Author Topic: What are you playing right now?  (Read 621818 times)

Re: What are you playing right now?
Power-cruising my way through the entire Starcraft II Trilogy; Wings of Liberty, Heart of the Swarm and Legacy of the Void. When you've been deprived of Wings of Liberty for many years, then get reunited with it and gain the other two in the process......you better believe those cravings are real. And I am challenging myself to strictly pick only Classic Starcraft units when unlocking, mutating or switching things up. 'Cause, you can't beat a classic.

Well I mean, you could but......that nostalgia, man.....
Previous Projects: Ancient-Shivan War | GTF Durandal

Current Projects: Exile: Into The Dark Waters (Proof-editing/misc)

Offline MP-Ryan

• Makes General Discussion Make Sense.
  • Global Moderator
  • Keyboard > Pen > Sword
    • Twitter
Finally starting The Witcher series; first up, EE.
"In the beginning, the Universe was created.  This made a lot of people very angry and has widely been regarded as a bad move."  [Douglas Adams]

Offline deathspeed

• i can't think of a good avatar
    • Steam
I've rediscovered Battlefield 3.  Now that I have a CPU that can handle the multiplayer component, it's a lot more responsive and fun than it used to be.
Maybe someday God will give you a little pink toaster of your own.

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
Oooh.  If the servers are still running I might fire up the old playstation 3....
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ

I'm just starting a replay of all 3 games (this time choosing paths I didn't take before).
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline 0rph3u5

• Oceans rise. Empires fall.
After a brief "oh, Star Trek TOS is on Netflix"-inspired binge into Star Trek Online, I finally got my hands on Total War: Warhammer - Go team Nagash! (I know Nagash isn't technically in TW:WH but I won't root for the von Carsteins. Period.)
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

"...because they are not Dragons."

Offline Turambar

• Determined to inflict his entire social circle on us
  • You can't spell Manslaughter without laughter

I'm just starting a replay of all 3 games (this time choosing paths I didn't take before).

Gotta get all buddy-buddy with the Knights of the Order of the Flaming Rose
10:55:48   TurambarBlade: i've been selecting my generals based on how much i like their hats
10:55:55   HerraTohtori: me too!
10:56:01   HerraTohtori: :D

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Actually that's the route I took last time cause Siegfried of Denesle seemed like a decent enough bloke even if his friends were a shower of bastards. This time I've got to get friendly with racist elves.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

I've been playing a bit of a whole bunch of different things. My friend bought me a copy of EDF 4.1: Shadow of New Despair. And we slogged through a large portion of it's campaign. It's great. Fighting-Kaiju as a riflemen is just jaw dropping with the scale of enemies in this game. The Erginius and Walking Fortress Balam are huge and can take down entire blocks with single attacks. Runs pretty well too if you don't mind having a bit of a fog.

Other than that: OpenX-Com which is basically X-Com but open, Megaman Legacy Collection which is basically Megaman but with bugs, Command & Conquer Generals Zero Hour which is Generals but with less hours and more stuff and I've been trying to get C&C Kane's Wrath to work over the internet with my friends but Origin seems to hate 3rd Party software's interacting with it's games.

Offline MP-Ryan

• Makes General Discussion Make Sense.
  • Global Moderator
  • Keyboard > Pen > Sword
    • Twitter

Maybe you can answer this for me and save me Googling:

If I kill bandits with swords lying around in Chapter 1, how the hell do I pick them up and sell them without dropping my good sword?  Can I?
"In the beginning, the Universe was created.  This made a lot of people very angry and has widely been regarded as a bad move."  [Douglas Adams]

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
Planetary annihilation....

I love that ragnarok titan combined with a lifeboat contingency.
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline Turambar

• Determined to inflict his entire social circle on us
  • You can't spell Manslaughter without laughter
If I kill bandits with swords lying around in Chapter 1, how the hell do I pick them up and sell them without dropping my good sword?  Can I?

