Author Topic: Halo: Reach  (Read 55338 times)

Offline mxlm

Takes the frustration out of ASW.
Heh. I remember trying to play 688i because I loved all the Jane's flight sims. It was...not for me. Fleet Command, though, that I could handle.

So Harpoon's scenarios didn't, like, prohibit you from using nukes on pain of triggering the annihilation of the species or something?
I will ask that you explain yourself. Please do so with the clear understanding that I may decide I am angry enough to destroy all of you and raze this sickening mausoleum of fraud down to the naked rock it stands on.

Which is all utterly tangential because this was an argument about Lib's assertion that nukes were not used because of hippies being worried about environmental damage.

You almost made it back far enough but didn't get there.

I don't care what Lib's arguing about, I was presenting my own argument as to why Nukes were not used (they're boring). You were responding to my argument not his, therefore how is Lib's relevant?

Because I wasn't responding to you. Like I said above, if nukes were used in Reach it would've probably been in a cinematic sense, not in gameplay.

If you're not responding to me don't quote my message (and the resulting message by T3R_D or whatever).
If you quote a conversation that's separate from the one you're debating are you surprised by the resulting confusion?

As for what you're saying.
The only time nukes are mentioned in Reach is in reference to the super carrier. The lack of nukes promotes a certain sequence of events that the player directly participates in. Therefore nukes, or the lack thereof, has an effect on gameplay.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2010, 04:01:51 am by Akalabeth Angel »

Offline Dilmah G

• Failed juggling
  • Do try it.
Guys, we don't need to have this 'discussion'/argument whatever. A silly debate over 'you said this, but I was actually saying it to him,' isn't going to go anywhere productive.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Guys, we don't need to have this 'discussion'/argument whatever. A silly debate over 'you said this, but I was actually saying it to him,' isn't going to go anywhere productive.

Don't tell me what I can't do.

Which is all utterly tangential because this was an argument about Lib's assertion that nukes were not used because of hippies being worried about environmental damage.

You almost made it back far enough but didn't get there.

I don't care what Lib's arguing about, I was presenting my own argument as to why Nukes were not used (they're boring). You were responding to my argument not his, therefore how is Lib's relevant?

Because I wasn't responding to you. Like I said above, if nukes were used in Reach it would've probably been in a cinematic sense, not in gameplay.

If you're not responding to me don't quote my message (and the resulting message by T3R_D or whatever).
If you quote a conversation that's separate from the one you're debating are you surprised by the resulting confusion?

As for what you're saying.
The only time nukes are mentioned in Reach is in reference to the super carrier. The lack of nukes promotes a certain sequence of events that the player directly participates in. Therefore nukes, or the lack thereof, has an effect on gameplay.

Yeah, at this point I'm so confused myself I'm just willing to plead insanity. I think the conversational threads got crosswired at some points.

Anyway, the use of nukes we were talking about was in reference to The Fall of Reach, a Halo novel that came out well before the game.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2010, 07:31:40 am by General Battuta »

Offline Dilmah G

• Failed juggling
  • Do try it.
Take it easy, you bloody choco.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
Take it easy, you bloody choco.

It's a Lost quote, you heathen!

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.
Hey gais, I just found out that the one skirmisher you shoot right outside the window is NOT the first Covenant you see on Reach.

Spoiler:
There's a stealthed Elite running away from the burning Warthog at the very beginning.  Killing it, however, does not change the course of the mission, which I found kinda WTF-worthy.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
Hey gais, I just found out that the one skirmisher you shoot right outside the window is NOT the first Covenant you see on Reach.

Spoiler:
There's a stealthed Elite running away from the burning Warthog at the very beginning.  Killing it, however, does not change the course of the mission, which I found kinda WTF-worthy.

You are le nubs! This is not, in fact, a 'real' Covenant, but a data pad carrier, part of Reach's equivalents of the Terminals.

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
That only makes it somewhat worse.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
Cheer up, big man. This whole valley just turned into a fr

huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurk

bluuuugggh uuuuuuuuuuuuurgh

cleanup plz

Offline Snail

• SC 5

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
I am vomiting at some botched dialogue in a critical scene.

Offline MR_T3D

• Personal Text
yeah, the story and acting is weak, especially compared to, say, ODST, where I actually gave a damn about my squad (and the captain, nat.)

this game is really meant for co-op firefight and MP, that's the cool part.