Author Topic: Into the depths of Hell SCP  (Read 23661 times)

Re: Into the depths of Hell SCP
Noise! Long time no see on these forums!    :D
"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?" -DEATH, Discworld

"You can fight like a krogan, run like a leopard, but you'll never be better than Commander Shepard!"

Offline neoterran

It's a ridiculously good campaign series, Noise. I think it just suffers from not having anywhere near as much profile (and perhaps not as much SCP polish) as the larger and more well known campaigns.

Great, great job on all these.... glad to see more to come...
Official Taylor Fan Club Member.
Chief Grognard.
"How much code could a coder code if a coder could code code?"

Offline Slime

• Mucous-y
Just to make it clear; is CHAPTER 1 SCP'ed, and if so, where can I find that  version? The Hades Combine seems to only have the original version, or does it?

The original version was SCP-compatible. I think it was only the newer versions that had SCP problems.

So, in answer to your question: That version is perfectly compatible with Open.
"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?" -DEATH, Discworld

"You can fight like a krogan, run like a leopard, but you'll never be better than Commander Shepard!"

Offline Slime

• Mucous-y
The fiction is a great add to this series, but really... couldn't a more universal file format than wps be used? ( Universal as in something that can be opened, without losing content, with a free program)

Reading them in notepad is getting annoying. You have no idea where the text starts, really.
I've been searching for a program that can open wps files, but with no success.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2006, 09:41:09 am by Slime »

Offline Mad Bomber

• Booooom
*one month later*

So, any news?
"What the hell!? I've got a Snuffleupagus on my scanners! The Snuffleupagus is active!"

:bump:

No, I don't think so... unless Chapter 5 came out, which I doubt. Can't check now, I'm on a school computer and the site's banned.  :D

The Hammer Falls campaign look kick ass.   looking forward to see the rest. 

Offline Herra Tohtori

• The Academic
  • Bad command or file name
Meanwhile, on the other parts of the world...

I don't know if it's common knowledge, but the Chapter 4 really isn't standard SCP compatible. It uses more than 130 ships (132 to be excact), so it would require an Inferno build (until the new pilot code enables the SCP guys to make ship limits dynamic, that is).

So I would love to know where are latest Inferno builds? Karajorma uploaded quite new Inferno debug builds recently, but I wonder where I could find a recent (<3months) Inferno build. I have one Inferno build stored on my downloads directory, but it's a 20051208 version... :shaking:

So, until the new dynamic table limits are utilizable, could we get an Inferno build with most of the recent additions and fixes in it? It really sucks to get Shivan Ulyssei jumping into game trying to

As a smaller note, there's also a small bug in the modular ship table provided in the VP file... one ship had faulty XSTR entry, lacking some important things from the end of the line. Fixed file attached.

[attachment deleted by admin]
There are three things that last forever: Abort, Retry, Fail - and the greatest of these is Fail.

There was something about Inferno builds becoming obselete/incompatible a while back, so I don't think the Inferno guys have made any new builds. Ask Woomeister about that, though, I could be wrong.

As for the 130 ships limit: that doesn't AFAIK affect gameplay [if the limit is ignored]. It just makes the debug build angry and breaks multiplayer on that mod. So as long as you're just playing it at home, it shouldn't affect anything.

But just in case, why not delete 2 ship entries, ones that ITDOH4 doesn't use. Like ye olde Terrane ships: Ulysses, Herc 1. ITDOH uses the Herc 3 and Aurora (or is that Chapter 5?) models by that point.

I never had any problem with teh ships on any of teh chapters.  didn't even use the inferno build.  works fine with me.

Offline Herra Tohtori

• The Academic
I guess I'll have to go hunting if I have some tables in wrong places then... :rolleyes: :shaking:

EDIT:

Nope, I have no rogue tables in activated mod directories.

What are the three last ships visible in Ship Lab? There *should* be three of them - SB Vindhyachal, SCv Raguel and SCa Shiamak. I only have one of the three visible.

