Author Topic: Release: 19.0.0-RC1  (Read 12189 times)

Offline SF-Junky

• Bread can mold, what can you do?
Well, wxLauncher is using SDL2 2.0.3 by default. In my All-in-One Installer i always pack wxLauncher with the current SDL2 version, which is 2.0.10.
The problem with 2.0.3 is.. it assign different GUIDs than newer versions... so the game always expect another GUID than you get via wxLauncher.

Copy the 32-bit SDL from LibSDL into your wxlauncher/bin folder and it should work... as it use the same GUID as FSO's SDL2.
I have no idea what this means in English, but it worked. :D Thanks.

Offline ShivanSpS

About OpenGL... there is no way to add backward compatibility with OpenGL 2.1?

Offline m!m

Compatibility with OpenGL 2.1 would require major changes to the rendering engine and unfortunately we do not have enough developers with the appropriate skills to do such a thing at the moment.

Offline ShivanSpS

Oh well... just to mention it, two things are needed for RPI 3/4 compatibility and those are OGL 2.1 and software S3TC, i cant do much about OGL since RPI4 will never have OGL 3.2, but im hoping to at least try to fix the S3TC thing from RPI side using 3.7.2.

EDIT: Btw it was mentioned that RPI 4 hardware supports Vulkan but no work has been done on the driver yet, so maybe one day in the future something newer than 3.7.2 will run.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2019, 08:02:39 pm by ShivanSpS »

Offline Antares

• Author of The Shivan Manifesto
I'm getting choppy playback with RC1 and nightly builds. I imagine the cause is probably my aging integrated graphics (Intel HD 4400), but they handle 3.8.0 just fine. For mods that come bundled with 19.0 by default (like the latest FS2 MVPs), I have to switch over to 3.8 to make them playable.

EDIT: I did some digging and determined that whatever change is killing my framerate was made in the April 30 nightly; April 23 is the most recent build I can use that runs normally.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2019, 06:09:51 pm by Antares »
We have returned to continue our purification of this galaxy. It is again your turn to be crushed beneath the great force that is the Antaran army. All your petty squabbling with the other beings in this galaxy is meaningless. The Antaran fleet will destroy you all, one by one. You may not surrender. You cannot win. Your only option is death.

Offline Cyborg17

• Life? Don't talk to me about life....
We have reports that the April 30th build breaks VSync.  Do you have that on?

Offline Antares

• Author of The Shivan Manifesto
Huh.  :wtf: I could have sworn that I disabled VSync when I was flipping a bunch of other toggles in an attempt to solve the problem, and it didn't help. But I tried it just now in 19.0 RC1, and it's running just fine.

Thanks much!  :)
We have returned to continue our purification of this galaxy. It is again your turn to be crushed beneath the great force that is the Antaran army. All your petty squabbling with the other beings in this galaxy is meaningless. The Antaran fleet will destroy you all, one by one. You may not surrender. You cannot win. Your only option is death.

Offline Cyborg17

• Life? Don't talk to me about life....
Glad that worked for you!!  In an effort to fix that bug, can you tell us your GPU?

EDIT: And my lack of attention to detail strikes again!  You already told us.

Offline Bryan See

• Has anyone really been far as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
  • Trying to redeem, but under Tiger Parents
    • Twitter
It's been four months, but when do we expect another release and a final release of 19.0.0?
Bryan See - My FreeSpace Wiki User Page (Talk, Contributions)

Full Projects:
Shattered Stars

Campaigns:
Lost in the Mist - Cyrene vs. Psamtik
FreeSpace: Reunited

Ships:
GTS Hygeia, GTT Argo, SC Raguel

Tools:
FSO TC/Game template

I've been under attack by Tiger Parents like Jennifer Pan...

Offline chief1983

• Still lacks a custom title
  • ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
Nightlies being off for a minute revealed some regressions that we've been finishing up, we've been talking about doing the next release very soon now.
Fate of the Galaxy - Now Hiring!  Apply within | Diaspora | SCP Home | Collada Importer for PCS2
Karajorma's 'How to report bugs' | Mantis
#freespace | #scp-swc | #diaspora | #SCP | #hard-light on EsperNet

"You may not sell or otherwise commercially exploit the source or things you created based on the source." -- Excerpt from FSO license, for reference

Nuclear1:  Jesus Christ zack you're a little too hamyurger for HLP right now...
iamzack:  i dont have hamynerge i just want ptatoc hips D:
redsniper:  Platonic hips?!
iamzack:  lays