Author Topic: What are you playing right now?  (Read 621782 times)

Offline Klaustrophobia

• the REAL Nuke of HLP
    • North Carolina Tigers
Re: What are you playing right now?
Finally finished Assassin's Creed II.  Turns out I was only like 15 minutes from the end.  Although I remembered immediately why I had stopped for so long.  I was stuck on a "kill without being detected" mission that I eventually had to go to the internet for.  And the answer involved using the gun.  Go figure.

Now to finish Majora's Mask 3D and then I think I'll go for Far Cry 3.  Hopefully Uplay isn't going to be a pain in the dick.
I like to stare at the sun.

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam
Picked up the Brad in AW.  Popping two ITOWs one after the other is pretty fun but a lot of things can just lol@ ATGMs at this tier.  More troubling is the Bushmaster seems kinda anemic, its troubling not being able to clip things out like the BMP-2 is aught to do.   
“Think lightly of yourself and deeply of the world”

Offline Bryan See

• Has anyone really been far as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
  • Trying to redeem, but under Tiger Parents
    • Twitter
I'm playing Star Wars: Commander, Modern Combat 5, and OpenRA on Windows 10. On Android I'm playing Battle Alert.
Bryan See - My FreeSpace Wiki User Page (Talk, Contributions)

Full Projects:
Shattered Stars

Campaigns:
Lost in the Mist - Cyrene vs. Psamtik
FreeSpace: Reunited

Ships:
GTS Hygeia, GTT Argo, SC Raguel

Tools:
FSO TC/Game template

I've been under attack by Tiger Parents like Jennifer Pan...

Offline 0rph3u5

• Oceans rise. Empires fall.
I've played some Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen since it came out - nice enough but graphically a bit dated (not that it matters)
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

"...because they are not Dragons."

Offline BirdofPrey

• Help! I see GIMP in my sleep
I've been splitting my time between Diablo III and Homeworld: Deserts of Kharak

All these paragon level whateverhundred people I keep running into make me sad.  I just got to 30 something and still have crap gear, but hey, at least Kanis cube decided to give me my first piece of the Tal Rasha set.  of course I was hoping for an Etched Sigil to drop meteors without stopping my channeling,
The Great War ended 30 years ago.
Our elders tell stories of a glorious civilization; of people with myths of humanity everlasting, who hurled themselves into the void of space with no fear.

In testing: Radar Icons

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
KanColle released a new ranking reward for the month.

"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline ssmit132

• Also known as "Typhlomence"
    • Steam
    • Twitter
So... you got a turret? :p

Offline NGTM-1R

• Syndral Active. 0410.
So... you got a turret? :p

An American turret.

In a game that has, until now, exclusively had Axis ships and equipment, and indeed, has at times hinted that your enemies are Americans or Allied.

A Feddie Story

Offline ssmit132

• Also known as "Typhlomence"
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Well, I thought it might be a turret for a non-introduced ship, but an American turret? That's huge.

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam
Made it past the Leo1A5 to the 2AV, one step closer to the 2A4.  I really like the 1A5 but in game its a real disappointment.  Model is all wrong and getting frontally penned by auto cannon just blows.

Fully upgraded the Brad is a lot of fun though.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2016, 08:53:44 pm by StarSlayer »
“Think lightly of yourself and deeply of the world”

Offline Black_Yoshi1230

• Fat and lazy glory hound, mooch, narcissist.
    • Black Yoshi's YouTube Page
Back to Deus Ex: Human Revolution and MechWarrior Online.

