Author Topic: What are you working on?  (Read 308232 times)

Re: What are you working on?
Thanks and yeah I would do that myself too.  ;7

a little bit late on my version of the GTD Masashi . For now I'm calling it the GTD Antaris

Got Shivans? The SOC Ezechiel is the schnitzel! Don't leave base without it.

GTD Orion=>EACa Auriga
GTSD Bastion=>GTD Antaris

This one looks a bit strange though IMO... I think it could take some design elements from the GTD Sirona; would make it look more Terran.

Thanks for the input! As it is now, I'm pretty much open what to do with this. I'll take a look at the Sirona which I have myself.
Got Shivans? The SOC Ezechiel is the schnitzel! Don't leave base without it.

Thanks for the input! As it is now, I'm pretty much open what to do with this. I'll take a look at the Sirona which I have myself.

Here's another thing that has atleast some similarities with your ship. I don't know who made this and it wasn't ever finished, but it's a really cool looking ship, probably a corvette. Besides being an overall good looking thing (I really like the way this thing is structured), you might want to take a look at the way the 2 side parts are made, they could be if they were larger - like those you already have on your model - be used as concept in case you want to edit the fighterbays a bit.

[attachment stolen by Russian hackers]

Offline LionSGI

• My FreeSpace2 models

has several issues, for example: it is in landing configuration... just a WIP :)

can someone make the wing move? i thought with the s-foil function somehow... is it possible?

My models: Slave One EP2 , C-70 , C-70 red , Radiant VII , Munificent , Recusant , Providence
If You would like to join this project (Clone Wars mod for FreeSpace2Open), then do not hesitate to contact me; ANY help is welcome

Offline Black Wolf

• Twisted Infinities
  • Hey! You! Get off-a my cloud!
    • Visit the TI homepage!
As long as the wings are separate submodel, they can be made to move using the animation code. You can either set it up so that they're moved by the FREDder making the mission, or you can link it to things that happen in mission, like firing the weapons or using the afterburner. Those probably aren't quite right for a Firespray though - you likely either want them to be just shifted manually (since they'll spend 99% of their time horizontal) or link them to the engines being in use.

That is a tiny bit trickier, because you'll need to use a lua script, but it's already written, so it's essentially just a matter of using one extra file and changing the ship it references to the Firespray. Grab my GTFg Jupiter and use the -sct.tbm included as your base (or just leave it for FREDders, as above :)). NB, if you do use it, credit Xenocartographer for the script, not me.

TWISTED INFINITIES · SECTORGAME· FRONTLINES
Rarely Updated P3D.
Burn the heretic who killed F2S! Burn him, burn him!!- GalEmp

Offline LionSGI

• My FreeSpace2 models
As long as the wings are separate submodel, they can be made to move using the animation code. You can either set it up so that they're moved by the FREDder making the mission, or you can link it to things that happen in mission, like firing the weapons or using the afterburner. Those probably aren't quite right for a Firespray though - you likely either want them to be just shifted manually (since they'll spend 99% of their time horizontal) or link them to the engines being in use.

That is a tiny bit trickier, because you'll need to use a lua script, but it's already written, so it's essentially just a matter of using one extra file and changing the ship it references to the Firespray. Grab my GTFg Jupiter and use the -sct.tbm included as your base (or just leave it for FREDders, as above :)). NB, if you do use it, credit Xenocartographer for the script, not me.

thank You for the suggestions! i thought about it, You were right: the wings are most of the time in flying (horizontal) position, and only moved to vertical when landing and docking. i guess, one can link it to the docking function too, since there is really no landing scenario in space... :) it would not make much sense to let the player move the wings, but i think it would be cool to allow this - just for fun :)

i hope there are FREDers out there who will use it, because i do not know anything about FRED.... if i decide to use the script, i will give credit. also, if someone would like to use this model, please contact me. as with my other models, this one is also free to use.

