • Cameron Crazy
Yeah, if you look in the Hippocrates/Medusa thread you'll see that I did a little more with the Hippocrates.  I'm having a hard time putting that one together.  The Typhon's taken a short-term slide to lower priority, but I do have the image you posted in my "references" folder.  I haven't forgotten about either :)

Offline starfox

What is the HTL-Status of Ulysses and Loki ?
Just a little curious, after all, they are the last GTA Fighters without Hi-Polyfication...
Rig:
A8N-SLI Premium
AMD 64 X2 4200+
GF 7950 GT
X-FI ExtremeMusic
HEC 550W
2 Gt RAM
Win XP

Offline WMCoolmon

• Purveyor of space crack
There's an excellent pic of the Ulysses in the FS1 installer, and the FS1ified icculus.org port installer.
-C

Offline Raptor

Er, hate to be dense, but what happened to Nicos(?) Perseus?  Can't seem to find it in the list...

& BTW the first post list a mess...
...There ought to be something surreal about a Zoid offering romantic advice...and yet there is not. It seems perfectly normal that the Liger is giving Bit advice on relationships, and it shouldn't, but it does. Dangit man, you've confused me again.[/I]
NGTM-R review of one of the chapters in my fanfic story :D Story is here! -> 'Ancient Legacies'

Offline WMCoolmon

Its been out for a while.

It's one of my favorite screenshot ships. ;)
-C

Offline Raptor

Its been out for a while.

It's one of my favorite screenshot ships. ;)

Don't suppose you have a link to the file and/or thread right?
...There ought to be something surreal about a Zoid offering romantic advice...and yet there is not. It seems perfectly normal that the Liger is giving Bit advice on relationships, and it shouldn't, but it does. Dangit man, you've confused me again.[/I]
NGTM-R review of one of the chapters in my fanfic story :D Story is here! -> 'Ancient Legacies'

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
It's in the media.vp files. Just extract it from there.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Raptor

Thanks man.  I would, except I don't have the disk space to download it.  I use a seperate computer when online, and any downloads go to a memory stick... which ATM only has 13mb free (14mb total)  The mv_models file is well and truly over my limit.:hopping:(54mb! :eek2:)  Though I admit I seem to recall lots of bad talk about the media.vp...

I think I already have at least half of those models already (as seperate .pof files.), but... :sigh:

Offline StratComm

• The POFressor
  • Cameron Crazy
The media VP betas have had some issues of late due to some half-working bugfixes, but that's just the betas.  The releases have been stable.

As for the Perseus, I seriously doubt that Nico still has it up.  It's probably in my glowpoints pack, which I think is still online, but I cannot remember the filename (can't get to the FTP for the space right now either) so I'm not sure what to tell you.  I'll dig through FS modding though and see if I can't find it there.

Offline Taristin

• Snipes
  • BlueScalie
    • Skelkwank Shipyards

Thanks man.  I would, except I don't have the disk space to download it.  I use a seperate computer when online, and any downloads go to a memory stick... which ATM only has 13mb free (14mb total)  The mv_models file is well and truly over my limit.:hopping:(54mb! :eek2:)  Though I admit I seem to recall lots of bad talk about the media.vp...

I think I already have at least half of those models already (as seperate .pof files.), but... :sigh:

Meh. I was trying to attach it, but this lame ass 128kb attachment limit is Bull****.

Freelance Modeler | Amateur Artist

Offline Black Wolf

• Twisted Infinities
  • Hey! You! Get off-a my cloud!
    • Visit the TI homepage!
The first post on this topic is, according to the date on top of it, Out of date by over 2 months. Any chance someone might be able to fix that?
TWISTED INFINITIES · SECTORGAME· FRONTLINES
Rarely Updated P3D.
Burn the heretic who killed F2S! Burn him, burn him!!- GalEmp

Offline WMCoolmon

Maybe. :p It'd be a pain right now, though.
-C

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
Model: HTL Zephyrus
Creator(s): Galemp
Pic: here
Thread: here
Comments: I'm sure I can do this fairly efficiently.

-/-/-

Model: HTL Hades
Pic: None
Thread: None
Comments: I wanna stake a claim on this, since Silent Threat is the only campaign it appears in and I want to make sure it's at its best.

-/-/-

Model: HTL Karnak
Pic: None
Thread: None
Comments: This is another FSPort centerpiece. I've already altered it from the original old model and will continue to do so.
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...