In Witcher 1 weapons can only go in weapon slots.  You generally don't pick up and sell old weapons.  Lots of the best armor and swords can be gained from quests, and you can turn some alchemy ingredients into good cash if you need it for books.
10:55:48   TurambarBlade: i've been selecting my generals based on how much i like their hats
10:55:55   HerraTohtori: me too!
10:56:01   HerraTohtori: :D

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
Carmageddon on my iPhone. Not my first time playing on Normal Everyday Carnage, but it's a little more challenging since the mobile ports are the latest version of the game, which makes AI racers more likely to try and ram you.
My blog

Quote: Tuesday, 3 October 2023 0133 UTC +8, #general
MP-Ryan
Oh you still believe in fairy tales like Santa, the Easter Bunny, and free market competition principles?

Offline 0rph3u5

Switched my faction in Total War: Warhammer - Beastmen are more my style as it turn out...
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

Planetary annihilation....

I love that ragnarok titan combined with a lifeboat contingency.

That's actually on Sale. I wish I hadn't blew my budget before I remembered that game existed.

Offline 0rph3u5

The unlikely Battle of Altdorf: Khazrak vs. Acheron - because the Everchosen is too fast in destroying the Empire...

... and a Pyrrhic Victory for the Beastmen it is... let's see where the campaign goes from here...

ps. "Grut Bloodthrist" is the stand-in for Malagor, who in an ironic twist, was assasinated the turn before by an Empire hero...
« Last Edit: October 07, 2016, 06:57:27 pm by 0rph3u5 »

==================

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.

Offline Bryan See

• Has anyone really been far as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
  • Trying to redeem, but under Tiger Parents
    • Twitter
I'm itching to play Descent 2 and its original Descent, both of which are 6DOF games, whose code is being reused in parts in the FreeSpace series of games.
Bryan See - My FreeSpace Wiki User Page (Talk, Contributions)

Full Projects:
Shattered Stars

Campaigns:
Lost in the Mist - Cyrene vs. Psamtik
FreeSpace: Reunited

Ships:
GTS Hygeia, GTT Argo, SC Raguel

Tools:
FSO TC/Game template

I've been under attack by Tiger Parents like Jennifer Pan...

There are plenty of Descent fans on these forums, I think you'll find.

And, hey, all three games are on Steam, so there you go.
"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?" -DEATH, Discworld

"You can fight like a krogan, run like a leopard, but you'll never be better than Commander Shepard!"

Offline AdmiralRalwood

• The Cthulhu programmer himself!
    • Twitter
There are plenty of Descent fans on these forums, I think you'll find.

And, hey, all three games are on Steam, so there you go.
You mean they were on Steam. You didn't hear about Parallax and Interplay?
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Codethulhu GitHub wgah'nagl fhtagn.

schrödinbug (noun) - a bug that manifests itself in running software after a programmer notices that the code should never have worked in the first place.

When you gaze long into BMPMAN, BMPMAN also gazes into you.

"I am one of the best FREDders on Earth" -General Battuta

<Aesaar> literary criticism is vladimir putin

<MageKing17> "There's probably a reason the code is the way it is" is a very dangerous line of thought. :P
<MageKing17> Because the "reason" often turns out to be "nobody noticed it was wrong".
(the very next day)
<MageKing17> this ****ing code did it to me again
<MageKing17> "That doesn't really make sense to me, but I'll assume it was being done for a reason."
<MageKing17> **** ME
<MageKing17> THE REASON IS PEOPLE ARE STUPID
<MageKing17> ESPECIALLY ME

<MageKing17> God damn, I do not understand how this is breaking.
<MageKing17> Everything points to "this should work fine", and yet it's clearly not working.
<MjnMixael> 2 hours later... "God damn, how did this ever work at all?!"
(...)
<MageKing17> so
<MageKing17> more than two hours
<MageKing17> but once again we have reached the inevitable conclusion
<MageKing17> How did this code ever work in the first place!?

<@The_E> Welcome to OpenGL, where standards compliance is optional, and error reporting inconsistent

<MageKing17> It was all working perfectly until I actually tried it on an actual mission.

<IronWorks> I am useful for FSO stuff again. This is a red-letter day!
* z64555 erases "Thursday" and rewrites it in red ink

<MageKing17> TIL the entire homing code is held up by shoestrings and duct tape, basically.