Author Topic: What are you playing right now?  (Read 622632 times)

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
Re: What are you playing right now?
At this very second I'm replaying Zero Mission on my CFW PSP 1003 model.

Love all my old 16 bit and 8 but games.  This way, I can take them with me all day every day!
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
Fighting OG Wo-class in Kancolle.

"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Did one of the Destiny raids yesterday. It's sooo much fun, especially if you get a good Sherpa and an attentive team that wants to have a good time.
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Offline crizza

And the Storm of Chaos is over.
My Dwarfs did not do much apart of intercepting the army of Sigvald and crushing him.
The Empire now lays in ruins and does not claim said ruins, but the dawi realm is stronger than ever and now ages war in the cold north against the norsca from the hold of Karak Draka.
Archaon and that dragon ogre were in fact the first to fall and I wasted most of the great war against chaos crushing the vampire counts.
Off to play this as the empire :D

I just beat Lost Izalith and I can see how people say it was rushed. I had the most trouble with Mr Ceaseless Discharge funnily enough. Mister can do a giant AOE fire attack over a tiny area that goes through all cover. Now I just fought the Sanctuary Guardian and am now doing the Ooacile DLC.

The Centipede Demon was a joke. Although at that time I was tired of the Demon Ruins so I just looked up how to beat it and the Bed of Chaos took 7 tries to take down. My friend wanted me to beat his try, which I did by allot. I think the most punishing part of that boss is the long ass hike back to the boss even if you get the hidden bonfire.
I couldn't save Sigvard and he died to the Man Eater's... which reminds me I have to go put Solaire out of his misery.

Overall I'd say the Demon Ruins and Lost Izalith is one big twisting corridor with a bunch of large open areas for bosses, mini boss versions of earlier bosses and for Lost Izalith GHDC's aka Giant Headless Demon Chickens. That only really branches off near the end and has a giant shortcut that skips allot of bad stuff if you get into a certain Covenant. Which, also saves Solaire. But unfortunately its too late.

Offline 0rph3u5

• Oceans rise. Empires fall.
There is a way to beat the Ceaseless Discharge without attacking him - there is a spot where he will just "fall off" and die - which is another thing why the area is the big "never doing that again"... Demon Ruins are great for farming Souls though

Too bad you failed to safe Solaire - he is a somewhat helpful summon to have later on

And if you are in Oocalie, did you beat the Four Kings of New Londo yet? (one condition you have to meet to beat them has a different meaning if you find a secret in the DLC content)
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

"...because they are not Dragons."

Offline Det. Bullock

• Madman in a box.
Half-life
I've been following one of Yatzee's let's play/podcasts of the game and that gave me a bad case of nostalgia.
I haven't gone very far until now (I still have only the glock and the grenades) but still it's a nice change of pace from trying to muster the patience to beat Seth in Ultra Street Fighter IV.
I've been playing on normal but for some reason I remembered it more difficult even though I usually played it on easy at the time.
"I pity the poor shades confined to the euclidean prison that is sanity." - Grant Morrison
"People assume  that time is a strict progression of cause to effect,  but *actually*  from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more  like a big ball  of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff." - The Doctor

Just installed the Blood and Wine DLC for Witcher 3.

That's gonna be fun :D

Currently of two minds. Thinking of playing War Thunder, but with all the crap the devs have been doing I don't really want to support them. But it's one of the few games that I can dunk on human-driven tanks while flying CAS...

"crap that devs are doing" You mean the introduction of vehicles equipped with guided anti-tank missiles :D? I'm curious how will this work. In my opinion people are bi****** too much about it. ATGMs are deadly weapons indeed, but add a long reload time and much lower velocity compared to any kind of round and things won't look that idyllic.

But anyway, I fly planes mostly, so I'm not complaining.

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
It's the War Thunder devs, you know they'll **** it up rather than just copying Armored Warfare's ATGM gameplay.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline headdie

• i don't use punctuation lol
  • Lawful Neutral with a Chaotic outook
    • Minecraft
    • Headdie on Deviant Art
It's the War Thunder devs, you know they'll **** it up rather than just copying Armored Warfare's ATGM gameplay.

The AW method of doing ATGMs works ok but there is certainly room for improvement
Minister of Interstellar Affairs Sol Union - Retired
quote General Battuta - "FRED is canon!"
Contact me at [email protected]
My Release Thread, Old Release Thread, Celestial Objects Thread, My rubbish attempts at art

No, I'm talking about their frankly dog crap implementation of economy, anticonsumerist habits ( admitting that they had plans to abuse the Youtube DMCA system to take down streamers who did things they didn't like) and general tone-deaf attitude.

But I like slinging shells into things so this is a conundrum.

Offline headdie

• i don't use punctuation lol
  • Lawful Neutral with a Chaotic outook
    • Minecraft
    • Headdie on Deviant Art
No, I'm talking about their frankly dog crap implementation of economy, anticonsumerist habits ( admitting that they had plans to abuse the Youtube DMCA system to take down streamers who did things they didn't like) and general tone-deaf attitude.

