Author Topic: in progress..  (Read 7672 times)

Offline KARMA

• Darth Hutt
    • http://members.fortunecity.com/aranbanjo
all the pics refer to an early stage
pcount of the actual models are around 1100/1200 polys my corvette and 1700 the tomcat's isd
you are free to drool:)

« Last Edit: April 19, 2003, 05:06:09 am by 433 »

Offline KARMA

• Darth Hutt

Offline KARMA

• Darth Hutt
and grey wolf's z95 too:

Offline Peter

Are these ships going to have afterburners like the Freespace ships or are they going to be without as on all of the X-Wing games?

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
Hmmm.... ISD with afterburners..... hmmmmm.... ;7 :p
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

Offline Killfrenzy

• Slaughter-class cruiser
  • Randomly Existing
Indeed - but I think we shouldn't have afterburners. None of the X-Wing games had them, and I don't think they're part of a Starfighter's equipment.
Death has more impact than life, for everyone dies, but not everyone lives. [/b]
-Tomoe Hotaru (Sailor Saturn
------------
Founder of Shadows of Lylat

Offline Peter

Quite right, but i am  torn between the Agggghhhhhhhhh NO AFTERBURNERS!!! and the realism.

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
Perhaps a compromise where bumping the engine's power allocation up actually increases the speed semi-significantly?
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

Offline LtNarol

• Biased Banshee
    • http://www.3dap.com/hlp/hosted/the158th
Z-95's nose seems a bit too long...maybe its just me though - or the angle

Offline Grey Wolf

It's due to the fact it's a perspective shot and the angle.

Also, on the afterburner issue, in the novelization it does mention afterburners on the T-16.....
You see things; and you say "Why?" But I dream things that never were; and I say "Why not?" -George Bernard Shaw

Offline Peter

How about putting afterburners on certian ships the Missile boat for one in Tie Fighter it had SLAMS which were afterburner like things, I never knew the T-16 had them though....

Hang on isn't the T-16 the Inverted Y shaped training thing on Rebel Assualt?
« Last Edit: April 21, 2003, 04:15:26 am by 1157 »

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
T-16 Skyhopper, yep.

Afterburners will be used for the SLAM system found on some Imperial ships, and possibly for 'special modifications' on some unique ships we all know and love.
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Offline Peter

Ok thanks

Another annoying and time wasting point:
Weapons

Lasers are of different strengths in the T/F and the T/D on the origninal tie fighter (Dumb remark just  to make sure someone notices) and what are you doing about the ion cannons? because in the star wars games you just shot at the ship and it came to dead halt with everything off-line unlike FS where you have to hit the individual subsystems

And Missiles, Such ships as the T/F were equipped with missiles and (sheilds) in Tie Fighter (on occasion) are you going to be putting these in and leaving it to your FREDders to take them out of missions that they don't want such things, Or are you just not going to program them in in the first place?

Having played all the Star Wars flight sims i can't wait for another decent one (As  well as one with a usable editor) keep up  the great work!

Offline Killfrenzy

• Slaughter-class cruiser
  • Randomly Existing
The T/A and T/D will have sheilds, the T/F, T/B and T/I won't. Simple as that!

As for missiles, they all will have the capacity, but it's up to the FREDder to let them have it. :)

Ion Cannons are the pain - to get the required effect we'd have to whine at the Source Code boys a lot! :D
Death has more impact than life, for everyone dies, but not everyone lives. [/b]
-Tomoe Hotaru (Sailor Saturn
------------
Founder of Shadows of Lylat

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
Originally posted by Killfrenzy
As for missiles, they all will have the capacity, but it's up to the FREDder to let them have it. :)

P'raps set the default SBANK to nothing and have the FREDder add TF missiles as opposed to having him remove them - I think that'd be more in line with what the TF's payload usually is (or isn't, in this case).

Offline KARMA

• Darth Hutt
btw as suggested by - i think icefire- ages ago, i added the shields to tf-ti too (and so will be for the tb in future) simply because may happen some situations (prototypes, ti avenger squad, special ships etcetc) that require ties to have shields, so it will be fredders job to remove them

Offline Black Wolf

• Twisted Infinities
  • Hey! You! Get off-a my cloud!
    • Visit the TI homepage!
Instead, just put the shield hitpoints at zero in the table. That way, there's no irritating buggerizing around for the FREDders, but it's still an easy fix if the campaign calls for a shielded TIE - particularly if Goober gets this per mission custom hitpoints/shield points code working and bug free...
TWISTED INFINITIES · SECTORGAME· FRONTLINES
Rarely Updated P3D.
Burn the heretic who killed F2S! Burn him, burn him!!- GalEmp

Offline Grug

• From the ashes...
As for the afterburners, it can become quite frustrating when you hit your tab button to make a fast get away and all you hear is shutting down sound...

You could count it as having the wings closed maybe? Even if with extras from the SCP. Or if you were really eager, you could try and get some animations to the meshes added in, but that would be quite difficult to pull off, including a function that disables weapons when the wings are 'closed'.

Anyway thats my 2 cents, I thought you guys were dead because there hadnt been an update at your site for over a year, but I guess when you check the forums there is always a different story...

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Originally posted by Black Wolf
Instead, just put the shield hitpoints at zero in the table. That way, there's no irritating buggerizing around for the FREDders, but it's still an easy fix if the campaign calls for a shielded TIE - particularly if Goober gets this per mission custom hitpoints/shield points code working and bug free...

It works for me - in several situations I've tested.  As for completely bug free, that's for you to decide. :) Check the thread in the SCP forum.

Offline KARMA

• Darth Hutt
about the site, it's only few months that our site is up on hlp, but it isn't very update, mostly because only galactic emperor has ftp access and we don't have so much time to even complete it:p