Author Topic: Favourite TBP ship?  (Read 19721 times)

Offline aipz

• War,war never changes...
I would love to be able to fly a Thunderbolt or a Nial in the game.. how i can chose them? In some missions the game allows to do a ship sellection but i allways end up with the Aurora...
Help:
Using the editor you can make missions where you can have all flyable spacecraft available...
"Another fellow pilot"

go Asimov frieghter!! its large and it can kamikaze any cap ship.  lol jk.  Thunderbolt fighter.. its fast and maneuverable.  Not as maneuverable as the interceptors in fs2 but eh close enough.

Offline -Norbert-

Now that you mention the Asimov.
It's definately the nicest civil ship currently in TBP.

Offline Col. Fishguts

• voodoo doll
Originally posted by aipz
I would love to be able to fly a Thunderbolt or a Nial in the game.. how i can chose them? In some missions the game allows to do a ship sellection but i allways end up with the Aurora...
Help:
Using the editor you can make missions where you can have all flyable spacecraft available...

If you downloaded the single mission pack, go to the mission simulator and choose single mission. IIRC there are some missions which let you fly Thunderbolts and Narn Frazis.
"I don't think that people accept the fact that life doesn't make sense. I think it makes people terribly uncomfortable. It seems like religion and myth were invented against that, trying to make sense out of it." - D. Lynch

Visit The Babylon Project, now also with HTL flavour  ¦ GTB Rhea

Offline Slasher

I didn't know what missions were in that mission pack until I downloaded it today.  Had I known I would've tried to upgrade those to be more compatible with Base 3.1.  Oops.

Offline Zeon

My favs r Shadow battlecrab & Vorlons cruiser
My favs r Shadow battlecrab & Vorlons cruiser. First thing is the shadows seem to come from nowhere when they leave you hear a mental scream, now for the vorlons they have a certain look to them that states hey you **** with me and your a deadman.
Why dont you get off your encounter suited butt and do something.........Sheridan to Kosh
Watch the shadows for they move when you are not looking......

Offline Kosh

• A year behind what's funny
I've always had a soft spot for Vorlon and Narn built things...... (xcept the T'loth, now that was a f***k'ed up design, IMHO)
"The reason for this is that the original Fortran got so convoluted and extensive (10's of millions of lines of code) that no-one can actually figure out how it works, there's a massive project going on to decode the original Fortran and write a more modern system, but until then, the UK communication network is actually relying heavily on 35 year old Fortran that nobody understands." - Flipside

Brain I/O error
Replace and press any key

Offline Sparrow

T´loths are cool, almost not seen in the show and even some starbases seems to be constructed with parts of them..
even there was a narn ship of 900 meters wich was basicaly one wing of the t´loth.

But sinze early Hyperions were in match with T´Lotchs , modern Hyperions are at pair with G`Quans.. i wonder who pointed the diference between Hyperion-Midwinter classes

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
  • This site stole my work
Speak for yourself. The Narn (or more likely the lazy CGI people) building everything out of Th'nors is a personal pet peeve of mine.
Be warned: This site's admins stole 100s of hours of my work. They will do it to you.

Offline Fineus

• ...But you *have* heard of me.
  • Administrator
    • Hard Light Productions
Heh.. I think you got off light considering Star Treks ship design policy ;)

As for me... I think the White Star is actually pretty darn neat. Those and Starfuries...

Offline -Norbert-

Well the thing with reusing parts of decomisioned ships seems to fit the Narn perfelctly.
First they designed and build the T'Loth as fast as possible to have at least some form of military presence in space, which led to a .... not so good ship.
But even when they had better ships, they where still low on material, so why not use the bad ships' hulls to build something more useful out of it?

Offline Sparrow

So they can build a heavy super mega destroyer simply gluing eleven smaller T´Loth modules long hehehe ;7

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
  • This site stole my work
Moderator reaches into deck. Plays thread necro card. Don't try this at home kids.

Now what's your favourite TBP ship and why?
Be warned: This site's admins stole 100s of hours of my work. They will do it to you.

Offline Woolie Wool

• Fire main batteries
I thought G'Quan would walk this, but Omega and... surprisingly... Omega-X seem to be very popular. Omega-X is just bonkers.
The Omega-X is just so loony and mad in its concept that it rules. I love it.

As for fighters, I'd pick either the Sentri or the PSI Thunderbolt. All those weirdly shaped Middle Children/First One ships don't do it for me, and the Aurora, Frazi, and Sky Serpent aren't agile enough.

Heh.. I think you got off light considering Star Treks ship design policy ;)
To boldly go where no kitbash has gone before...
16:46   Quanto   ****, a mosquito somehow managed to bite the side of my palm
16:46   Quanto   it itches like hell
16:46   Woolie   !8ball does Quanto have malaria
16:46   BotenAnna   Woolie: The outlook is good.
16:47   Quanto   D:

"did they use anesthetic when they removed your sense of humor or did you have to weep and struggle like a tiny baby"
--General Battuta

Offline maje

Well, this is a tough one.  Even though they are over-powered SOBs, I have to say that the Minbari Nial-fighter is my favorite simply because I LOVE beam weapons, and this ship has rapid-fire beam weaponry.  Second is the Aurora as it's a decent fighter and I generally have an easier time hitting the enemy when piloting one of these then say a Thunderbolt (though the 'bolts look cooler).
Deuternomy 22:11 explained:

Well there are many different speculations going on about this law about not mixing fibers and at least one explanation claims that it was a symbolic gesture designed to keep a pure sense of culture, people, and religion.  Seperation of crop  in the vinyard, mentioned in Dt. 22:9 and 22:10 seem to reaffirm this idea, though there may be other reasons as well.

And now, an excerpt from the Prayer of Mordecai, the Book of Esther Chapter C (New American Bible Official Catholic version).

Est C:5  You know all things.  You know, O Lord, that it was not out of insolence or pride or desire for fame that I acted thus in not bowing down to the proud Haman.  6  Gladly would I have kissed the soles of his feet for the salvation of Israel.  7  But I acted as I did so as not to place the honor of man above that of God.  I will not bow down to anyone but you, my Lord.  It is not out of pride that I am acting thus.