My models: Slave One EP2 , C-70 , C-70 red , Radiant VII , Munificent , Recusant , Providence
If You would like to join this project (Clone Wars mod for FreeSpace2Open), then do not hesitate to contact me; ANY help is welcome

Offline Wet Orange Ostrich Toilet

• Worst Modder HLP has ever seen
I worked on a fighter I *may* have inspired a bit from the Arwing from Star Fox.

I call it the LC-40 "Starfire"

"I thought the Medal Display thingy was a baking tray!"

Offline LionSGI

• My FreeSpace2 models

Everybody too busy to post?  (i hope so) :D

finally, after a long time, i managed to texture the Slave One, it is painted as it was used by Jango Fett, i hope You like it:

i also uploaded my very first model for FreeSpace2Open, the Radiant VII to p3d:

Everybody too busy to post?  (i hope so) :D

My FRED work sadly doesn't yield in things worth posting screens yet... :(

finally, after a long time, i managed to texture the Slave One, it is painted as it was used by Jango Fett, i hope You like it:

Nice :yes:
« Last Edit: July 24, 2018, 12:35:58 am by Nightmare »

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
I'm loving that cruiser.
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline Bryan See

• Has anyone really been far as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
  • Trying to redeem, but under Tiger Parents
    • Twitter
I've uploaded the WiP of the DeathBall A (Death Ball A or sometimes known as Death Ball or DeathBall) in use by the Unknown Intellectual Mechanised Species (UIMS), an enemy faction of Galaxian 3 and Starblade.
Bryan See - My FreeSpace Wiki User Page (Talk, Contributions)

Full Projects:
Shattered Stars

Campaigns:
Lost in the Mist - Cyrene vs. Psamtik
FreeSpace: Reunited

Ships:
GTS Hygeia, GTT Argo, SC Raguel

Tools:
FSO TC/Game template

I've been under attack by Tiger Parents like Jennifer Pan...

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
"But Galemp" you exclaim, "Why are you kitbashing all these FS1 models? Haven't you done enough already?" To which I reply, "Never."

This kitbash of the GTB Athena merges two fuselages, and replaces one cockpit/life support system with a giant cannon, for use as an experimental weapons platform. The co-pilot acts as a dedicated gunner for this weapon, monitoring targeting and testing results in real-time.

In the final model, this is gonna be a weapon turret with narrow forward FOV. I'm looking forward to mounting an AAA beam on it.
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
Take a cue from the Germans and call it the Athena-Z.
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

Offline Fusion

Currently working on the story, outlines, and ship list for a campaign. Approximately 75% done with the former and 20% done with the latter two. Approaching things from a different perspective - I'll say it's a story no one has done before and is based from a retired veteran - not military or mercenary - point of view. Expect plenty of hot FS1 and pre-Great War vs FS2 action, GTI conspiracies, and most important of all, an actual in-game use for the Green Beam. Will probably be putting a 'help wanted' thread up soon.

Offline Oddgrim

• I like building stuff.
    • Art Thumblr

[GhostOfMjn: I can provide hi res vasudan ass]
[Hades]: we have so much in common we should bang.
My models page:
http://p3d.in/u/Oddgrim

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Code: [Select]
HEADZHEADZHEADZHEADZ
SO MUSY TITCHY TASTY

Offline Oddgrim

• I like building stuff.
    • Art Thumblr
HEADZHEADZHEADZHEADZ
SO MUSY TITCHY TASTY

:D

edit:

« Last Edit: August 25, 2018, 03:10:00 pm by Oddgrim »
[GhostOfMjn: I can provide hi res vasudan ass]
[Hades]: we have so much in common we should bang.
My models page:
http://p3d.in/u/Oddgrim

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
STRIKE FIRST
203RD

Neat. :cool:

Offline HLD_Prophecy

• PVD_Hope in a former life
Take a cue from the Germans and call it the Athena-Z.

Use it to tow massive unwieldy transports that don't have engines. :D