First one, just got to the Alice Garden Pods again, second one... hated the ShadowHawk 2D, so sold it for the JagerMech S (yay 3 AC/5s just tearing stuff up in Community Warfare).
The MechWarrior 2 Resource Forum / Flyboy's Flight Sim + Aviation Page / Falcom Sound Team JDK / Jane's F/A-18 - Resources

&& "LAUNCH! LAUNCH! S__T WE'RE HIT! WE'RE TAKING CANNON FIRE! GET US THE HELL OUTTA HERE!" - The best Jane's Longbow 2 Co-Pilot Audio Clips.

|| BEAMS! DEATH BY BEAMS! <- Blue Planet: War in Heaven in a nutshell. (Phrase is adapted from the Freeman's Mind spinoff Barney's Mind, Episode 14: BEES! DEATH BY BEES!)

^ Give a kid a stick and tell him to beat up his enemies, he'll do it without a second thought. Give a kid a book and tell him to defeat his opponent, and he'll read the book, defeat the other's mind, and smack him on top of the head. Give a kid a flower, he'll force his opponent to eat it.

Offline headdie

• i don't use punctuation lol
  • Lawful Neutral with a Chaotic outook
    • Minecraft
    • Headdie on Deviant Art
Made it past the Leo1A5 to the 2AV, one step closer to the 2A4.  I really like the 1A5 but in game its a real disappointment.  Model is all wrong and getting frontally penned by auto cannon just blows.

Fully upgraded the Brad is a lot of fun though.

There is no way the 1A5 should be a T:5, the OF-40 with its thicker turret armour would make more sense
Minister of Interstellar Affairs Sol Union - Retired
quote General Battuta - "FRED is canon!"
Contact me at [email protected]
My Release Thread, Old Release Thread, Celestial Objects Thread, My rubbish attempts at art

Been playing MWO. I've also somehow managed to get MW3 running on my Win10 machine, hopefully it's enough to let me finish the campaign

Offline NGTM-1R

• Syndral Active. 0410.
Been playing MWO. I've also somehow managed to get MW3 running on my Win10 machine, hopefully it's enough to let me finish the campaign

Pleasure share how you did this, I must know.

A Feddie Story

Pleasure share how you did this, I must know.

Long story short, using dgvoodoo dlls to emulate a dx7 card (use the MS DX dlls, not the Glide ones), then limiting FPS to 30 via Adaptive Vsync (Half refresh) in my Nvidia program settings. There should be an identical setting for AMD cards.

Just finished the Homeworld 1 Remastered Campaign. (Gearbox hurry up and implement HW1 ship behavior already gosh) Now I am just installing X3:TC and X3:AP.
I wonder which shall I play. They seem very similar and I can't decide, I dont want to play TC if AP is just the same thing but better.

P.S God that game makes me feel really small. Also listening to the music in game and just flying around makes me creeped out.

Offline AdmiralRalwood

• The Cthulhu programmer himself!
    • Twitter
I dont want to play TC if AP is just the same thing but better.
The engine is better (especially OOS combat and the turret scripts), but TC has a map that isn't consumed with constant warfare and a lot more questlines... which is why there are a number of decently-popular mods to let you play TC on the AP engine.

Alternatively, there's the Litcube's Universe mod, which I found moderately interesting compared to the newer iterations of the XTC mod, although you should probably not try either of those until after you've played TC (either normally or in the AP engine), since they both change everything completely and, simultaneously, expect you to be familiar with the core gameplay concepts.

EDIT: And apparently there's a new version of Litcube's Universe (1.6.0) that is currently unreleased but fixes a number of bugs, some of which are particularly annoying, so you might want to wait for that.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2016, 10:48:46 am by AdmiralRalwood »
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Codethulhu GitHub wgah'nagl fhtagn.

schrödinbug (noun) - a bug that manifests itself in running software after a programmer notices that the code should never have worked in the first place.

When you gaze long into BMPMAN, BMPMAN also gazes into you.

