Author Topic: Wing Commander 6: The Undiscovered Release Date (Star Citizen Thread)  (Read 598409 times)

Offline Bryan See

• Has anyone really been far as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
  • Trying to redeem, but under Tiger Parents
    • Twitter
Re: Wing Commander 6: The Undiscovered Release Date (Star Citizen Thread)
What kind of change? Possibly an in-game purchase or some modification?
Bryan See - My FreeSpace Wiki User Page (Talk, Contributions)

Full Projects:
Shattered Stars

Campaigns:
Lost in the Mist - Cyrene vs. Psamtik
FreeSpace: Reunited

Ships:
GTS Hygeia, GTT Argo, SC Raguel

Tools:
FSO TC/Game template

I've been under attack by Tiger Parents like Jennifer Pan...

Offline Blue Lion

• Star Shatterer
Apparently the lead designer for No Man's Sky and left for Star Citizen. I wonder if it's possible for this move to be bad news for both games?

http://nichegamer.com/2016/11/16/no-mans-sky-designer-leaves-work-star-citizen/

*edit* wrong word
« Last Edit: November 17, 2016, 07:44:38 pm by Blue Lion »

Over-promise and under-deliver meets over-promise and never deliver.

Offline Kszyhu

Don't mind me, just writing some unrelated notes.

Senior QA
Lionhead Studios
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lionhead_Studios
Founders:    Peter Molyneux

Offline Lorric

Star Citizen is doing... something. 4th Anniversary Livestream:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-MF7xYMB0A

4th Anniversary

Duke Nukem Forever was in development for fourteen years....  Think Chris Roberts can milk the loyal citizens for at least that long?

Offline Lorric

4th Anniversary

Duke Nukem Forever was in development for fourteen years....  Think Chris Roberts can milk the loyal citizens for at least that long?
Well right now they're unveiling a new ship. Yours for the paltry sum of $425. So we'll see how well that sells I guess...

I did a bit of skimming at what they've already streamed and it looked to be all about ships too.

$425?

That's a terrible deal.  For half that price, I'll photocopy my butt and send you the physical media.

Offline Lorric

Today is just the first day of a multi day release of ships.

Why am I not surprised.

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
Are any of them even in game?
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline CT27

For $425 I could get the new PS4 Pro.

Offline Lorric

For $425 I could get the new PS4 Pro.
It might actually be more. Perhaps in the US it's $425, here in the UK for me, it's $456:

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/pledge/Standalone-Ships/Esperia-Prowler-LTI-UEE-Warbond-Version

Well, I guess you could get a PS4 Pro and play Elite Dangerous on it for that.

elite is only on the pc and xbone
The good Christian should beware of mathematicians, and all those who make empty prophecies. The danger already exists that the mathematicians have made a covenant with the devil to darken the spirit and to confine man in the bonds of Hell.

Offline Lorric

It's coming to PS4, but yes, not out yet.

Offline 666maslo666

• Artificial Neural Network
They showed Star Marine gameplay (I dont like that fast movement speed tho), and the big news is that they are going to release internal schedule every week.

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/schedule-report

2.6 patch should come out on 8th December. Then its on for 3.0 Jesus patch development.
"For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return." - Leonardo da Vinci

Arguing on the internet is like running in the Special Olympics. Even if you win you are still retarded.

Offline Kszyhu

By the way, they have a sale of limited amounts of cash-only ships, 1300$ Idris-P (447 left out of 600), or 2700$ Javelin (all 150 sold out), with one more installment of 200 and 50 ships respectively left.

Offline 666maslo666

• Artificial Neural Network
I don't know if people have seen it but I found a Gamespot SC article.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/star-citizen-dev-responds-to-criticisms-announces-/1100-6445582/?utm_source=gamefaqs&utm_medium=partner&utm_content=news_module&utm_campaign=hub_platform

I totally understand the point about SC being a very complex and groundbreaking game and thus taking long to develop. I wouldnt even mind waiting a decade if they manage to deliver on most of the promises.

But what I am concerned about is why did they have so many studios, contractors and people working on the game since 2013, when basic engine technology wasnt yet ready. That doesnt seem like an efficient use of backers money. First create the engine and the technology, and then when all the production pipelines are pinned down you can massively expand into content creation phase. But it is easy to criticise in hindsight..
"For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return." - Leonardo da Vinci

Arguing on the internet is like running in the Special Olympics. Even if you win you are still retarded.

Offline Unknown Target

• Get off my lawn!
  • Push.Pull?
This is cool of them, but at the same time, how is it any different than giving timelines before? Now they're just doing it more regularly? Historically timelines haven't really meant much to the game's development.

We heard you like empty promises, so we filled our currently-empty promises with more empty promises!  (We're just hoping that this isn't like putting a Portable Hole in a Bag of Holding.)