Author Topic: HTL Angel?  (Read 17274 times)

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
The HTL one pictured is for the next INFA release and has not been released yet.

Offline Solatar

Oh, well that's fine then. Means I'm not just too stupid to find it.

Offline Nico

• Venom
    Parlez-vous Model Magician?
Will I be slapped to death if I say I hate these inflated engines and cockpit with the nose turned into a small beak? :ick:
SCREW CANON!

Offline Solatar

The engines I wouldn't mind being changed, and the tip of the nose I can also agree with you on. It's actually the cockpit itself which I find so good looking. The way its laid out just looks good.

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
I think oversized engines are good, but I don't like the way the Angel's engines are pointed outwards.  I pretty much agree with both posts above.

Offline Black Wolf

• Twisted Infinities
  • Hey! You! Get off-a my cloud!
    • Visit the TI homepage!
I think it might be worth waiting for VA to release the final HTL Valkyrie before worrying too much about a proper HTL Angel. You'll have a much nicer base to work from if nothing else.
TWISTED INFINITIES · SECTORGAME· FRONTLINES
Rarely Updated P3D.
Burn the heretic who killed F2S! Burn him, burn him!!- GalEmp

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Actually that Angel is based off VAs HTL Valkyrie mesh.

Offline Nico

• Venom
What, there's still no HTL valkyrie released? :/ Someone give me a 3ds file of it :mad:

edit: oh, and the max and maps files for the cockpit, coz I've lost everything FS2 related I did :shaking:
« Last Edit: May 15, 2007, 04:11:12 am by Nico »
SCREW CANON!

Offline Col. Fishguts

• voodoo doll
edit: oh, and the max and maps files for the cockpit, coz I've lost everything FS2 related I did :shaking:

Thar she blows!
"I don't think that people accept the fact that life doesn't make sense. I think it makes people terribly uncomfortable. It seems like religion and myth were invented against that, trying to make sense out of it." - D. Lynch

Visit The Babylon Project, now also with HTL flavour  ¦ GTB Rhea

Offline Vasudan Admiral

• Twisted Infinities
Well I have no idea what's sparked the sudden obsession with the Valkyrie & Angel recently, but I'm going as fast as I can already! :p

The Angel pictured on the front page was made by Woomeister out of one of the HTL Uglies I released in the Zeus release thread, and that was in turn was made out of parts from this HTL Valkyrie that I'm still building. Make sense? ;)
Get the 2014 Media VPs and report any bugs you find in them to the FSU Mantis so that we may squish them. || Blender to POF model conversion guide
Twisted Infinities

Offline Nico

• Venom
Hey, that's pretty nice. Well I don't need to make one then, just complete it already :p

edit: goddamn my pilot is awful, I can't believe people still use it, it was just a placeholder originally...
« Last Edit: May 15, 2007, 10:35:16 am by Nico »
SCREW CANON!

Offline Alikchi

• Neo-Terran
  • Spooky ghost (RIP)

The Angel pictured on the front page was made by Woomeister out of one of the HTL Uglies I released in the Zeus release thread, and that was in turn was made out of parts from this HTL Valkyrie that I'm still building. Make sense? ;)

The HTL Uglies were released? I thought you just put out screenshots.. are they done, then?
« Last Edit: May 15, 2007, 11:52:55 am by Alikchi »
"Going too far and caring too much about a subject is the best way to make friends that I know."
- Sarah Vowell

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Hey, that's pretty nice. Well I don't need to make one then, just complete it already :p

Do the Ulysses then, no-one seems to want to touch that one :D

Offline ShivanSpS

edit: goddamn my pilot is awful, I can't believe people still use it, it was just a placeholder originally...

You can HTL the Ully, the Anubis, the Seth(icant remember if has been already hi poly), the Amun, the Osiris, the Shaitan, the Scorpion, the Thoth, the Tauret, the Sekhmet, the Bakha.... there is a lot of ships to HTL yet :P i forgot some one?

and about an HTL Angel, this is what i using so far... an high textured Angel, which the cockpit from INF:A...

it will be a good base to estar from if someone whiling to make it hi poly...

Download:
http://files.filefront.com/high_angelzip/;7518820;/fileinfo.html

All credits go to the original creators... Herra Tohtori for the textures and Nico team for the cockpit...
« Last Edit: May 17, 2007, 04:31:38 pm by ShivanSpS »

Offline Vasudan Admiral

• Twisted Infinities
The HTL Uglies were released? I thought you just put out screenshots.. are they done, then?
Yeah, but the links in the Zeus thread are down while the FTP isn't working on Sectorgame. Here: http://webzoom.freewebs.com/twisted-infinities-va/MiscStuff/HTL%5FUglies%5FV1.0.rar

Actually, I did have a go at....errm....well....HTLing the HTL cockpit essentially. :\
Textured
Untextured
Rendered view

What I've set up in the uglies, Zeus, Loki and this Valkyrie is a detail box system so the high poly cockpit is only drawn within decent view range. Otherwise a slightly modified version of your original is used.