If you have all of the three vessels visible, then something is wrong on my installation. :mad:
« Last Edit: October 16, 2006, 07:12:00 pm by Herra Tohtori »
There are three things that last forever: Abort, Retry, Fail - and the greatest of these is Fail.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
There was something about Inferno builds becoming obselete/incompatible a while back, so I don't think the Inferno guys have made any new builds. Ask Woomeister about that, though, I could be wrong.

Or you could check the sticky thread in the Recent Builds forum, where you'd find an Inferno build only two days old.

Offline Herra Tohtori

• The Academic
Ah, thank you. I was not aware there were also Inferno builds there, as I don't usually use CVS builds anyway. :cool:

I was following the 3.6.9 RC7 thread, which kinda misled me, but whatever, thanks for the guidance anyway. :)

Offline AlphaOne

• !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sarafan i really could use another go at that vp dark hunter gave you....the final one. I tried to get it from the link you posted but the file isnt there anymore.
Die shivan die!!
Then jumps into his apple stealth pie and goes of to war.What a brave lad....what a brave lad say the ladies in red.

(\_/)
(O.o)
(> < ) 

This is Bunny . Copy  Bunny  into your signature to help him on his way to world domination!

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
I was following the 3.6.9 RC7 thread, which kinda misled me, but whatever, thanks for the guidance anyway. :)

The fact that there is now a difference between 3.6.9 and CVS inferno builds is yet one more reason why we want to get rid of them altogether :D

Right now I can build 4 3.6.9 builds (inferno\normal as release and debug versions) and 4 CVS builds. And that's without optimised builds and doing all that again for FRED.  Starting to get somewhat silly really.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Herra Tohtori

• The Academic
Latest Inferno CVS builds (both the optimized and un-optimized) are experiencing terrible slowdowns at any larger effects: Beams, beamglows, flak, subspace vortices, fire effect... little things like that. They are unplayable at least on this PC. Tried both optimized and unoptimized version... the unoptimized worked slightly better.

I would estimate that it is specifically large DDS textures that, for some reason, are not being nice to the latest Inferno builds. Reason to this I can only guess, but that would seem to be the thing. :sigh:

I'd just like to know if the 3.6.9 branch Inferno builds have the same problem, or if this is at all related to Very Bad FPS problem, or even exactly the same thing. If this is a problem existing in latest CVS builds, could someone please add an Inferno build of the latest 3.6.9 RC build into corresponding topic? It would make actually playing ItDOH#4 possible; now I have to edit the table file and move ships up and down in the table according to what ships are needed in next misson. It kinda breaks the continuity... :nervous:

By the way, speaking of P4 optimized builds.

Even though I do have an Athlon64 CPU, would I really profit from P4 optimization? I'm running a 32bit Windows version, so wouldn't the program work in 32bit mode regardless of the processor - or does the FS2_Open executable have ability to override the 32bit OS and use 64bit properties of the processor?

I would think not, but I'd like to be sure about this.

Offline AlphaOne

• !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
What the......! How can it not exist since i just cheked mi messages 2 day ago! Oh wait there was something wrong with mi mai adress.....! Try it now or you could send it to me at [email protected]  !
Die shivan die!!
Then jumps into his apple stealth pie and goes of to war.What a brave lad....what a brave lad say the ladies in red.

(\_/)
(O.o)
(> < ) 

This is Bunny . Copy  Bunny  into your signature to help him on his way to world domination!

Offline AlphaOne

• !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
well you should be able to dend it to me in the mail in you chop it up or archive it into packages smaller then 10 mb!
Die shivan die!!

(\_/)
(O.o)
(> < ) 

Offline Sarafan

• No Title
*comes back from exile at others parts of HLP*

AlphaOne, I'll upload the file again in rapidshare this monday or thursday, then post the link here, thanks for the headsup HM, if anyone wants to contact me do it from pm, wont be getting into msn for a long, long time.

Actually I'm so lost on FS now (only used two threads, forgot that rest even existed) that can someone give a small update at anything that happened? :P
« Last Edit: October 22, 2006, 06:16:36 pm by Sarafan »