"I am one of the best FREDders on Earth" -General Battuta

<Aesaar> literary criticism is vladimir putin

<MageKing17> "There's probably a reason the code is the way it is" is a very dangerous line of thought. :P
<MageKing17> Because the "reason" often turns out to be "nobody noticed it was wrong".
(the very next day)
<MageKing17> this ****ing code did it to me again
<MageKing17> "That doesn't really make sense to me, but I'll assume it was being done for a reason."
<MageKing17> **** ME
<MageKing17> THE REASON IS PEOPLE ARE STUPID
<MageKing17> ESPECIALLY ME

<MageKing17> God damn, I do not understand how this is breaking.
<MageKing17> Everything points to "this should work fine", and yet it's clearly not working.
<MjnMixael> 2 hours later... "God damn, how did this ever work at all?!"
(...)
<MageKing17> so
<MageKing17> more than two hours
<MageKing17> but once again we have reached the inevitable conclusion
<MageKing17> How did this code ever work in the first place!?

<@The_E> Welcome to OpenGL, where standards compliance is optional, and error reporting inconsistent

<MageKing17> It was all working perfectly until I actually tried it on an actual mission.

<IronWorks> I am useful for FSO stuff again. This is a red-letter day!
* z64555 erases "Thursday" and rewrites it in red ink

<MageKing17> TIL the entire homing code is held up by shoestrings and duct tape, basically.

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
Working my way through Bioshock for the first time evar, and goddamn it is good times.  Also getting into hilarious cluster****s in KSP.  Y'know, the usual.

I dont want to play TC if AP is just the same thing but better.
The engine is better (especially OOS combat and the turret scripts), but TC has a map that isn't consumed with constant warfare and a lot more questlines... which is why there are a number of decently-popular mods to let you play TC on the AP engine.

I hope the autopilot and AI is better in AP too. I've almost died due to friendly ships ramming me or my autopilot having me constantly ramming into ships I am
following and doing really strange maneuvers in TC. And the controls... jeez.

Still, I love the ship design in this. Some of the stations and ships that I've seen so far are really cool and beautiful.

Offline AdmiralRalwood

• The Cthulhu programmer himself!
    • Twitter
I hope the autopilot and AI is better in AP too.
Stop hoping; low-level autopilot and AI functionality isn't moddable and Egosoft's solution was to move on to an entirely new game engine.

That being said, major mods (like Litcube's Universe) tend to work around the "autopilot always crashing into things" problem in other ways (LU uses a "make ships bounce off each other depending on circumstances" script; you can still ram things if you try, but it's much more difficult for it to happen by accident).
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Codethulhu GitHub wgah'nagl fhtagn.

schrödinbug (noun) - a bug that manifests itself in running software after a programmer notices that the code should never have worked in the first place.

When you gaze long into BMPMAN, BMPMAN also gazes into you.

"I am one of the best FREDders on Earth" -General Battuta

<Aesaar> literary criticism is vladimir putin

<MageKing17> "There's probably a reason the code is the way it is" is a very dangerous line of thought. :P
<MageKing17> Because the "reason" often turns out to be "nobody noticed it was wrong".
(the very next day)
<MageKing17> this ****ing code did it to me again
<MageKing17> "That doesn't really make sense to me, but I'll assume it was being done for a reason."
<MageKing17> **** ME
<MageKing17> THE REASON IS PEOPLE ARE STUPID
<MageKing17> ESPECIALLY ME

<MageKing17> God damn, I do not understand how this is breaking.
<MageKing17> Everything points to "this should work fine", and yet it's clearly not working.
<MjnMixael> 2 hours later... "God damn, how did this ever work at all?!"
(...)
<MageKing17> so
<MageKing17> more than two hours
<MageKing17> but once again we have reached the inevitable conclusion
<MageKing17> How did this code ever work in the first place!?

<@The_E> Welcome to OpenGL, where standards compliance is optional, and error reporting inconsistent

<MageKing17> It was all working perfectly until I actually tried it on an actual mission.

<IronWorks> I am useful for FSO stuff again. This is a red-letter day!
* z64555 erases "Thursday" and rewrites it in red ink

<MageKing17> TIL the entire homing code is held up by shoestrings and duct tape, basically.