Author Topic: Fallout TV Series From Westworld Creators Based On Games For Amazon  (Read 1365 times)

Offline Bryan See

• Has anyone really been far as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
  • Trying to redeem, but under Tiger Parents
    • Twitter
Fallout TV Series From Westworld Creators Based On Games For Amazon
From Deadline.com:

The worldwide best-selling game franchise Fallout is headed to television via Prime Video. Following months of dealmaking, Amazon Studios has licensed the rights to the games for Jonathan Nolan and Lisa Joy to develop a TV adaptation, which has received a series commitment.

This marks the first major project to come out of Westworld creators/executive producers’ big overall deal with Amazon Studios. The duo’s Kilter Films is producing Fallout alongside Bethesda Game Studios and Bethesda Softworks. Prime Video and Bethesda just posted a short “easter egg”  video teasing the project.

Here's the associated link on Twitter.

But the question remains, will this be the precursor to the eventual Mortal Engines TV series adaptation? I'd prefer the Ender's Game TV series first.
Bryan See - My FreeSpace Wiki User Page (Talk, Contributions)

Full Projects:
Shattered Stars

Campaigns:
Lost in the Mist - Cyrene vs. Psamtik
FreeSpace: Reunited

Ships:
GTS Hygeia, GTT Argo, SC Raguel

Tools:
FSO TC/Game template

I've been under attack by Tiger Parents like Jennifer Pan...

Offline spart_n

• I am the labeller of CringeTM and KinoTM
    • Steam
Re: Fallout TV Series From Westworld Creators Based On Games For Amazon
ah yes, video game movies. those are known for their quality.

It won't feel authentic, unless they only have three actors show up for their ADR work and all the story is told in the form of humorously posed skeletons in the background of literally every shot.

Offline Bryan See

• Has anyone really been far as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
    • Twitter
Video game TV series are better than movies. :)

Full Projects:
Shattered Stars

Campaigns:

Ships:

Tools:
FSO TC/Game template

It won't feel authentic, unless they only have three actors show up for their ADR work and all the story is told in the form of humorously posed skeletons in the background of literally every shot.

Yes!

ALSO:
If you want a live-action Fallout fix, here's the short series, Nuka Break. Excellent stuff.

Offline Bryan See

• Twitter

Yes!

ALSO:
If you want a live-action Fallout fix, here's the short series, Nuka Break. Excellent stuff.
That's the very least we'll get until there's an official release of Amazon's Fallout series.

Full Projects:
Shattered Stars

Campaigns:

Ships:

Tools:
FSO TC/Game template

Offline 0rph3u5

• Oceans rise. Empires fall.
It'd be intesting to see which Fallout they are using as a base -- Fallout 1+2+New Vegas and Fallout 4+76 are so disintinctive from each other on a subtextual level as not to be comperable. Setting the common aestehtically elements (50s retrofuturism) and shared fundational elements (the same historical divergence point, the same ideological compass for in-universe characters), they can even be considered unrelated. Which of course isn't suprising given the whole history of the franchise.
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

"...because they are not Dragons."