But I like slinging shells into things so this is a conundrum.

yer thats gaijin entertainment in a nutshell
Minister of Interstellar Affairs Sol Union - Retired
quote General Battuta - "FRED is canon!"
Contact me at [email protected]
My Release Thread, Old Release Thread, Celestial Objects Thread, My rubbish attempts at art

Haven't seen Outer Wilds (alpha build) mentioned in this thread yet. It's more fun the less you know about it beforehand, but its creator calls it "a game of curiosity-driven space exploration". The main annoyance is the default mouse/keyboard setup, which took me an embarrassingly long time to figure out:

Spoiler:
Mouse - Look
W - Forward
S - Backward
A - Left
D - Right
Left Shift - Up, Zoom In
Left Control - Down, Zoom Out
Space Bar - Jump, Match Velocity
E - Interact, Autopilot
Q - Cancel, Previous
F - Flashlight
Left Mouse Button - Target
Middle Mouse Button - Telescope
Right Mouse Button (hold) - Launch/Recall Probe
Right Mouse Button (click) - Front Probe Camera
R - Landing Mode, Rear Probe Camera
Enter - Map
Escape - Pause

Offline Det. Bullock

• Madman in a box.
I've unlocked all Endings in Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow
I had to use a map to 100% the castle and get a couple of the most elusive souls, others instead required a massive amount of farming (to the point that by the time I've got all of them I was level 73), but the most bewildering thing is that the second to last souls I've got (peeping eye) would have let me dispense with the map and the last one that simply never dropped (even with the ring) was essentially useless by the time I've got it.
Harmony of Dissonance was better, it didn't require all that senseless farming and grinding to unlock all the endings.
"I pity the poor shades confined to the euclidean prison that is sanity." - Grant Morrison
"People assume  that time is a strict progression of cause to effect,  but *actually*  from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more  like a big ball  of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff." - The Doctor

Offline Bryan See

• Has anyone really been far as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
  • Trying to redeem, but under Tiger Parents
    • Twitter
I've just started playing Descent and Descent 2 recently, as I've reminisced playing back when I was a child in the late 1990s to the new millennium (with Descent 3). Also, I played Sol Contingency. SolC and the three Descent games are 6DOF.

It's interesting to note that SolC was originally planned to be a complete reboot of Descent, but it was redesigned completely after its development team received a ceast-and-desist lettter from the Descent IP owner Interplay. Although its gameplay of SolC: Proving Grounds, released last April, barely resembles that of Descent.

Also, while the first FreeSpace game uses Descent in America, it is unrelated to the Descent series of 6DOF games. Last I heard that one of the early story drafts about a pilot searching for "Material Defender MD1032"...
Bryan See - My FreeSpace Wiki User Page (Talk, Contributions)

Full Projects:
Shattered Stars

Campaigns:
Lost in the Mist - Cyrene vs. Psamtik
FreeSpace: Reunited

Ships:
GTS Hygeia, GTT Argo, SC Raguel

Tools:
FSO TC/Game template

I've been under attack by Tiger Parents like Jennifer Pan...

Shelved WT, liberating Solo Nobre now.

Offline AdmiralRalwood

• The Cthulhu programmer himself!
    • Twitter
I've unlocked all Endings in Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow
I had to use a map to 100% the castle and get a couple of the most elusive souls, others instead required a massive amount of farming (to the point that by the time I've got all of them I was level 73), but the most bewildering thing is that the second to last souls I've got (peeping eye) would have let me dispense with the map and the last one that simply never dropped (even with the ring) was essentially useless by the time I've got it.
Harmony of Dissonance was better, it didn't require all that senseless farming and grinding to unlock all the endings.
Isn't the "best" ending from 100%-ing your soul collection literally just one line of dialogue changed from the regular "good" ending? I mean, AoS is one of my favourites so I've 100%-ed it from scratch, like, three or four (or five or six or... possibly ten or more) times, but if grinding for souls isn't fun for you, the only thing you'd miss out on is the Chaos Ring, which is pretty pointless since there's nothing left to use it to help you unlock.
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Codethulhu GitHub wgah'nagl fhtagn.

schrödinbug (noun) - a bug that manifests itself in running software after a programmer notices that the code should never have worked in the first place.

When you gaze long into BMPMAN, BMPMAN also gazes into you.

"I am one of the best FREDders on Earth" -General Battuta

<Aesaar> literary criticism is vladimir putin

<MageKing17> "There's probably a reason the code is the way it is" is a very dangerous line of thought. :P
<MageKing17> Because the "reason" often turns out to be "nobody noticed it was wrong".
(the very next day)
<MageKing17> this ****ing code did it to me again
<MageKing17> "That doesn't really make sense to me, but I'll assume it was being done for a reason."
<MageKing17> **** ME
<MageKing17> THE REASON IS PEOPLE ARE STUPID
<MageKing17> ESPECIALLY ME

<MageKing17> God damn, I do not understand how this is breaking.
<MageKing17> Everything points to "this should work fine", and yet it's clearly not working.
<MjnMixael> 2 hours later... "God damn, how did this ever work at all?!"
(...)
<MageKing17> so
<MageKing17> more than two hours
<MageKing17> but once again we have reached the inevitable conclusion
<MageKing17> How did this code ever work in the first place!?

<@The_E> Welcome to OpenGL, where standards compliance is optional, and error reporting inconsistent

<MageKing17> It was all working perfectly until I actually tried it on an actual mission.

<IronWorks> I am useful for FSO stuff again. This is a red-letter day!
* z64555 erases "Thursday" and rewrites it in red ink

<MageKing17> TIL the entire homing code is held up by shoestrings and duct tape, basically.

Offline deathspeed

• i can't think of a good avatar
    • Steam
I just finished the Ancient-Shivan War, and am now playing Silent Threat Reborn.  I had started the original Silent Threat but never finished it.
Maybe someday God will give you a little pink toaster of your own.