(The high detail one uses your texture with some extra parts gleaned from some other angles in the cockpit pics of the descent network, so it keeps compatability with the fighters that only use your original. :)

To be honest it's not a great system. I feel it's too low poly to be used as a good in-cockpit view, and too high poly for anything else. :\
Get the 2014 Media VPs and report any bugs you find in them to the FSU Mantis so that we may squish them. || Blender to POF model conversion guide
Twisted Infinities

Offline S-99

• MC Hammer
  • A one hit wonder, you still want to touch this.
What's with the pointed fighter? Pointed flying vehicles are so going the way of the dodo. Not for cosmetic reasons, airplanes that go the speed of sound can actually reduce sonic boom to a mere a thud sound if you have more of a blunt nose on the plane. Not to mention that stupid point makes the damn angel look like a flying duck.
Every pilot's goal is to rise up in the ranks and go beyond their purpose to a place of command on a very big ship. Like the colossus; to baseball bat everyone.

SMBFD

I won't use google for you.

An0n sucks my Jesus ring.

Offline Nico

• Venom

You can HTL the Ully, the Anubis, the Seth(icant remember if has been already hi poly), the Amun, the Osiris, the Shaitan, the Scorpion, the Thoth, the Tauret, the Sekhmet, the Bakha.... there is a lot of ships to HTL yet :P i forgot some one?
Well, I could have a go at the scorpion or the tauret, but the deal would be that I was provided a 3ds or max version of them, retaining the original UV maps, and that someone else converts it, coz I never could be bothered with conversion, it's not my thing
All credits go to the original creators... Herra Tohtori for the textures and INF:A team for the cockpit...

Well, sorry to *****, but the credits for the cockpit should go to me, they just put it in there. I like Woomeister and all, but it freaken pisses me off to see how many models of mine are in Inferno, and how many people credit him or his staff, when I was the one who did them :hopping:

What's with the pointed fighter? .... Not to mention that stupid point makes the damn angel look like a flying duck.

Blame me for that, I'm the one who made the first angel. Seems there's a new one floating around, though frankly I can't tell the difference with mine... As for the design, well, dunno, I don't remember who requested it, but I just took up the Valkyrie model, changed a couple things (according to the ship's description in FS1) and said "hop! done". Call it lazyness if you want, I'd rather call it... hmm... reflex modeling :D

Actually, I did have a go at....errm....well....HTLing the HTL cockpit essentially. :\
Textured
Untextured
Rendered view

What I've set up in the uglies, Zeus, Loki and this Valkyrie is a detail box system so the high poly cockpit is only drawn within decent view range. Otherwise a slightly modified version of your original is used.
About goddamn time, nice initiative :)

(The high detail one uses your texture with some extra parts gleaned from some other angles in the cockpit pics of the descent network, so it keeps compatability with the fighters that only use your original. :)

Well actually, I left space on that map so it could be shared with a vasudan cockpit, but yeah, why not :)
SCREW CANON!

Offline Col. Fishguts

• voodoo doll
Ah, I always wondered why you did leave all that space unused. I've used it to map some additional parts I added to make a 2-seater cockpit out of it. But it seems VA beat me to releasing such a thing  ...curse him and his lightning fast modeling/mapping ;)
"I don't think that people accept the fact that life doesn't make sense. I think it makes people terribly uncomfortable. It seems like religion and myth were invented against that, trying to make sense out of it." - D. Lynch

Visit The Babylon Project, now also with HTL flavour  ¦ GTB Rhea

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP

Well, sorry to *****, but the credits for the cockpit should go to me, they just put it in there. I like Woomeister and all, but it freaken pisses me off to see how many models of mine are in Inferno, and how many people credit him or his staff, when I was the one who did them :hopping:
That's because no-one seems to bother reading credit lists...

Blame me for that, I'm the one who made the first angel. Seems there's a new one floating around, though frankly I can't tell the difference with mine... As for the design, well, dunno, I don't remember who requested it, but I just took up the Valkyrie model, changed a couple things (according to the ship's description in FS1) and said "hop! done". Call it lazyness if you want, I'd rather call it... hmm... reflex modeling :D

No there's still only your version as far as I've seen. That low poly cockpitted one is a modified version of yours that I made for the first INFA release, and the HTL one I made for INFASA that images were posted of at the start was based off VA's HTL Valkyrie mesh but was designed to match your original model, since most people use it as the standard Angel.

Offline Nico

• Venom
1) yeah, don't worry, I've never seen you take credits for other people's stuff, I never remotly blamed you, and either ay I wouldn't care so much that I'd annoy you with that.

2) mmh, I'm pretty sure I've seen someone saying the Angel was his job. With what you say, I assume it's a lie but, hey, if he wanna claim this half-assed job for himself, he can be my guest.
SCREW CANON!